PDA

View Full Version : The Bucket, the broom, the trash can, and the pointless pen

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 20th, 2006, 12:28 PM
The Bucket, the broom, the trash can, and the pointless pen.

A wise man once told a very young boy that as he grew older he would understand the meaning of life, however as the boy grew older, he still remained confused.

So one cold and rainy night the young boy who was much older went to the wise mans house to ask him. What is the meaning of life, as he still did not know?

The wise man told him of a water faucet that was dripping water into a bucket. However the bucket had a hole in the bottom. This kept the bucket from ever holding any water.

The wise man then told him of a broom in the corner that was never used. He asked the young boy who was now very old, to get the broom from the corner and sweep the dirt floor of his old shack. The boy, now very old, said to the old wise man. The broom was useless as it had no bristles left and would not sweep a dirt floor clean, as the floor was made of dirt.

The old wise man then told the boy, about the trash can in the corner. The boy said to the almost dead wise man. What trash can, all I see is the bottom of a can. The old wise man, said to the boy yes that is all there is of my trash can, as it is useless without any sides.

Then the old wise man, told the boy, to get him his pointless pen from his table and a sheet of paper to write on. The boy who was growing tired of this old wise mans pointless, points. Got the pointless pen and paper and gave it to the wise man. The wise man tried to write down the meaning of life on the paper however he could not, as the pen was pointless.

The young boy, now very old, then realized what the old wise man was trying to tell him.

Do not try to figure out the meaning of life, as it is pointless, such as the bucket with a hole, the broom with no bristles, the trash can with no sides, and the pointless pen.

I hope you can now say to yourself, "that was 2 minutes of my life I will never get back”.

TruckGuy
June 10th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I see your "pointless" posts haven't changed much since the last time I was here.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
June 11th, 2006, 05:57 AM
LOL @ Truckguy!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 12th, 2006, 11:22 AM
'Dog is chasin' his tail again......

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 12th, 2006, 11:38 AM
God damnit!!
That was so bad I erased it from my memory and read the damn thing again and now have wasted 4 minutes of my life...
:stick
no one else is allowed to reply to this thread :p:

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 12th, 2006, 02:44 PM
God damnit!!
That was so bad I erased it from my memory and read the damn thing again and now have wasted 4 minutes of my life...

LMAO!!! I know... its such a bad story that you cant help but read it.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
June 12th, 2006, 04:01 PM
God damnit!!

LMAO! You know, Dr. Pepper through the nose is not a very good feeling.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==