PDA

View Full Version : The reason we play.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 29th, 2006, 07:26 AM
It starts out as a slow night. Just 3 of us logged into teamspeak. Myself, Goose, and Dragon. They are playing special forces and I've reloaded BF2 and have to redownload it (If someone has a way to make a CD with the special forces, Euro forces, and armored fury packs, please let me know). But while I'm downloading here comes the gang. Johncst logs in. Followed soon by Wetzny. Then more. In a short while we've got a band of brothers (some where around 8). We start off on a sniper only maps. Its fun for 2 minutes and we deciede its time to run with the big dogs. We all load up on the "Dead Meat" server. Right out of the gate we're wide open. We realize our team is loaded with nublets and we're carrying the bulk of the work load (what's new). Out squad team play is ipecable. We stick together, cap flags and run rampant. We soon realize its hard to win if our team is taking all the damn vehicles and being stupid with them. Or even worse letting the other team take our stuff. Wetzny and I had enough. If we can't get our stuff we'll get theirs. The map is Gulf of Oman. We're USMC. we decide to take the MEC chopper. That was forshadowing peeps. We were USMC taking the MEC chopper. With a little effort we do it. And for several minutes we use it effectivly on its own troops. We get shot down from time ti time, but its worth the steal to run around and create havoc with the MEC chopper as a Marine. I've mentioned we were Marine 3 times now to make the point. On our last run into the MEC base, David and I have to fight off a substantial little squad of guys who are apparently fed up with us taking their crap. But we're good and we manage to get the chopper and only take half damage before gettign air born. Here's the fun part. As I get the helo about 50 feet into the air, I catch a glimps of the Cobra off to the left on the MEC spawn. Instinctively if I'm in a MEC chopper and I see a Cobra (Fire). I turn the chopper head on to the Cobra. I yell at David, "We're damaged but take a shot". Like a good gunner, without hesitation "Missle's away" is his reply. She's running true too. I keep the nose on it to see the marvelous long distance shot hoping that it's not to far out of range for the missle. Negative. She was in range. A great shot too. Right square in the middle of the side, BOOM!!

LA_MERC_Wetzny Teamkills *^%$^
LA_MERC_Wetzny Teamkills @$$&&

LA_MERC_Andyconda "Ooops, cease fire, cease fire"
LA_MERC_Wetzny "Damn it Andy you retard"
LA_MERC_Andyconda "Doh, stupid brain"

I'm still laughing this morning about that. Also Diesel you would be proud. Someone has taken the torch from you. Last night on Sharqi Penninsula I spawn as MEC on the left spawn by the T-90. I grab a vodnick and Dragon loads up. I take off down the street and see my buddy Wetzny in the middle of the road needing a ride.

LA_MERC_Andyconda "Hey David, I'll pick you up HOLD DOWN E"
LA_MERC_Andyconda Teamkills LA_MERC_Wetzny
LA_MERC_Andyconda "Or Not"

emt736
November 29th, 2006, 07:50 AM
nice hehehe wish i could have stayed in game.
i have started back at just the basic driver for my vid card. see how it works out.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 29th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Yeah, it was great seeing you in game EMT. Now drop and give me 20 corporal for not saying sir yes sir to an officier but not a gentleman.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 29th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I failed to realize how inebriated I was last night. Not only did I waste our Cobra with a fine long distance shot, on our way back from healing at the Essex I’m sitting in the gunner seat watching the River flag go from white to MEC. Andy is lined up on a couple of APC’S and before he can say “ Why the **** aren’t you firing!” I say “Those are our guys…right?” BOOM!!! Shot down by the APC’S, I was a Marine in a MEC chopper and had forgotten whom to kill. Pure drunk-ass stupid. Then of course, we battle our way back to the Chopper pad and this time WE BOTH FORGET what ****ing side we’re on and I blast the Cobra with a sweet-ass twisting shot from way downtown. D’OH!

Good fun…

Oh and by the way we may have a few of the TgZ peeps over in the TS this Friday around 8:30pm CST to do some pubbing with us. Goose poked a little fun at Kramer and I invited the rest of them to play BF2 one night for old-times sake! Particularly since many of them are starting a NWN campaign soon. We’ll see who shows!

Wetz

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==