PDA

View Full Version : emt736 Here please

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
October 19th, 2006, 04:10 PM
jayson post up your specs here, the more info the better and describe what happens or what your doing before you lock up.

Guys we have a nub in distress...help a brotha out if ya can.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 19th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Yea, hes been trying to play but I think hes been crashing a lot.. Well see what we can come up with.. :)

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
October 19th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Thats mah dog...good boy.SIT! STAY!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 19th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I fixed my Computer problem.... with a CHECK BOOK!! Good luck and this is the place to find help!

LA_MERC_Onji
October 19th, 2006, 06:43 PM
dont know any details yet, but if its locking hard where you cant move your mouse or anything. it could be heat related. take the side off of your case and see if its unusually hot, leave the side off and play again and see what happens.
this may or may not be your issue. need details :)

emt736
October 19th, 2006, 08:15 PM
hey all and ty for your help in advance and to those that have tried already.
i have a pentium 4 3.20 ghz, 1 gig of ram, a ati raideon 9200 vid card. windows xp and i dont know what else you might want to know. :( I can play on a server with the group for a few mins, but then my puter shuts down completely. I have been able to go solo in a sniper map for a few hours though. Jason

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
October 19th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I would say it is related to the 9200 series card.

You are talking about BF2 right?
I have an ATI Radeon 9250 and cannot play due to no driver support.....blah,blah,blah.

LA_MERC_Spark
October 19th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I have had SEVERAL problems with the ati driver package., but if I had to shoot from the hip I'd say RAM.... I had the same symptoms.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 19th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Well, In comparison, I am runing

2800 Amd Proccessor

1 Gb of ram

Gforce 6800 128 ram Vid card

and Wn XP Pro..

My system runs BF2 Fair.. and dont lock up... I have less Proccessor and the same RAM.

I Think its either a heat problem, or the VIDEO card... In a reagular map with a lot more going on his card is going to have to work harder. On a Sniper map your not moving around all that much, neither are the other players.
I dont think the card has to proccess as much info.

My guess is the CARD..

emt736
October 20th, 2006, 04:14 AM
I have had this same sort of problem with another game also. If it is the card I will have to wait but I will play as much as i can with you guys. :)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 20th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Do you have a Good Freind that would say... Let you borrow their card for a day... maybe somthing in the Nvidia products.. Install the card, if it runs fine then you would know for certain if thats the problem... If you still have the issue, it might be somthing else you can resolve W/O spending a lot of cash.

I've never messed with ATI, but, have you tried to update drivers, or reinstall them?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 20th, 2006, 08:13 AM
One more thing.. check the version of the drivers for your card, I found this on EA's FAQ.

The ATi Catalyst 5.5 drivers are known to be somewhat incompatible with Battlefield 2, the 5.6 drivers may be the same. If you experience issues with either of these driver revisions we recommend rolling back to the 5.1 drivers. ATi drivers can be found at www.ati.com.

If you have a Radeon 9200 AGP, make sure it is set to AGP x4 in the SmartGart part of the ATi control panel and is the version with 128MB of RAM otherwise it will not run.

emt736
October 23rd, 2006, 02:52 AM
trying the update first thank you yellowdog. btw i tried to cool the computer by doing the fan trick it still locks up.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 23rd, 2006, 08:28 AM
Probly not a heat issue.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==