PDA

View Full Version : Crazy day...

LA_MERC_Drax
June 20th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Well, the day started off normal(for work anyways), we were pulling out of the hole from drilling when we get to the bottom assembly and notice the last 30 feet is missing. The last 30 feet is where all of my tools are, and thats the most expensive part of the drillstring. I think the tool they got stuck out there is worth about a half a million dollars. I believe they're working on fishing it out, so they sent me in for a few days.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 20th, 2006, 05:02 PM
That sux the big rocks. What happens if they cannot "fish" it out?

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 20th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Dang man...do you have any idea how it got disconnected? Does that happen a lot?

LA_MERC_johncst
June 20th, 2006, 08:00 PM
tell them to shell out the duckes

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 20th, 2006, 08:37 PM
i klnow what you mean. My fiance's friend borrowed my tools about a month ago. I'm ready for that crap back. I know what you mean.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 20th, 2006, 08:39 PM
i klnow what you mean. My fiance's friend borrowed my tools about a month ago. I'm ready for that crap back. I know what you mean.

Tools... what tools?.... I aint got no tools...

LA_MERC_Spark
June 20th, 2006, 11:23 PM
U R a tool....lol :D

LA_MERC_Drax
June 21st, 2006, 02:05 AM
Well i MAYBE drunk, but i had a good time on company money tonight. .....Anyways, what we what stuck in the hole was one of ours best tools, its one of our newer technologies it shouldnt have done that...

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 21st, 2006, 06:27 AM
Well i MAYBE drunk, but i had a good time on company money tonight. .....Anyways, what we what stuck in the hole was one of ours best tools, its one of our newer technologies it shouldnt have done that...

sounds like a redesign is in order....lol

either that, or someone didnt' torque the tool properly. Maybe you should tell the driller that he is supposed to turn the drill string to the 'right'....not to the left.... :stick

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 21st, 2006, 07:54 AM

I was agreeing with the drunk part. The drill head or something contained inside? Just what exactly? I am just interested, my father-in-law runs a small drill rig for bentonite sampling. :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 21st, 2006, 08:11 AM
That's what you get for sticking something in the hole not knowing what you'll find in there...

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 21st, 2006, 08:15 AM
ouch........

LA_MERC_Drax
June 21st, 2006, 01:24 PM
The drill bit, a stabalizer, ontrak(thats my tool part) and a modular stabalizer(same as a another stabalizer, just has a ring for electrical current to pass through) got stuck in the hole. Kinda hard to explain, but im pretty sure it was something the rig crew did wrong....

LA_MERC_goose
June 21st, 2006, 01:28 PM
im pretty sure it was something the rig crew did wrong....

Ya think? The last man to touch it was ALWAYS the first to blame. lol

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 21st, 2006, 01:45 PM
Well I guess if you hook up the tool wrong and start shoving it into a hole, something is sure to get bound up.....

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 21st, 2006, 01:46 PM
The drill bit, a stabalizer, ontrak(thats my tool part) and a modular stabalizer(same as a another stabalizer, just has a ring for electrical current to pass through) got stuck in the hole. Kinda hard to explain, but im pretty sure it was something the rig crew did wrong....

Ontrak. So that sends all the info back to your comp to see how everything is going. Data readings and such?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==