PDA

View Full Version : New Deer Gun. Maybe I'll kill deer now.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 14th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Here I am sighting in my new toy. I bought an M4 from my brother-in-law who is an x marine gunnery seargent. It has the Bi-pod, 30 round clips (.223) 6 of them and a laser dot aim point scope. I put all 30 rounds in a 3 in circle at 100 yards in 12 seconds. He says outstanding for a civy. I love this gun. Hardly any recoil at all and holds a tight pattern at 100 yards.

Silent_Killer
November 14th, 2006, 11:50 PM
*DROOL*

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 15th, 2006, 05:10 AM
The reason you don't kill any deer is in the bottom left side of that picture. :stick

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 15th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Nice shot of the Coors light can.... You noob! Lemme guess you only had one? :drunk3

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 15th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Woops. You know, I'm going to have to plead ignorance on this whole thing. Had I known that typw of thing was frowned upon. Actually its usually a frosty mug of Killians but I ran out and was stealing from the old mans stash (Thanks Dad). He's the silver bullet fan. I'm more of an Irish Amber lager man myself. But hey it was free beer and it was Dad's .223 rounds we were blasting away. Parents are so cool. Thanks Dad. So I'm going to go ahead and assume I shouldn't post the pic of me riding my 4 wheeler after we got done shooting where I'm riding up on 2 wheels one handed with my coors light can in the other. Drunk Talent (Good stuff).

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 15th, 2006, 07:59 AM
My first thought after "Nice gun!" was "What the hell?" (referring to the beer, of course).

I'm a Killians fan myself but have found Smithwicks to be really good (the pub we eat at on Friday for lunch serves it in 16 or 20oz glasses...yum. Nothing like a good amber ale to make the day better!

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
November 15th, 2006, 08:03 AM
nice weapon andy...nothing like a nice placed .223 round kill shot. Go get em big boy.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 15th, 2006, 08:36 AM
All things considered, I’m contemplating rifle hunting for deer. When I had copious amounts of extra time, bow hunting was more enjoyable. My recent foray into the deer woods was less than that. The weather sucked, the moon was wrong and before I’d even left town for the cabin my wife was chirping, “when are you coming home?” WTF? “I’m not even out of the ****ING DRIVE WAY, Jesus.”

I saw a lot of deer moving, the does were all running for their lives and every buck I saw was to young to shoot! My brother shot a nice sized gobbler, and Mike shot a buck that was about 125, not a shooter but considering everything that went against us he’ll take it.

Basically I sat in various tree stands and ground blinds, looking at wildlife, doing my best to appease my spouse via the (****ing technology) cell phone, wondering if everything back at the office was getting done! So looking at that M4 makes me wonder if I hadn’t just strap on one of those bad- mamma-jamma’s and wander out to the farm and take a couple of antler-less deer off the market, and into my freezer. But damn bow hunting IS fun!

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 15th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Well, Killian's is made in Golden, so you didn't stray far from home.

Daedelus
November 15th, 2006, 12:24 PM
looks great the Gunny there knows how to put together a nice rifle. all the stuff i would have put on one but maybe only 28 rounds instead of the 30 sometimes filling them up to top 30 rounds makes the springs in the mag loose there spring. but i get the point to show how you got that much ammo down range so quick.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 15th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Three cheers for Golden Colorado. Hip Hip Hurray. Hip Hip Hurray. Hip Hip Hurray.

Old George was a true pioneer and caramelized malt makes the best beer. Amber Lager is great stuff.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 15th, 2006, 12:33 PM
but i get the point to show how you got that much ammo down range so quick.

LOL, Yeah they say semi automatic but if you pull fast enough. And actually 30 rounds in 12 seconds sounds blazing fast but it's probably not as fast as you think. It sure was fun though.

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 15th, 2006, 01:03 PM
drinking and shooting they go together like rice and gravy!!
next time we wanna see the target. :p:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 15th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I have the targets in my truck. I'll take pics and post them.

LA_MERC_johncst
November 15th, 2006, 03:00 PM
he can't hit a target un less she is 1/2 dress

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 15th, 2006, 07:23 PM
was this before or after the LSU Bama game?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==