PDA

View Full Version : New Booster Pack - Armored Fury

LA_MERC_goose
June 6th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Looks like Battlefield 2: Armored Fury is available.

https://account.ea.com/commerce/product-info.jsp?ipath=15&locale=en_US&sls=2&site=eaco&prodid=BF2ARMOR&skin=bf2af&app=commerce

LA_MERC_Onji
June 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
who is all getting this today?

LA_MERC_Spark
June 6th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I may do it when i get home.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 6th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I will be on tonight with it O.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 6th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I just read the ign review of it...they really like it, there only complaint...the A-10 and other attack jets are devastating....OMFG Biggs will be more of a pain in the a$$...lol
:sad:
:)

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
June 6th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Hrrmmmm... I will see if I can sneak in an hour tonight.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 6th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I'm getting it when I get home. I loved the A-10 in DC and owned with it. Brent will have a fight getting the Warthog from me. Has anyone talked to Ivan about getting it on our server.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 6th, 2006, 01:12 PM
The problem with planes in BF2 is its total lack of realism. In reality a jet can attack an object form far away, but only other airborne targets. In order to attack ground targets radar towers and such need to be taken out. If they would add some radar implacements and make it to where A sites could lock on and fire at air targets from very long ranges then people like Brnet wouldn't own so much. He thrives on the fact that he can gun you on an AA site before you can even see him. He knows exactly where you at. All maps need a mobile linebacker (or two) or develop an air radar netwrok that unless taken out makes it extremely difficult to go to high alltitudes and hide. I did very well in DC becuase the AA was far superior and if you didn't map the earth you were shot down quick. Get low was the key in DC, get high is the word in BF2. That and in DC you had an AA kit. They need to develop an AA kit for BF2.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 6th, 2006, 01:18 PM
purchased, and currently downloading at home

LA_MERC_johncst
June 6th, 2006, 01:51 PM
getting it now

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 6th, 2006, 02:15 PM
WTF! It won't let me verify my BF2 account name so I can start downloading. It says, "Account name you have entered is in use. Please try another account name."

What does that mean?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 6th, 2006, 02:27 PM
My wife has a PTO meeting to go to tonight so I know I can play some and freakin EA haxes me and says I can't download the booster. I mean I'm trying to give them more money and they're telling me no, does that make sense?

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
June 6th, 2006, 03:22 PM
And I cannot even get to the damn page to buy the damn thing. Maybe it's an omen. LOL!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I just tried to get Armored Fury again to no avail. It's really starting to piss me off, I had problems last time trying to get EuroForces, all I want to do and pay my money and play.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 6th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Worked like a charm here and it kept me up until 2 this morning. Work will be hell tomorrow, but well worth it. I LOVE IT. Air power is not as bad as they say. Very nice maps. I mean very nice. My favorite part was suprisingly not the A-10, but rahter the kill I got by smashing an FAV on the highway headon with the big rig while laying on the horn, lol. He tried to miss me but I ran'em down, lol. It said I got a [truck] kill. Oh and the intro music to the road rage map is kick ass.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 7th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Downloaded last night, sounds like a we might enjoy this pack, looking forward to the new maps.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 7th, 2006, 07:22 AM
We must update our server to include these maps. They are bery fun. Layout is awesome in each one. The whirly bird is neat. The A-10 is awesome and the truck is hilrious. I'm looking forward to them tweaking this pack. It blows the doors off of Euro Pack. The detail and spacing is done right on these maps. I still Like Road Rage the best so far. Any other reviews. Was I the only one on playing last night. I saw Darren and Alan briefly but they both went to bed. I didn't get a chance to get on until 10:30 so I probably missed everyone, but wanted to get other reviews.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 7th, 2006, 07:32 AM
oh man you just missed me, yeah we got on filled up our server then me and Wyrm and John went to a AF server and owned em up...it was so nice to be in a chopper and not waorry about the stupid j-10's :p:
the attack planes and little birds are nice, the chineese little bird kinda blew, never got to fly a plane yet.

the coolest was on Harvest, some of the Tank battles across the fields, at one time there was 5 tanks with my LAV and a attack chopper hovering over us...I was like that is so cool, it looked like real footage of a modern battle.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 7th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Goose lets make sure Harvest and Road rage are in the server rotation...Ivan should have no problems since they are Tank's a plenty :)

LA_MERC_goose
June 7th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Well, Ivan has a good arguement to not loading the booster pack maps - they usually clear the server as soon as those maps come up. I know we're just getting to a point of keeping people on the server and throwing in new maps that require buying the booster pack may cause some people that may become or are regulars to go other places. Maybe after it's been out a while and people start saying "Hey, y'all need a few AF maps" then we'll see if it's feasible for the server.

