PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy a PS3?

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
October 27th, 2006, 09:02 AM
If you're not convinced yet, would this commercial (http://pspcave.com/ps3news/ps3news/how_weird_can_sony_commercials_get!/) help convince you to buy a PS3?

LA_MERC_Nutria
October 27th, 2006, 09:06 AM
ok WTF?? Is the doll/kid gryin because it overheated and shut down?

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
October 27th, 2006, 09:43 AM
or, the baby was sitting on a defective battery and it was burning him?

LA_MERC_Nutria
October 27th, 2006, 09:49 AM
haha this year will be the return of Nintendo

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
October 27th, 2006, 12:43 PM
yep. going to toysrus sunday morning to see if I can reserve a Wii. EB Games sold out of all their pre-orders within 30 minutes at all 10 locations around Baton Rouge. ToysRUs is the last place that will offer pre-orders and it starts this Sunday. they haven't let on how many they have availible for pre-ordering, but they said they don't expect availibility to last long.

I just have to decide if I want Red Steel or Zelda with it. they both look great.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 27th, 2006, 01:18 PM
What in the world were those idiots thinking?
With those kinds of ideas actually making the final cut, I could come up with a better idea than that, maybe I need to get into advertising?

That is just one creepy commercial. I sure as hell would not buy that console for my kid based on the fact that it makes a cyco toy baby start crying, then its eyes glow red.
And what’s up with the 2001 space odyssey with the PS3 being the Black obelisk.

LA_MERC_Onji
October 27th, 2006, 02:09 PM
sony really shot themselves in the foot this generation. My Wii is already preordered, and i'm counting the days until Nov 19! woot

Chi_Townz
October 28th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I hate console games…

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
October 28th, 2006, 09:49 PM
here's the full PS3 commercial (http://gonext.blogspot.com/2006/10/new-ps3-commercial-is-creepy.html) WTF are they thinking??? Onji's avatar would have been better than that crap.

Daedelus
November 6th, 2006, 09:47 PM
wow that better version gives you as little better idea that they are crazy haha. i heard they did not really get to do a good add. because microsort had actually gone out and bought all the advertising time on the tv. for gears of war game for the x-box 360. as some time of compittion thing,like hey make your new system there will be no air time for you to promote it lol.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 7th, 2006, 07:50 AM
That gears of war game does look pretty cool on Xbox 360 and they did an awesome commercial for it. I like the slow music with the infantry guy running. Someone find that commercial and post it. Now that's how you do a commercial. Have to give Microsoft props on that one. Man, I never thought I'd say that. But at least its on their console game and not a PC OS, hehehehehehehehehehe.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 7th, 2006, 07:53 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wcc-ERAEwA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wcc-ERAEwA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 9th, 2006, 11:10 AM
new PS3 commercial (http://www.ps3tube.net/2006/11/latest-ps3-commercial.html) looks a little better, but still....wtf? at least there's no possesed plastic baby.

the noxious
November 9th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I "used" to be a SOny Fan, but now I am losing all hopes in the PS3. Sony cannot get their stuff together.
I want an xbox360, for Lost Planet, Gears of War, and Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved.
and a Wii, for well....ZELDA!!!!

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 9th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 9th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I bought Nintendo 64 just so I could play Zelda. I did have a few other games but it was for Zelda. I've been thinking of getting Wii for Zelda, probably not though. I'm too cheap for $400.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 9th, 2006, 02:15 PM
$250 for the Wii + controller + nunchuck + wii sports
$50 for Zelda

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 9th, 2006, 04:14 PM
wii with a game will cost you $325 after taxes and $400 if you get a second controller, why would you not as it is more of a "party" or "come see this" thing.

No HDTV will ake the wii short lived, but it will be fun to play with friends and see if they can really take advantage of the controller. Only time will tell.

having played it at the Gamestop kiosk, the gamcube graphics were better, the controller was neat, the game was blah..Excite truck

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 9th, 2006, 07:39 PM
LOL Non-HD graphics will not make the Wii short lived. HD TV's have been out for how many years??? 7-8 roughly, and only a very small percentage of households have them. Just because a game isn't in HD, doesn't mean it sucks. The Wii is going after people who enjoy playing games, not people who want to be immersed in a virtual world with life like graphics. In the next 6 months, Wii will sell 10x the # of consoles than the PS3 no exaggeration.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 9th, 2006, 08:33 PM
ps3 is $599 with one controller, and NO games lol

gameplay > graphics

but yep, we shall see

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 10th, 2006, 06:39 AM
no Onji

good gamplay > good graphics :)
for $600 you also get a HDDVD(blue ray player)
not comparing apples to apples.

c.o. grandparents have HD, in 2008/9 will be the conversion of most, so yes 3-4 years like the Xbox is short lived, all consoles will be, just like video cards these days.

