PDA

View Full Version : It's not all Roses, but it's still Sweet!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 3rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Looks like:
National Champ. game - Ohio State vs. Florida
Rose Bowl - USC vs. Michigan
Sugar Bowl - LSU vs. Notre Dame

I'm pumped LSU gets to play in the sugar instead of the capital one bowl, but how the hell does Notre Dame get to play in the sugar? their SoS sucks and they aren't even in the top ten.

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 3rd, 2006, 07:06 PM
It's now official. It would've been great to play in the Rose bowl, but oh well.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 3rd, 2006, 08:05 PM
crap, I wanted an LSU vs USC game. The BCS is crap. How does USC rank above LSU. Their both 2 lose teams but LSU lost to top 10 ranked teams bot freakin Oregon state and UCLA. Politcs. The BCS is crap. and that's all I'm going to say about that.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 3rd, 2006, 08:05 PM
I think the Sugar Bowl will be a great place for LSU. Now all you southern boys can plan a little road trip and party CONDA style! (Someone pass that drunk bastard another hand-grenade!) I'll be looking forward to the new stories...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 3rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
the sugar bowl is already sold out, atleast LSU's alotment. has been since 11/20.

what is wrong with the damn bcs computers? they have usc ranked as 4th and LSU ranked as 5th. luckily the other poles play a small factor in the final bcs ranking to make LSU 4th overall.

would have been nice to see LSU beat the piss outa usc in their own house, but it will be nice to run up the score on the irish....oh around 49 - 3 would be sweet.

anyone know the last time 2 black quarterbacks played against each other for the national championship?

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
December 4th, 2006, 12:03 AM
LSU is going to destroy ND

Michigan is going to destroy USC

OU is going to handle Boise State

Ohio State is going to get by Florida

Texas A&M is going to romp Cal

and tu gets to play in the Alamo Bowl! :D

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 4th, 2006, 04:00 AM
florida in the championship game is retarded...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 4th, 2006, 08:41 AM
??? why is that? Michigan just played Ohio.... and lost. it's not like they played them at the begining of the year and the teams have matured since then, they just played them 2 weeks ago. Florida had a stronger schedule than Michigan too. Also, the 1 loss Florida had should not have happened anyway. it was 1 bad call by the officials that gave the ball back to Auburn on the 5 yard line at the end of the game and allowed them to win. If they would have called it a incomplete forward pass instead of a fumble, florida would have held onto the lead and won the game. That 1 play and bad call changed them from being undefeated to being 12-1 and having all kind of contraversy.

Michigan had their shot 2 weeks ago and lost. they need to stop being cry babies and suck it up that they had a chance to prove it and couldn't.

It's going to be a close game between florida and ohio. florida has a better defense than anyone ohio has seen all year. florida is going to have to rely on it's defense and special teams to win the game. Ohio is going to have to rely on it's kicking game to get them out of tight spots.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 4th, 2006, 08:47 AM
The BCS average is 1/3 computer ranking, 1/3 coaches poll, and 1/3 Harris poll. See the link
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/abcStory?page=bcsexplanation

The way they were talking yesterday morning I thought it would be Ohio St. vs. Mich, not Florida. Hopefully it will be a good game but I would have liked to see the rematch. I think some of the other bowls still have the old theory of certain league champions get in. I'm pretty sure I heard ESPN say that you had to be ranked in the top 12 to be eligible for a BCS bowl.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 4th, 2006, 08:49 AM
florida in the championship game is retarded...

Wholy **** Al. You've got to be kidding me. Florida is number 2 by a land slide. Look at Florida's schedule over the year and compare it to Michigan. No contest. Florida deserves to be there. To go 12-1 in the SEC when so many SEC teams are ranked in the top 12 is awesome. The crap is USC being in the Rose bowl. To have 2 loses to non ranked crap teams and still be in the BCS is total crap. The teams that got dumped on are Arkansas and Auburn. Yeah Michigam may have a good team but look at their schedule. Vanderbilt 4-8, Central Michigan 9-4 , Notre Dame 10-2 (Their other top 10 ranked team), Wisconsin (Decent at 11-1, but weak schedule too plus how does Wisconsin not have to play Ohio State and their in the same damn Conference HELLO. There is no Big ten east and West or North and South. Its the Big 10 and you don't play all your conference teams. If the conference is to big split it like the SEC and make a true conference championship, Come on!. Or you could be queer and do it like the PAC-10 (USC and others) and have no championship game at all, Minnesota 6-6 , Michigan State 4-8, Penn State 8-4, Iowa 6-6, Northwestern 4-8, Ball State 5-7 (Are you freakin kidding me), Indiana 5-7, Ohio State (The only true game for them all year @ 12-0 but mind you at a geam less becuase no true Championship game like the SEC HELLO AGAIN.). And don't even get me started on the USC bull****. That's insane. Someone is getting money from someone on that whole deal. You have 2 loses from 2 teams with a total of 9 loses both unranked and your in the lower top 10 of every other poll, AP, USA, and ESPN, but your still ranked 5th in teh BCS (CRAP). It should be LSU vs Michigan and then Louiville and Wisconsin. USC shouldn't even be in the BCS. The irony is I hope they beat Michigan so we don't have any shared title crap like we did teh year LSU won it and they said USC was a co-winner, CRAP CRAP CRAP. The only time the BCS works in when you only have 2 undefeated teams and everyone else has 2 or more loses. Like that's going to happen. Stupid retards, Damn it. I need to go get a drink.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 4th, 2006, 10:17 AM
I love that notre dame is ranked 11 and wake forest is ranked 14th and they are still playing in BCS bowls when 2 teams in the top 10 are left out (auburn and wisconson) usc should not be in the BCS since they have 2 losses both to unranked teams. yes auburn has 2 losses, but both are to ranked teams. (auburn and georgia)

even if florida wins and michigan wins, there's no way michigan can even try to claim co-champions. they played ohio and lost. it would look like:
michigan < Ohio
Ohio < Florida
therefore
michigan < florida

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 4th, 2006, 11:50 AM
It's not that USc is better than LSU, they won the PAC-10. By rule, the winner of the PAc-10 plays in the Rose Bowl if it is not in the national championship game. Once USC lost, the only hope for LSU in the Rose was Michigan going to the championship.