LA_MERC_johncst
June 7th, 2006, 09:42 AM
AF kick a$$, just need time on it .Yes the big tank battles are cool.I did some flying in the little bird and the mec plane very very nice .Biggs BS, Andy will own.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 7th, 2006, 09:43 AM
well the same argumanet can be made in reverse, it should be what we want! If we populate the server, with 10ish members then it will not matter what is playing, it will be populated.
I populated the server so it would get going last night then went to AF, but when I get on at 8 and have a only few hours to play, I am going to go play on a server that has AF maps, as I have grown tired of the same maps, over and aver again. plus AF r0x0rz

I have the feeling all MERC's with the booster will feel somewhat the same way, based on the feedback I am getting.

LA_MERC_goose
June 7th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Well, feel free to contribute to the discussion.

http://www.texangirlz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24408

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 7th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I can not :(
i would, if i could, but there page is blocked for me

Biggs
June 7th, 2006, 11:45 AM
i say load it...i pracrticed my arse off getting used to the a10 on single player...load it

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 7th, 2006, 12:19 PM
I posted on the TgZ server and stated that I really like AF so we should at least load the maps on the server but not put them into rotation so that they don't come up unless we change the map specifically. I do think however AF will have a much better success than SF and EURO combined.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 7th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Hey, you guys play more than I do, I expect that with AF out I will play more as it freshened it up for me, but whatever ya'll think is best. Just like the switch-a-roo plug-in I do not like it and a good server should never need that. IMHO

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 7th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Hey go right to Ivan via PM and let him know what you think, I'm ready for new maps and weapons. I know you guys chip in $ and I do also, lets get the AF loaded and see what shakes out. Whats the purpose of paying if we can't play the maps we want to play? I know it's a fine line but hell if it's as good as people are saying lets do it.

Wetz

MrBill
June 7th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah--Played with some of you LA guys last night--had a blast. My own clan not playing BF2
too much [Kin]. They seem to be addicted to WoW.
Where do you guys play mostly? Look for Me MrBill[Kin]--Maybe I should join LA?

Yeah--intro music is great. The old BF2 music.

Also-I had great fun dropping C4 onto tanks from the small chopper. It could become a real
Art form if I don't blow myself up too much! :)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Good to have you around Bill. We play mainly on our server 70.86.74.28 (Hurricane Alley) which is a joint BF2 server between LA_MERC and Tgz. I plan on pushing the higher power to try armored fury for a while I think we could really get a good server going now that a decent booster pack has come out. I agree with Diesel. New weapons and maps are a must to keep a server fresh. It's the sole reason I think I played counter strike so long. New maps and weapons rock. Especially as sweet as these are. I mean, How can you not love mowing a guy down in BF2 with the Big Rig while an A-10 is trying to bomb you hauling ass down a highway. AF rocks. We need it on our server.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 7th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Ok I'm getting serious PO'd! I've tried again and gotten the same thing, account name already in use. So I go to EA's support page, read up on how to change my BF2 account to my EA account. Follow the link and confirm my EA account and, enter my BF2 account name on the next page and when I click OK it tells me that the page doesn't exist on this website. WTF PEOPLE YOU JUST SENT ME HERE TO FIX MY PROBLEM!!!

So I go to the Contact Us page so I can email my problem fill out this form thingy, type up my deal with everything in it so they should understand what I'm saying, click submit. It tells me that I didn't fill out the Account Name field. Well folks there isn't any damn account name field on the freaking form. Not to mention the fact that I can't even click on the submit button anymore, even if I found the account name field.

Maybe Satan is coming back and he's targeting me by not letting me get Armoured Fury. Or EA just sucks donkey balls and doesn't really care if you have a problem because they won't let you file a funking complaint!

