PDA

View Full Version : So it begins... The next step

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 18th, 2007, 10:38 PM
You thought, "Hey I don't smoke, so the smoking bans are fine by me..." Right? Well here's the first salvo in the next step towards socialization:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/16487654.htm?source=rss

LA_MERC_Spark
January 19th, 2007, 12:02 AM
i was having a good night till now man.... ignorant bastages!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 19th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Well, if it makes you feel better, you and Andy can Spank each other... After last nights little shouting match.. a little spanking may be in order.,LOL

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 19th, 2007, 05:35 AM
How else am I supposed to get my frustration out?:stick

LA_MERC_Wetzny
January 19th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Another example of the "It takes a village" mentality. And the Democrats think spying on terrorists, tracking their bank accounts is a threat to our freedoms. Its this kind of BS, the laws against smoking in public, smoking in your car or home when children are present, eating certain types of food or soft drinks, its THESE laws that threaten our freedoms.

Why can't the government of California, protect the citizens of that state from the onslaught of illegals? Because they're to busy telling you what to do in your own home, tragic.

LA_MERC_johncst
January 19th, 2007, 07:47 AM
maybe she needs to be around my 3year old she would go nutts

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 19th, 2007, 07:55 AM
There is an inherent difference between "spanking" and "whipping"...one is done out of love to promote better behavior (causality)...the other is abuse.

Having a law that takes away discipline will only make future generations more unruly...imho

LA_MERC_BS
January 19th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I don't think the great citizens of the south will ever have to worry about a bill being passed in our area that prohibits spanking children. Even if it did come to pass, I'm still going to beat my damn kids. I'm sure everyone in here has had his ass torn up when he was a kid. It didn't kill any of us and we all probably deserved it. If you didn't , then consider it a beating for some crap you got away with. I ain't having my kids grow being disrespectful little smart mouth democrats always whining about social reform and tollerance. A good ass whipping goes a long way.

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 19th, 2007, 12:48 PM
hahahahah...lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 19th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I'll be in jail is all I can say because if my boys get disrespectful and yell no to me, they get the fire beat out of them. Enough said. And if you have ever met my boys you would say it works. I've got two great boys that mind. Why do they mind. BECUASE THEY DON'T WANT THE WRATH OF DADDY BEAR COMING DOWN ON THEM!

Rollout
January 19th, 2007, 05:47 PM
The shouting match was STILL being laughed at today at work, so please feel free to continue this weekend:)

And aim the damn helicopter correctly this time Spark!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Sniper
January 19th, 2007, 08:23 PM
i bet these people dont even have children there is a difference between beating a child and punishing a child with a little smack. A little more spankings in the world and it would be a better place

Chi_Townz
January 20th, 2007, 06:23 AM
RGR that BS!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 20th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Another example of the "It takes a village" mentality. And the Democrats think spying on terrorists, tracking their bank accounts is a threat to our freedoms. Its this kind of BS, the laws against smoking in public, smoking in your car or home when children are present, eating certain types of food or soft drinks, its THESE laws that threaten our freedoms.

Why can't the government of California, protect the citizens of that state from the onslaught of illegals? Because they're to busy telling you what to do in your own home, tragic.

AMEN! The governments are too busy butting there noses in our homes rather than making our country a better and safer place to live. Matter of fact. I think I will have a smoke now.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
January 31st, 2007, 07:04 AM
More and more on this...

When will the Government of California decide to stop the flood of illegals pouring over, and tunneling under the border with Mexico instead of legislating what type of F'ing LIGHT BULBS you use in your own HOME!

You give a politician an inch they take TEN MILES!!! Stop Big Government, no matter WHICH PARTY espouses it! What a freaking nightmare these people are.

http://in.today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2007-01-31T095034Z_01_NOOTR_RTRJONC_0_India-285688-1.xml&archived=False

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 31st, 2007, 07:33 AM
They should... If you are not using those bulbs you should. They are awesome. I have noticed a drop in my energy bill in the first month. I havent changed them in almost 4 years and they stay cool. I got them primarily because someone cant remember to turn the lights off when not in the room.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
January 31st, 2007, 09:24 AM
I’m not disputing whether or not the light bulbs are effective, or whether or not they are right or wrong. The problem, to me, is: Why do I need a government official telling me what light bulb to use? If I use an “illegal” bulb will the light bulb police kick in my front door, haul my children off to SRS, and arrest my wife and me for Illegal Lighting? Where does it stop?

The freedom to use tobacco, freedom to buy a candy bar from a snack machine at a high school, the freedom NOT to have low flow toilets in your new home. (Ironically, has anyone noticed sometimes you have to flush those more than once?) The freedom not to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle (which I think is stupid, but its your skull) the freedom to choose not to wear a seatbelt, all these and many, many more personal freedoms disappear under an avalanche of legislation from the local, state and federal level every day. I personally find it outrageous, when and where does it cease?

Remember these are the same people who can’t find the will power to stop a torrent of illegal immigrants, agree on a livable minimum wage, and create a fair and logical flat tax or national sales tax. But they have the insight, the knowledge, the TIME to decide whether or not I should smoke in my car, eat a Big Mac, and the light bulbs I use? It’s an insult.

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 31st, 2007, 09:36 AM
You gotta be plumb nuts to think you will get in trouble for not using a certain type of light bulb. There is no comparison between using a certain bulb and wearing you seatbelt or helmet. The bulb is about conserving energy while the seatbelt and helmet is about safety. Driving isn't a freedom it is a privilege, you have rules so follow them.

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 31st, 2007, 09:42 AM
Having electricity isn't a freedom either. It's not even a necessity! If you don't like it, turn off your electricity. Just like I choose not to ride a motorcycle or immigrate to Mexico.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
January 31st, 2007, 09:56 AM
You gotta be plumb nuts to think you will get in trouble for not using a certain type of light bulb. There is no comparison between using a certain bulb and wearing you seatbelt or helmet. The bulb is about conserving energy while the seatbelt and helmet is about safety. Driving isn't a freedom it is a privilege, you have rules so follow them.

Then why make a certain type of light bulb legal or illegal? It's silliness by elected officals who should spend their time working on serious issues.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==