PDA

View Full Version : BF2142 demo

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
October 3rd, 2006, 05:47 PM
so who all's going to download it and play tomorrow? maybe whoever grabs it can put it on the FTP site so everyone else can get it easier and faster.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 3rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
I got it and its cool. I'll play tomorrow with everyone. Get on team speak so we can pub together.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
October 3rd, 2006, 08:14 PM
I already pre-ordered it with EA.

Who is offering the demo this time? FilePlanet again?

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
October 3rd, 2006, 08:57 PM
Not sure. Just heard that EA is officially releasing some new large demo tomorrow.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 4th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Any word yet. I got it early through fileplanet as well.

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 4th, 2006, 07:40 AM
will d/l it tonight

LA_MERC_Onji
October 6th, 2006, 10:24 AM
gamespot has a 24hr exclusive on the demo, but of course it was leaked out. here are several mirrors to get the demo from:

http://download.games.tiscali.cz/game/downloadcz/demo0/bf2142_demo.zip
http://www.gamestar.hu/downloads.php3?op=visit&lid=5919
http://www.fz.se/filarkiv/?file=spel/battlefield2142/battlefield_2142_demo.exe
http://www.nofrag.com/fichiers/bf2142/demo/1262/
http://www.worthdownloading.com/download.php?gid=1825&id=8920
http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/demo/download_go-2052-825529.php
http://www.ibc-base.net/download.php?view.33

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 6th, 2006, 06:09 PM
d/l now

Chi_Townz
October 6th, 2006, 06:20 PM
rgr that

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 6th, 2006, 11:40 PM
downloading now

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 7th, 2006, 06:17 AM
ok game has had some nice improvements from Beta...this game is purty, and has some nice playability....reminds me of CS smooth.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 7th, 2006, 07:04 PM
OMFG it it tons better than the beta. The graphics are amazing. Someone get on TS so we can go pubing together.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
October 8th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Im d/l'ing it now. Is anyone going to be on tonight to play? Doesnt the full version come out on tuesday? If it is, I have it preordered, but Im going to be busy all day long and wont be able to play it, or even go pick it up.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 8th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Got it... Gonna need a little help with this one...LOL!

LA_MERC_johncst
October 8th, 2006, 06:20 PM
very nice had probl with dirX but got it and ready to play

LA_MERC_johncst
October 8th, 2006, 06:30 PM
can we get a 2142 added on ts

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 8th, 2006, 09:51 PM
When, where and how do we pick-up our BF2 name and use it for 2142? I registered, as instructed, but have'nt seen any information regarding how to use it for the new game.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 9th, 2006, 08:18 AM
When I installed the demo it asked for my BF2 name and I put it in and that's what I'm using. Not quite sure what your asking. 2142 is awesome though. I didn't think I would like the futuristic stuff but its pretty damn good. The Titan mode rounds are fun.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 9th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I want ot do some more tonight Monday Oct 9th at around 9 so someone let me kow if they can play.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
October 9th, 2006, 09:17 AM
ouch, read some reviews last night on the demo, was wondering if this would be something I'd like to pick up. couldn't find much positive, here's a couple I came across:

here (http://www.desinc.net/bf2142_review)
and
here (http://www.k-rad.hk/?p=138)

is it really that bad? or these people just pissed at EA?

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 9th, 2006, 09:27 AM
When I installed the demo it asked for my BF2 name and I put it in and that's what I'm using. Not quite sure what your asking. 2142 is awesome though. I didn't think I would like the futuristic stuff but its pretty damn good. The Titan mode rounds are fun.

I’m referring the BF2 veteran’s program name registration; I registered my nick. Now when the game comes out I will get a promotion, unlocks, and some other type of in game recognition. I didn’t see any of that at the demo registration screen.

Side note. Maybe the game will grow on me, but so far I'm not a big fan of 2142. It looks all one color, Gray.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 9th, 2006, 09:36 AM
You won't get the rank and unlock stuff until the real game comes out. No game will ever be perfect but I do like this one. Now if none of you do then I'm not getting it. I really only like playing on line with you guys whether its BF2 or solitare. That's one of teh reasons I quit playing Wow and CS just their was never anyone on. There always seems to be someone ready to play BF2 so if 2142 doesn't catch fire a little better I may not be buying it.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 9th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I bought the POS... LOL! Oh well what's fifty bucks...