LA_MERC_goose
June 7th, 2006, 06:20 PM
downloading the damn thing now - it may be tomorrow before it finishes though

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 8th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Man that sucke Ex you will love the tankage in this one.
Keep on the horn brotha!!
call them bastages, 3 way CFH as a translator to understand their Californese
:p

Now you are putting in your EA account name not your BF2 name right?

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 8th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Yeah--Played with some of you LA guys last night--had a blast. My own clan not playing BF2
too much [Kin]. They seem to be addicted to WoW.
Where do you guys play mostly? Look for Me MrBill[Kin]--Maybe I should join LA?

Yeah--intro music is great. The old BF2 music.

Also-I had great fun dropping C4 onto tanks from the small chopper. It could become a real
Art form if I don't blow myself up too much! :)

Hey MrBill I did not ralize that was you?
yeah stop in at our server or get in TS and join in with our group in some AF fun.
PM me if you have TS or would like the password for our voice com.

LA_MERC_goose
June 8th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Ok, I took the leap and man was it a belly flop! Biggs and I, along with 40+ other players were on the server last night - Biggs is hollaring for Operation Road Rage - kewl, I'll take 30 seconds and load it next map, done. I gave a warning that the next map was an Amored Fury map - and at map change ME AND BIGGS WERE THE ONLY TWO FREAKING PEOPLE ON THE DAMN SERVER FOR 10 FREAKING MINUTES! Experiment complete - unless there are 10 server regulars / clans members on the server, and in Team Speak and every damn one of them agrees to play a AF map, I'm not changing the map - it took almost 30 minutes to get the server back to playing mode after making one map change - that's not kewl.

LA_MERC_johncst
June 8th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Well take a pole see who has it and will play it then make one night a AF night each week.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 8th, 2006, 08:32 AM
WTF do we only have losers on our server...why would leave unless they did not have it...LMAO

oh well there are many servers out there to play on.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 8th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Actually ya know it makes perfect sense after I thought about it....because all the people who have AF are already on AF maps, so anyne that does not is on the servers that do not..... so yeah F it keep the regulars on until AF proves it's worth. We can just go to other servers, hopefully one day we can remove this seperatist bull sh:t that BF2 creates.

LA_MERC_goose
June 8th, 2006, 09:04 AM
hopefully one day we can remove this seperatist bull sh:t that BF2 creates.
You are a wierd and twisted little man.
:peek:

LA_MERC_BS
June 8th, 2006, 03:44 PM
The new Helo is tha fashizzle. I was gunning attack choppers out of the sky like they were all privates. The thing is thin skinned, but omg the machine guns on that damn thing are awesome. I think I over heard Spark talk about his ownage in the old helo's in Vietnam. Spark you really need to try this one. I was handing out so many ass whoppings last night in that thing, I started making everyone take a number.

I jetted a few times. Didn't care for them very much. I didn't like how slow they were. Doesn't matter, I have to new chopper now. Me things I'll be playing this full time now.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
June 9th, 2006, 07:07 AM
I can't wait to jump in a little bird! I should get home from San Antonio on Sunday. Though I will probably be working late Mon and Tues.

Daedelus
June 9th, 2006, 08:30 AM
sounds fun i was waitting for you guys to get this and let me know how it was passed on the other Euro forces. fell they should give us this stuff free and that it will be worn out after a few months and no one will play them but if AF is good i might give it a shot.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Ok I may have found my F up. I think when I got EuroForce I used my AIM name so I have an account with EA under that name. After I put that in I don't know my password so I click to have it sent to me. Trick is it sent that email to my old email addy, which was by a company that now no longer exists. How in the hell do I get this password? Keep trying likely ones or what?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 16th, 2006, 10:35 AM
HOLY SNIKES! By sheer luck, or stupidity, I figured out my password and am downloading AF.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 16th, 2006, 10:36 AM
woot

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 16th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I think I'm the token idiot of our group.

Onji definately knows that, prolly even Toby.

LA_MERC_johncst
June 16th, 2006, 11:45 AM
did you get AF now

LA_MERC_johncst
June 16th, 2006, 12:20 PM
if you have AF i want AF on the server tonight late if we have to .

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 16th, 2006, 12:51 PM
LMFAO...Chuck...You can do it!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==