PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Request

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 19th, 2006, 04:46 PM
So, I'm trying to activate a version of windows installed off an image. I have to call every time I use this image because sysprep didn't do what it was supposed to do, but that's neither here nor there.

I call to activate and talk to "Christopher" who happens to have a surprisingly heavy Indian accent. "Christopher" asks me if I am trying to authenticate windows to which I replied "yes".

This is his response: "I'm sorry. We are going through some unscheduled routine maintenance right now. Please call back in one half hour" and then hangs up on me.

What the hell is "unscheduled routine maintenance"?! If it were routine, it would be scheduled!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 19th, 2006, 08:03 PM
LMAO.... sounds like Microsoft just PWONED you!!!

LA_MERC_Shadow
December 19th, 2006, 10:14 PM
He had probably finished tracing your number and was hopping off to call the FBI. Look out your window for them.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 19th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Well, given that I'm dating an ex-FBI special agent...I figure I have little to nothing to worry about.

LA_MERC_Shadow
December 20th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Hooking up with a G-man, uh, er, G-woman?

LA_MERC_Spark
December 20th, 2006, 07:33 AM
grrrr microsoft blows... So bad that when the hurricane hit NO and we had to flee to Beaumont they refused to send us copies of the software we own with out buying new upgrades! PISS on them! Ubuntu FTW!

Chi_Townz
December 20th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Yeh, try calling HP support....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==