PDA

View Full Version : Wii.

the noxious
December 9th, 2006, 02:42 AM
So I finally did something I never thought I would do.

I waited in line for a video game system.
For 8-9 hours.
This past tuesday, i got to walmart in ruston, around 10:30pm, and was just there for cough medicine. My friend asks me to wait in line with him, so i said okay. But, my girlfriend said that if I was going to sit in line, I might as well get her one.

So yeah, they had 9 chairs, for 9 Wii's. I was in chair #4.
I got a Wii, and the new Zelda.

I will never wait in line for a system ever again.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 9th, 2006, 09:08 AM
LOL..

Well, I just cant see it,,, I dont care how woderful its suppose to be.

Chi_Townz
December 9th, 2006, 10:56 AM
lol, rgr that dog!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 9th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Thats wack! LOL

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 9th, 2006, 12:12 PM
HAHA I want one pretty bad. I've been checking at all the local stores, everywhere online, etc. but I refuse to wait in line more than 30-60 minutes. I went to the local wal-mart on wed. morning and they had 14 Wii's. the 14th person had been in line for over 48 hours. that's f'in crazy.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 9th, 2006, 09:32 PM
it's cool if you sit in line in front of best buy - it's just sad to sit in line in front of wal mart :D

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 9th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Unless you can get the wife to sit in line. :)

My wife went to Walmart the other day stood in line for an hour was number 24 of 30 and now I have a Wii. Yep, not having to stand in line myself is a good thing. :D

the noxious
December 10th, 2006, 12:10 AM
well, it was inside walmart, aisle 14 to be exact. all 9 of us had a camp fo sorts.
played card games, i had my DS and PSP. it just got really boring about 5 hours in.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 10th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Ok, out of curiosity how does the Wii rank against consoles like the XBOX 360 and PS3. Who's the leader?

the noxious
December 10th, 2006, 01:47 PM
that's pretty much a matter of opinion, but as of right now, I will side with the Wii and xbox360. Sony just dropped the ball on the PS3. I saw it in action the other day in monroe, and it didn't look all that amazing to me. it was side by side with gears of war on the 360, and GOW won.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
December 10th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I have a 360 and I will stick with it. I started out a sony guy, with a PS and a PS2, but eventually got an xbox just for halo and fell in love, especially with the live set up. xbox live is by far what makes the xbox better then the ps2. As for the ps3 compared to the 360, I havent played a ps3 at all. Only seen em. Games are so expensive today, I couldnt support two systems if I had em.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 11th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah played the wii a bunch this weekend it has potential and is kinda cool with the games atm, but a lot of work is needed. I was batting, golfing and bowling like a fool...lol
I had a chance to pick up my friends extra, but I passed at the moment...just play too much computer, and will pick one up next year probably.

As a rank, it is impossible, the graphics were much better than I anticipated on the wii.
Xbox360 has some real nice games atm, and PS3 has one game...lol i little pricey for 1 game, ultimately the PS3 will be the console of choice by the masses as it gets cheaper, as sony always dominates the market, but now xbox360 is the leader with nintendo wii make a strong initial offering and unlimited potential with the controller, and PS3 way behind in gameplay.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 12th, 2006, 07:14 AM
i thought this was pretty good. here is a little history lesson:

http://www.screwattack.com/Flash%20HTML/ANN/WiiSalute.html
*warning: bad language*

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 12th, 2006, 01:45 PM
i thought this was pretty good. here is a little history lesson:

http://www.screwattack.com/Flash%20HTML/ANN/WiiSalute.html
*warning: bad language*

That was great Darren. Having grown up in the Nintendo Sega war era I appreciated that. Now a days I get a lot of questions about consoles since word of mouth has gotten around I'm a "Tech Guy" just because I have you guys and I seemed knowledgable with PC's, HDTV's, etc etc but I never really kept up with consoles until my kids started asking for one.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 12th, 2006, 02:27 PM
hehehe...raise your rolling rock!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
never really been a console guy - but i think i want a 360 - i like the games avaliable - i really want to kick my GM's ass in Gears of War on Live...lol...

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 12th, 2006, 05:49 PM
LOL that was great. i actually saw someone today wearing and OLLLLLLDDDD Sega Genesis T-shirt. Andy, Diesel, and I have some memories of the Genesis while we waited on N64... lol I loved College

Crazy White Boy
December 25th, 2006, 08:52 PM
hey nox, hit me up jacobbibbyATgmail.com

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 26th, 2006, 08:25 AM
played the wii this weekend. The control system is great, but ack the graphics stink. Zelda looked like a bad version of the ocarina of time. :( And that was at 480p. /me cries

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 26th, 2006, 09:09 AM
played the wii this weekend. The control system is great, but ack the graphics stink. Zelda looked like a bad version of the ocarina of time. :( And that was at 480p. /me cries
But did you have fun?

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 26th, 2006, 09:41 AM
The fun was dampened by the graphics. :( It just seems like a lot of money just to play with a new control system. I liked Windwakers better.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 26th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Dirge is right. I finally got to play a Wii and I don't know if it was the games or what but I have played the Sonic and Gears of War games on my Xbox 360 and the graphics are far better than the Wii. I haven't played a PS3 yet, but I will say my BF2 is still the
best.

LA_MERC_Shadow
December 26th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Andy, Diesel, and I have some memories of the Genesis while we waited on N64... lol I loved College

I still have my Sega genesis console at the house. LOL. Found it while looking for xmas decorations. Loved that console during college.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==