Do not get all nintendo crazy on me Berk, I just stated the wii is not cheap!! It has barely more power than the gamecube and they added a cool control mechanism and real online capability. But the gamecube was really short live and surpassed by xbox and ps2. So the question is will the teams be able to intergrate the controller to all its applications? And will it make up for it substandard graphics.

not everyone may have HD, but once you do it is hard to go back, as there is no comparison.

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 10th, 2006, 06:51 AM
PS and Xbox don't have Smash Brothers, Metroid or Zelda. I have already heard bad stories about the HD games in the new consoles. Some games you cant turn on or off the HD setting. If your TV doesnt have HD capabilities the picture is blurry and crappy. Also.. I dont care if my gaming console can play DVD or Blue rays... that is why they sell them seperate. One more thing.. when Gamecube came out how many complaints or crashes did you hear about?

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 10th, 2006, 08:26 AM
I am not nintendo bashing...I am a fan, I have a gamecube, xbox, and xbox360. I am not a sony fan at all, in the console business
BUT,
come over to my house and play Gears of War or madden on xbox360 in 56" 1080i, you vision will be perminately damaged... :)

It is no different then watching a football game on standard then HD, everytime you watch another game, you are like, wow this looks like crap. HD is coming to the masses and is/will be available to everyone very soon.

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 10th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Too bad my cable service only offers 5 HD stations.. CHARTER SUCKS

LA_MERC_Onji
November 10th, 2006, 08:35 AM
i heard gears of war is an amazing game. they are saying it will help sell 360's.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 10th, 2006, 08:41 AM
LOL

Like Onji said, Wii is not expensive. Wal-mart did a pre-order for a Wii bundle priced at $533. You got the console bundle, extra wiimote and nunchuck, 4 additional games and $20 in Wiibucks to download another 4 games. Total that's the console, 2 sets of controllers, 9 games for over 10% less than the ps3 (that has no games and 1 controller)

2009 is the cutoff for all broadcast to be in digital only, no analog anymore. This does not mean that all broadcast will be HD. also, everyone's non-digital TV's will not go dark on that day, cable companies will be providing converters to their customers that need it.

I usually couldn't give a crap less about consoles, but I'm pretty pumped about the Wii because it will be a lot of fun for my daughter and I to play.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 10th, 2006, 08:47 AM
GoW does look pretty sweet. so does Lost Planet. the 360 will still be selling strong for a long time.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 10th, 2006, 08:50 AM
i just cant get over that they are going to offer the entire back catalog of nintendo games on the virtual console, along with genesis and turbo graphics.

did you see the zelda fishing demo? haha its cool as hell
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4e2STU_wqGM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4e2STU_wqGM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 10th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Played Gears of War for the first time last night and it was tight, boss battles are cool and down right intense. the controls are good, but the graphics are sick, very much like a modern Doom. Blows away Halo..which in my opinion was just ok. Going to my friends house in Houston the weekend of Dec 9th, to check out the wii first hand, he will have every game lol, so i will report to ya'll then for any that you have not played it.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 10th, 2006, 09:06 AM
i get mine next sunday! yes!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 10th, 2006, 10:57 AM
both Best Buys by my house are getting 96 units each on launch day. between the 2, I should be able to get one on the 19th. crappy pre-orders and their selling out in so little time. Onji, you're 1 lucky sob. you hear about the Wal-mart online pre-sale? they sold 4000 consoles in 9 minutes. I'm just glad nintendo will have plenty of stock on hand for launch. something like 4.2 million consoles just for the US between now and end of year.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 10th, 2006, 02:06 PM
LOL at the line for the PS3 at the Japan launch today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsmtfg9uWtY

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 10th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Dammm,, I just dont see it.. Consoles I mean, I get enough game play on my PC... WTH do I need with a Console??

LA_MERC_Onji
November 10th, 2006, 03:48 PM
i know Yellow. I have been saying that for a long while myself. My last console was a N64. But there is just something about being able to kick back on your couch/recliner or whatever and chill while playing.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 10th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Consoles are for sports games while computers are for all other types, atleast for me. My last console was N64 too, my son will be 9 in Jan. so I''ll probably have to start buying consoles in the near future. So far the Nintendo DS has been enough, I just got him DS Lite this week.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==