PDA

View Full Version : My Weekend Outlook, and Yours?

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 22nd, 2006, 09:29 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all, for those of you planning on traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday, safe travels!

We host Thanksgiving as such I plan on having many, many drinks, slipping below the “hard deck”, logging into TS and then proceed to immerse myself in an orgy of BF2. I believe I might pull this off, however there is a slight, tiny, chance that our extended family could drive my wife insane and then I would have to supervise other adults older than me, which would foil my plan. And result in even more alcohol consumption. I subscribe to the credo (if you have to have one) that Extended Family is vastly overrated. With mine, (mainly they are my wife’s) it a hodgepodge of different people, some are very, very old. Which carries the risk of soiled furniture, over use of perfume, and wigs askew. (I’ve witnessed all three!) Some are younger, and have the solution to every problem and foible imaginable. But cant seem to get off Dad’s payroll, and out of college or into a job for longer than six months.

Then there are my brothers in law. I have three, each are unique but share similar traits. The oldest is squared away and married, a professor at the University. However the other two absolutely cannot hold any liquor and generally create some type of embarrassing drunken outburst usually directed at their father. (Who incidentally hasn’t been married to their mother for more than 25 years, and won’t be within 250 miles of my home) Which will result in the usual, Kick/Ban by admin (me) until my teary-eyed mother-in-law begs me to let whichever of the two I’ve banished, for overt drunkenness, return and participate in the next family birthday/holiday. But both of the “boys” as my mother-in-law calls them (the youngest is 26, in his 6th year of college at his 5th college or Juco, a sophomore I think. And the middle one is 30, lives in his mother’s basement and fancies himself a professional fisherman, even though the only boat he owns is a 15-foot aluminum johnboat. He’s the best non-boating fisherman in the state of Kansas; just ask him) have hot girlfriends, which is nice. Both, other than their choice in men, appear to have their shi0t together and are out of college into real careers with a future.

Combine the above with a couple of old Matriarchs and their care givers, my 5 year old and a 10 week old, who only seems content when he’s being lugged around by his mother, and we have the makings of another outstanding family memory builder, sure to cause me to ask my mother for either a Valium or a Percocet. Whichever is best with crown on the rocks.

Have a good one, we will!:thanks4

Wetz

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 22nd, 2006, 09:37 AM
Just keep thinking of your happy place.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1m4vfkQiJM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1m4vfkQiJM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Chi_Townz
November 22nd, 2006, 10:05 AM
Wow Wetz.. your gonna have some fun this week..LOL

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 22nd, 2006, 11:55 AM
LMAO

We will be having the usual fixings.

But on Friday it is off to Disney World till Tuesday.
Part of the wife and I 10 yr Aniversary gift, wow 10 yrs of happiness on the 30th...lol

c you tards on the flip side
have a great Turkey Day. and may the god lord only allow soiling on leather products Wetz...lol

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 22nd, 2006, 12:20 PM
I'll be thinkin about you Wetz.

Probably going hunting in the morning, then dinner at my house at 1, then dinner at my parents house at 5. Friday is another hunting day and Sat. is the first day of deer season so I'll be hunting that one too. Thanksgiving is a pretty big hunting weekend around these parts.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 22nd, 2006, 01:20 PM
today I slept until 2, I work until midnight, I'll stay up all night tonight, and eat dinner tomorrow around 3, go to bed around 5 or 6 (my reason for staying up all night tonight - else i would never go to sleep that early), and I'm working 4AM until 10PM on friday :( and then 3 till midnight on saturday, and all day sunday...

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 22nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
I plan on eatin and sh!ttin... a lot

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 22nd, 2006, 01:56 PM
Same as Nutria...and some sleepin and drinkin too...

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 22nd, 2006, 02:36 PM
I'll be thinkin about you Wetz.

Probably going hunting in the morning, then dinner at my house at 1, then dinner at my parents house at 5. Friday is another hunting day and Sat. is the first day of deer season so I'll be hunting that one too. Thanksgiving is a pretty big hunting weekend around these parts.

*Drool*

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 22nd, 2006, 03:41 PM
David, man its sounds like you have the makings of your own National Lampoons Thaksgiving Vacation. Except you have a few more "Case's" to deal with..

Me, Im going to my Sisters I think.. I got to call my mom to make sure, after that its pretty much over with. Come back home and work in the woods or somthing. I still got Big plans for the back 5 acres :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==