PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) car!!! w00t!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Well, I just got home with my new (to me) car - actually I've been in the proccess of looking for about a month. I have to travel so much now, I just didn't trust the old toyota anymore with 200,000 it was really starting to scare me to make that trek to Charlotte at least once a month.

Anyway - I wound up narrowing it down to two - a 2004 Chevy Cavalier and a 2000 Olds Alero, and I actually wound up going with the '00 Olds. Yes it's the older car of the two, but the miliage was about the same and the Olds was really a MUCH nicer car - the Cavalier just looked, felt and drove cheap. The Olds had just about every factory option it could (except the moon roof which I could have cared less about) - I've never driven a car with so many gadgets and gizmo's before...sheese!

Funny story to go with it though - I had driven the pickup to get the car, so I had to leave it, go get my cousin David to go back and drive the truck to my house, and I was going to take him back. I get here, we get out, come in for a few minutes, go back, and I can't crank up the new car (after I'd just sit here and done all my insurance stuff online) - so I'm sitting there in my new (to me) car, that won't crank up (and now I don't have insurance on the truck because I'd JUST taken it off) thanking god I bought the damn warranty...lol. Mom finally looks down, and realizes I don't have the car in Park - I cut it off and left it in Drive. I'm so used to driving a freakin manual. Most automatics I've driven won't let you get the key if it isn't in Park, but this one apparantly will ('cause it did) so I'm gonna have to pay attention to that or I'm gonna park it somewhere and come back and it's gonna be rolled away!

LA_MERC_Maverick
November 8th, 2006, 07:01 AM
hahah, nice bro! grats on the new car!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 8th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Hey J-Row,

P = Park "Car Will crank"

R = Reverse "Car Will not crank"

OD = OverDrive "Car Will not crank"

D = Drive "Car Will not crank?

2 = 2nd gear "Car Will not crank"

L = 1st gear "Car Will not crank"

Print this script and post it in an easy to view area in your "New To You Car"

If you have anymore questions, call me :)

J/K, Congrats dude. :)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 8th, 2006, 10:52 PM
heh - thanks parker :) I think i've got it down pat now though :D
I just can't put into words how much I like this car - I'm really glad now I bought a car instead of another truck - after years of owning pickups, it is nice to have the comfort of a car. I test drove a 2001 GMC sonoma, but didn't take it because it was too similar to the 95 sonoma I used to drive - they really hadn't changed much, and I wanted something a lot different. The alero was on the same platform but with different "skin" as the chevy malibu and the pontiac grand am, and I really like the way it rides and handles.

Daedelus
November 11th, 2006, 08:41 PM
yeah used to be for years that Olds wher haha mostly for older people but the got a pretty good look now and the alero is a pretty good modle. i too had trucks for years and 1 sports car. but definatly love the ride and comfort in my 03' seville. it hard to get used to all the fetures (heated seats back up sensors and program that remebers you seat set up and radio stions; power stearing wheal tilt etc) dont think i could go back to a regular modle car anymore.. congrates on the new car..

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==