PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 7

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 12th, 2006, 06:45 AM
OK so this morning IE 7 is updated onto my system, any suggestions on how to configure it? Will it effect my beloved BF2?

LA_MERC_Onji
December 12th, 2006, 07:11 AM
http://www.getfirefox.com :)

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
December 12th, 2006, 07:29 AM
X2... It raised hell with my wifes machine-(XPS)- and mine was locking up with multiple windows open. Got firefox and now everything runs great... IE 7.0 is the debil.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 12th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Ok, I get the messege.

Do I uninstall IE7 or do I overlay firefox2 as my choice inside of IE7? By now you know I’m not a smarty-pants when it comes to this stuff. Me need step-by-step instructions. :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 12th, 2006, 07:57 AM
I'm a firm believer in the fewer Microsoft programs you have on your machine, the better it will run...uninstall it, go back to 6.X...and wait for some serious patches. Until then, get all the benefits of IE7 by loading FF2.0...it's all I use at work.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 12th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I'm a firm believer in the fewer Microsoft programs you have on your machine, the better it will run...uninstall it, go back to 6.X...and wait for some serious patches. Until then, get all the benefits of IE7 by loading FF2.0...it's all I use at work.

Ok. Will I be able to uninstall IE 7, without uninstalling IE 6? or do I have to reinstall 6? (Like I said, me STUPEE) or just drop 7 and install FF2. Once I put FF2 on what do I do with IE 6? And what is the best config for FF2? Will it FUBAR my e-mail or any other stuff?

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
December 12th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Wetz...I just DL'd firefox and use it. I did not uninstall 7.0, I just quit using it. It looked like a mess to uninstall it, but then again I am uber computer noob so....

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 12th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Ah, Ok... I'll try it when I get home.. thanks sling. Further suggestions anyone?

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 12th, 2006, 08:38 AM
No...I wouldn't uninstall IE6...just leave it alone (I deleted the icon off the desktop and everything). I just stopped using IE. As for email, if you use Outlook Express or Outlook, nothing will change. If you use the web, when you install FF, you can tell it to port over your IE bookmarks etc (which is a nice feature!) and then you should be good to go. I haven't run into anything yet that doesn't work in FF. Just be sure that when you see something that is missing, you may not have the plugin (like for Macromedia stuff). Just click on that and install the plugin, and you should be good to go.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 12th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I really like IE7 and the tabbed browsing, I think it works great and did not mess u anything for me

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
December 12th, 2006, 03:43 PM
IE7 is reaking Havoc with CS users. Alot of crashes to desktop and such. I read on the forums to not update and revert to the version before IE7. My CS1.6 would crashe to desktop prolly 4-5 times a map. Once I reverted back it stopped doing it at all.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
December 12th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Yeah..My wifes XPS was having memory dump's every 5-10 mins..just surfing..no games....The debil I tell ya.

Chi_Townz
December 12th, 2006, 08:28 PM
HAHAHA

We are forbiddin to use it at work... locks the whole systems up.

Wetz, when you uninstall 7, it will automaticly leave 6 on your machine. DL FF. If you need help, let me know. FF is great, I really like the tabbed browser myself. AND it blocks more pop ups than IE.

Youll like it.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 12th, 2006, 10:37 PM
IE-7 GONE.. OK thanks now using FF2. Got a Theme suggestion?

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
December 13th, 2006, 08:07 AM
IE-7 GONE.. Got a Theme suggestion?

What I want for Christmass? Youll shoot your eye out kid! Sorry the movie was on last night, im no help other than that.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 13th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Got any pictures of your new Bow yet? Or is it just a very expense door stop? :stick

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
December 13th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah I took some last night...I will get them up today. Im going with all FUSE for add on stuff, started looking at arrows, holy crap lots I didnt know and lots of choices..lmao

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 13th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Carbon Express arrows, will you be shooting mechanicals or fixed blade broadheads?

THREAD HIJACKED BY BOWHUNTERS......

LA_MERC_Drifter
December 13th, 2006, 08:53 AM
What kind of bow did you buy Sling?

Carbon Express, Gold Tip, or the new Maxima arrows are all good choices. Personally I shoot a fixed blade broadhead. If I were going to shoot mechanicals I would go with something like the Rocky Mountain Snyper. That just seems like the best way to go in that dept.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 13th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I shoot the new 100 grain Montec fixed blade, the new ones can be resharpend, which is handy. When it's kind of slow in the tree, I like to shoot at squirrels.

I will shoot a Hyper Shock mechanical, it has a 2 inch cutting diameter, you could put your fist into the exit wound. The last doe I shot, I used the Hyper Shock, hit her in the golden zone from 30 yards, the deer was on the ground and dead in about 15 seconds. The 2 inch cutting diameter, does the trick on a well placed shot. But like I said, when its time to shoot a big buck, I won't use anything other than a fixed blade. Fickle that way for some reason.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
December 13th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Hola Drifter...I bought an 07 Hoyt Vectrix, I think im going to start off with fixed broadhead's, and yeah im leaning towards the carbon express....This is an overwhelming and spendy hobby but damn its fun so far.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==