PDA

View Full Version : Armored Fury

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 11th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Recently I've started playing the AF booster pack again. Not many servers play these maps but I have found a dedicated AF server that I've been spending mass amounts of time on. Since I didn't work again today I put in a quality 6 hours of play time today, most of which was in the A10, Attack chopper, or Little bird. It shouldn't be long before I have my Helicopter Combat Badge, can't let Andy be the only one with that little baby.

Anyway for those interested in some flavor to your BF2 gaming experience here are the ip's to some servers.
Armored Fury: 69.65.15.175
Euro Forces: 69.65.15.194
Total Conquest: 69.65.15.197
Special Forces: 69.65.15.204

I believe they are based out of Germany but I get a middle 60's ping.

LA_MERC_Spark
January 11th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I need to get it...had it in my hand the other day, but put it back

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 11th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Playing the AF booster has gotten me back into wanting to play again. I was starting to get bored with the same old maps that every server plays. Hell I even played a little Euro Forces the other day just for some flavor. AF is the best add-on for BF2 though.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Oh I love AF to death but for some stupid ass EA reason my AF and EF say their installed but won't play. I can't uninstall since they're not showing installed but my stupid arse EA link says its ready to play, DAMN EA, DAMN YOU TO HELL!

LA_MERC_goose
January 12th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Andy, within the EA Link can you double click on the booster pack then click the play arrow?

Chi_Townz
January 12th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Andy, try removing the reg keys for the 2 and let it install again. It may work. I helped John with SF and it did the trick... let me know if it works.

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 13th, 2007, 07:59 AM
have you not learned Chi...this is Andy, step by step is required, unless it is the combustion ratio of the molecular composition of methane in relation to the earth's gravitational pull...go figure.
:stick

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 13th, 2007, 08:12 AM
How do you remove the registry keys for SF? That may work for me.

Chi_Townz
January 13th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Go to http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11150&p_created=1132789004&p_sid=Ibq6qBri&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MTEmcF9wcm9kcz03LDEzODgmcF9jYXRzPTU2NiZ wX3B2PTIuMTM4OCZwX2N2PTEuNTY2JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2Vhc mNoX3RleHQ9cmVnaXN0cnkga2V5cw**&p_li=&p_topview=1

On a side note, this worked for John, as far as the boosters... there are 2 registry folders specifically for them. you would have to do a search. ALSO, do not delet them at first. Just cut them out and put them somewhere safe in case you need to restore it later.

Chi_Townz
January 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I was just on EA for the link to help EX... I found something ineresting as well( see bold section)

Question
What can be done when the game locks up or freezes?
Answer
There are a variety of different ways a system can "lock up" or freeze during gameplay. The steps below will give you a better idea on where the issue may lie.

If the screen is blank and nothing is happening there are a few immediate things you can try.

* Hold down the Alt button and tap the Tab key. This should minimize the window.
* Hold down the Alt key and tap the F4 key. This should close the current window.
* If your keyboard has one, hit the Windows button. This should bring up the Windows start bar.
* Hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys, then tap delete once. This will bring up the task manager. From here you can manually shut down the game.

If these steps fail to get you out of the lock up you will have to restart your system. If you cannot turn the system off normally try holding in the power button for ten seconds.

Once the computer is back up, try the following to troubleshoot this situation:

* Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for the game.
o Click here for assistance in finding the minimum requirements for the game.
* Make sure your drivers and system files are as up to date as possible. The computer might be giving an instruction to a device that simply does not know how to proceed.
o Click here for instructions on updating drivers.
* Make sure that there are no extra programs running in the background that might interfere with the games execution.
o Click here for instructions on ending your background tasks.
* Some of these lock ups could be sound related. Lowering sound acceleration is a good way to test this.
o Click here for instructions on changing your sound acceleration.
* If the above steps fail, uninstall the game completely then reinstall it.
* Also, you can try the game on a separate computer. If the same thing happens, then it could be a bad disk.
* Clear local temp files.
* Either move or rename the Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2142 folder found in My Documents
* Start the game once more and re-retireve your account.
Note: you may need to reconfigure video, audio, and key-binding settings.

This may help as well....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==