PDA

View Full Version : JOBS

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 16th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Ok, My company is doing very well. Last month we had a 100,000 dollar day. Means we sold 100,000 dollars worht of stuff in one day. Any way as a result of doing exeptionally well over the last 2 years. TO the tune of I made a ton of money just in gain sharing, they understandable need more resources. Problem there is in lower Alabama good people for a proffesional career are hard to find, so they sent out a memo to all of us to see if we knew anyone to foot the bill in certain area, so I'm going to post here the positions they have available. Some are very good positions with high salaries, (but you'd have to be qualified), LOL. Any way. If anyone sees anything they're interested in let me know and I'll forward your info on to HR. By they way. I'm a helical screw air compressor design engineer for Quincy Compressor located in Bay Minette Alabama.

Value Stream Leader – Unit Assembly
 Responsible for the entire Value Stream from the supplier to the customer in the Unit and Assembly area.
Minimum requirements:
 BS Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
 Proficiency with Lean Manufacturing philosophy tools and methods
 Experience with KanBan and material replenishment tools, precision machining, assembly and production testing.
 Six Sigma Black Belt of Lean Black Belt certification a plus

Electrical Engineer
 This position performs a variety of technical tasks. These include but are not limited to the development of new products. These tasks also include designing and developing improvements to existing products. This position also will provide manufacturing and service support to troubleshoot or provide technical information for all products.
Minimum requirements:
 BS in Computer Engineering, with experience
 Software development background desired with 2- 4 years experience in software development
 Must have experience with Siemens S7 PLC
 A working knowledge of Field Bus, to include but not limited to, Modbus, Profibus, Devicenet, and Industrial Ethernet, is required for this position.
 Programming skills in Visual Basic, Visual C, Linux, and HTML would be a plus for this position.

Customer Service Technician
 Provides customer service to our distributors and customers as it relates to servicing of our products. Provide technical assistance and training (when needed) to our distributors, customers and in-house personnel.
Minimum requirements:
 Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related
 2 – 3 years experience preferred
 Good Analytical Skills

Rotary Product Marketing Manager
 Responsible for evaluating and monitoring all existing products that fall into his/her designated area of responsibility through close liaison with marketing, engineering, manufacturing, finance and sales. This position is a primary resource for market development, promotion and sales support for all Quincy rotary screw vacuum and rotary screw air compressors. The position reports directly to the Director of Marketing, Industrial
Minimum requirements:
 Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Management or related field required. Technical training on same or similar products as offered by manufacturer.

Air Systems Project Engineer
 Responsible for providing advanced level engineering and technical sales support to corporate account, distributor EQ, and air system clients to develop and implement energy savings turnkey compressed air projects on a timely basis.
Minimum requirements:
 Bachelors Degree in Engineering
 3 to 5 years in air systems and air auditing

Basic and Unit Assemblers
 Precision assembly of compressor and vacuum pump products to engineering specifications. Improve methods, procedures and quality in the Assembly area. Perform any and all production tasks in the Assembly area as deemed necessary by the Value Stream Leader or his representative.
Minimum requirements:
 High School Diploma or GED
 Good Mechanic Skills

Machine Operators
 Responsible for setting up and operating CNC machines to produce parts to Engineering specifications using blueprints, standard charts and other written instructions. Will use precision measuring instruments to check conformance to same.
Minimum requirements:
 High school diploma or GED, ability to read machining blueprints and precision measuring instruments. Good mechanical skills and knowledge of machining practices.
 Preferred Requirements: Knowledge of Fanuc controls.
 Will train candidates with aptitude and desire to learn CNC Machining.

Inventory Control Operative
 Responsibilities include material handling duties manually or with the use of a hand truck or power lift truck; makes inventory transactions to maintain inventory accuracy; completes requires paperwork.
Minimum requirements:
 High school diploma or GED
 Stand up forklift experience preferred
 Previous experience receiving, warehousing, or inventory control a plus.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 16th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Andy, I have a good friend that's an electircal engineer. He's looking for a job somewhere in hte south. (he's turned down jobs in alaska, hawaii, Cali, and a few other places, cause they are not in the south - I think you can understand that) mind if I send him your way?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 16th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Not at all. Send his info to me and I'll try to hook'em up.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 22nd, 2006, 01:06 PM
Electrical Engineer
 This position performs a variety of technical tasks. These include but are not limited to the development of new products. These tasks also include designing and developing improvements to existing products. This position also will provide manufacturing and service support to troubleshoot or provide technical information for all products.
Minimum requirements:
 BS in Computer Engineering, with experience
 Software development background desired with 2- 4 years experience in software development
 Must have experience with Siemens S7 PLC
 A working knowledge of Field Bus, to include but not limited to, Modbus, Profibus, Devicenet, and Industrial Ethernet, is required for this position.
 Programming skills in Visual Basic, Visual C, Linux, and HTML would be a plus for this position.

Is this Computer or Electrical Engineer? Are not they different. M I jus stoopit?

LA_MERC_BS
June 22nd, 2006, 02:28 PM
Hey I don't qualify for any of that **** lol.

Off Topic for a sec.. I got a pay raise a few days ago. Not that big of a deal you say? It's to the tune of $4.37 extra an hour. Thats kick daddy. Now I can easily try out the scuba diving thing now, and get the LAMERC road racing machine ready for next season.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 22nd, 2006, 03:14 PM
OK, hey Rook. The electrical engineering position here will involve computer programing and things such as PLC. So, its really an electrical engineer with good computer skills.

As for Jerry, congratulations on the pay rasie. Also, when you can go somewhere local and get certified. Then you can go with us and dive gear rental is on;y like 59 for the day. That includes, wetsuit, BC, Reg, octo, weights, and two tanks (aluminum 80's)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 22nd, 2006, 04:17 PM
Congrats BS and cool Andy. They have a certification diving thingy here. Diving in freshwater deep mountain lakes is spooky i hear. Dark and large things supposedly.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 22nd, 2006, 05:49 PM
That's an awsome pay raise BS! I don't qualify for anything either, hell I barely qualify to play games with you nubs.

LA_MERC_Drax
June 22nd, 2006, 06:36 PM
Wheres the job for the Chem E or process engineer at Andy?? I do good "supervision", or as most would call it sitting around and watching others work while pointing and saying few things.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 23rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
Sorry Justin, not much need for a Chem E in a machine manufacturing plant. We do use synthetic ISO lubricants but no real need for a chem E. Sorry. Now we're loaded with people that like to sit around and point and say things though, lol.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 23rd, 2006, 12:39 PM
So are we.

:roll

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 23rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
lol

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==