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 9th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Yeah I am playing it as well Andy. I can not read the reviews but I have no idea what they are saying that is bad, the game is really nice, but I have not played it enough to find all those wonderful EA bugs as well.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 9th, 2006, 02:06 PM
There is something about BF2 that I love, can't explain it. Anyway I'm a team player and if 2142 is where we go I'm in. If not, no big deal. I'm with Andy, I play to game with the LA MERC members. If we started a chess club, I'd play. And all you guys who have'nt got in on the fun are missing a good time!

I'm not a really good player, I do my part. But it is a blast to squad up, find a server and watch our group dominate another clans server map after map for 3 or 4 straight hours. It won't end with 2142.

Get in the game.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 9th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah if enough of you nubs get it I'll most likely get it as well. Football ends in 3 more weeks so I'll be playing more soon.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
October 10th, 2006, 06:10 AM
So far I like what I've seen.

I especially like the walkers...

Abidabi and I have both pre-ordered it.

Chi_Townz
October 10th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I agree with Wetz...

I will be buying it.

I played the demo once, it was differant but the graphics were HOT!

But damn it takes a long time to kill the beast consoles from hell....(titan)

Oh yeh, the first time, i couldnt get off the ship fast enough, the second....I tried the parachute (9) like in BF2, but it was changed to the space bar.....

all I could think to myself was whay the hell isnt my keyboard responding....(as i continualy mash the 9 key down till I go splat)

Chi_Townz
October 10th, 2006, 12:25 PM
hey...what the hell happened to my sig??

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 10th, 2006, 01:41 PM
:dunno: looks like Wetz's lol

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
October 10th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I can feel your pain with the parachute key!

I too was mashing the button like crazy when trying to parachute to safety.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
October 11th, 2006, 06:42 AM
So can we get together tonight to play some 2142? I played this morning and I can't wait for my copy!

So how about it?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 11th, 2006, 07:52 AM
We played last night. Me, Toby, and John, played for about 30 minutes and tehn switched over to BF2. Now I love BF2 becuase of teh realism, but I wil say that 2142 even with its few little quarks here and there is nice. I know I'll but it like I did, special forces, armoured fury, and Europen what ever becuaseliek David said (and he said it best) I'd play chess if I knew you guys would be there. So Squad up and whether we're charging the beaches in 1942, killing Akmed in BF2, of firing lasers on the battle field of tomorrow I'm in if you guys are there. GO GO GO!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
October 11th, 2006, 08:32 AM
We played last night. Me, Toby, and John, played for about 30 minutes and tehn switched over to BF2. Now I love BF2 becuase of teh realism, but I wil say that 2142 even with its few little quarks here and there is nice. I know I'll but it like I did, special forces, armoured fury, and Europen what ever becuaseliek David said (and he said it best) I'd play chess if I knew you guys would be there. So Squad up and whether we're charging the beaches in 1942, killing Akmed in BF2, of firing lasers on the battle field of tomorrow I'm in if you guys are there. GO GO GO!

Just don't even look at his chopper/transport or you'll be dead.

I spawn 3 seconds after Andy and I hear
Andy "Don't even look like you are going to walk over here"
Andy starts firing at teamate across the deck of the carrier
Blackhawk spawns inbetween Andy and the guy with the chopper stealing look on his face
Andy walks to the side as to clear the view of the blackhawk while reloading
Toby "Andy, let him live"
Andy "He better be glad my wrist is limp"
Andy takes better aim and fires again
Andy Teamkills Would be chopper stealer

I don't think that guy had a chance, basically, I think he was pretty scared of Andy and was trying to get away. Needless to say, no one came near the chopper again and I think one guy jumped in but jumped out just as fast and ran away.

Chi_Townz
October 11th, 2006, 09:35 AM
*sharp intake of breath

Andy TKs... NO WAY!!!!!

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
October 11th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Chi Town,
You should have been around when BF2 first came out. O' those were the days! Blackhoring like nobody's business killing teammates because they didn't know they were sitting in our seats on the blackhawk...

...'snif'....tear..... Those were the days.

Well I still want to get some bf2142 in with you guys! I may have to work late tonight but I will jump on TS when I get home! :D

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==