As for the Championship game, I really feel OSu will win by 10-17 points. I don't know if I'd say Florida's defense is better than what OSu has seen. Michigan has a pretty good defense. Withsdtanding special teams and turnovers (which Florida has been great at all year), I think OSU will keep the sofas from burning in Gainesville (or was that WVU?).

Sugar bowl will be great though. I just hope Beckwith & Daniels are fully healed, because Notre Dame has some horses on offense.

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 4th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Oh yeah... LMAO at the application of the transitive property of equality to college football. What's next? Aristotelian logic? weeee

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 4th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Horses always win
GEAUX SAINTS.. that is all

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 4th, 2006, 11:56 AM
the SEC is way over-rated USC, Michagan, and Ohio would beat any team from the SEC. SEC is has an inflated image in the south. We all know that any team from the WAC is a powerhouse....just look at their schedule...can you say TOUGH!!!!!!

(it's so easy stirring Andy up...lol)

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 4th, 2006, 12:30 PM
It's all very simple Robby:

M(o + d) - M(d)
------------------ Oh = f(w)
Oh(o)

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
December 4th, 2006, 12:31 PM
There is an easy fix to all of this, and keeping the BCS:

8 team tournament. BCS ranks teams still, top 8 in the BCS play in the tournament. If your not in the top 8, you dont play. Which means you better win your conference, or do like Michigan, and dont win your conf but only by just barely.

If you say this shouldnt happen because you shouldnt be able to win the national title if you didnt win your conference, then look at every other sporting playoff system in the nation. You can win the NCAA tournament in almost any other sport having not won your conference. Just so long as your good enough to get in.

After the playoffs, the other bowls stay the same and everyone makes money still plus some if your in the playoff system.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 4th, 2006, 01:04 PM
There is an easy fix to all of this, and keeping the BCS:

8 team tournament. BCS ranks teams still, top 8 in the BCS play in the tournament. If your not in the top 8, you dont play. Which means you better win your conference, or do like Michigan, and dont win your conf but only by just barely.

If you say this shouldnt happen because you shouldnt be able to win the national title if you didnt win your conference, then look at every other sporting playoff system in the nation. You can win the NCAA tournament in almost any other sport having not won your conference. Just so long as your good enough to get in.

After the playoffs, the other bowls stay the same and everyone makes money still plus some if your in the playoff system.

Ok. Now get it done Jason, you're in charge. :stick

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 4th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I think everyone would benefit from a playoff system. If you put in 8 teams...that means 3 weeks to play out the tourney...

than like WB said.....have the bowl games after that.

I think most people think about playoffs or bowl games, not both together.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 4th, 2006, 02:40 PM
The main reason for no playoffs has been that the schools wouldn't benefit from it like they do teh Bowl games PLUS they don't want to stress out the students, WTF. I'm all in favor of a playoff system. Make the bowls part of it but for god sake do something different. WHat we have now ain't workin.

FYI, Al, the SEC is THE ONLY CONFERENCE. The WAC is WAC, period.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 4th, 2006, 03:00 PM
they could always shorten the regular season by either axing 1 non-conference game or dropping the off-week to offset the extra 2 games a 8 team playoff would add.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 4th, 2006, 03:21 PM
When will you guys understand that reasoning will get you no where. The ranking system is the opposite of reason.

Oh yeah and it's based on opinion and we all know that opinions can be swayed and changed or just plain stupid. But everyone has an opinion.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 4th, 2006, 04:09 PM
There are a bunch of rules for BCS games. The bad thing is that not everyone HAS to vote which tends to create shifts. Hell, not that I like Michigan but they dropped in points and didn't even play a game.. haha

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 4th, 2006, 04:13 PM
FYI, Al, the SEC is THE ONLY CONFERENCE. The WAC is WAC, period.

I think when Al said "WAC", he was referring to We Are Canadian and not Western Athletic Conference

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 4th, 2006, 04:37 PM
LOL! ^

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 4th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Here's the guidelines the bowls go by:

No more than 2 teams from any conference can play in BCS bowls.

Rose Bowl
Pasadena, CA
Rose Bowl
January 1, 2007
BCS vs. BCS (Big 10 vs. Pac 10 if available)

Fiesta Bowl
Glendale, AZ
Glendale Stadium
January 1, 2007
BCS vs. BCS (Big 12 Champion to play here if available)

Orange Bowl
Miami, FL
Dolphins Stadium
January 2, 2007
BCS vs. BCS (ACC Champion to play here if available)

Sugar Bowl
New Orleans, LA
Louisiana Superdome
January 3, 2007
BCS vs. BCS (SEC Champion to play here if available)

BCS Championship Game
Glendale, AZ
Glendale Stadium
January 8, 2007
BCS No. 1 vs. BCS No. 2

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
December 4th, 2006, 06:43 PM
stress? I cant think of any more stressful time then a team in the NCAA Bball tourney...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==