PDA

View Full Version : Wait for it.......wait.........ok, read me....

Chi_Townz
November 30th, 2006, 07:03 PM
8 LCDs in 1: now THAT'S a monitor

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/pics/siemens_megamonitor.jpg

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2006/11/28/8_lcds_in_1_now.html

Just take a look at this thing! It's comprised of eight LCDs and was manufactured by Siemens, and apparently it's used for boring cr*ap like monitoring nuclear power facilities. Personally, I don't find power plant maintenance all that exciting, but it sure would be fun to hook this puppy up to a gaming rig and try some World of Warcraft BF2 out. I'm pretty sure the chances of anyone doing that are slim to none, unless some Homer Simpson-esque nuclear technician decides to bring in his Xbox 360 and get fired while having a lot of fun.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 1st, 2006, 07:45 AM
Well Chi I hate to burst your bubble, but I have a 61" DLP HDTV which looks like its slightly bigger than that and I regularly play BF2 on it when the wife and kids are away. Case in point the wife and kids will be out this Saturday and Saturday morning you'll see me playing and I'll be in my recliner with a cooler of beer at my side playing on my 61" DLP HDTV and 5.1 Optical surround sound turned up so loud that when Artillery is dropped my neighbors house shakes. WOOHOO!. Very cool monitor though. You do know that I'm typing right now on a 42" plasma TV HDTV monitor at work. I do mostly 3D CAD design work and I do it on a 42" plasma TV monitor (I think mainly becuase the President thinks its cool, and it is, and wants it displayed so that when people come out of the lobby they see me working on cool 3D models. Any way, that is a cool LCD display. Here's a pic of me at work on the Plasma monitor.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 1st, 2006, 07:50 AM
Crap forgot to attach pic. Here it is. Also, I'll take a pic of my 61" setup Saturday and post it here. Nothing like Dual 7900GTX cards on an ASUS A8N32 SLI mobo (True 32) with a 4800+ X2 CPU on a 61" DLP HDTV. My only complaint is BF2 doesn't have a wide screen display so it's kinda limited. But still at 61" its freakin killer.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 1st, 2006, 03:34 PM
Andy has no shame... Rub it in why dont you..:(

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 1st, 2006, 03:38 PM
can you imagine what meatspin would look like on that screen?:madcow:

Chi_Townz
December 1st, 2006, 04:15 PM
Andy has no shame... Rub it in why dont you..:(

I thought he liked me...

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM
Sure...you could have 10000 windows open across the bottom of the screen and still be able to read the label...but why WORK on the darn thing!? Games are what that was made for!

Chi_Townz
December 1st, 2006, 05:19 PM
rgr that!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==