PDA

View Full Version : Gold Badges

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 18th, 2006, 01:18 PM
As I see it there are 30 possible gold badges. We need to make a top 10 gold badges club and list them.

Jerry 18 (The King of Gold)
Chuck 8
Andy 6
Biggs 5
Toby 5
Alan 5
Mike 2 (Never plays anymore so 2 will probably be all he ever gets)
Darren 1
John 1 (The new contender)

I don't think anyone else has any. Chime in if you do.

LA_MERC_goose
April 18th, 2006, 01:45 PM
If I can get 18 knife kills and 37 explosive kills in a round I'll be good to go. My kits are all below 60 hours each, medic at 25 hours, so it will be a while before I get any of those golds. Can we get a 'help a brotha out' night one day this week?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 18th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Hey Goose. I need my 37 kills exp as well. I'm going to do it on the pistol and knives GAW server. I get 50+ kills every round as they last for ever with everyone using pistols and the easiest way is to be a sniper and claymore the place. One guy last night got 72 kills with claymores in one round. I'll give you the IP tonight when I get home.

Biggs
April 18th, 2006, 02:31 PM
bah.....im only gonna play engi so count me out :)

Biggs
April 18th, 2006, 02:32 PM
maybe we should make a 525 gold medals club.....oh the view is so nice from up here....heheheh

LA_MERC_johncst
April 18th, 2006, 03:24 PM
how dose that song go. I'm comming up I will be there soon

LA_MERC_BS
April 18th, 2006, 04:07 PM
We counting special forces badges too?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 19th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Jerry, count buddy. Yes 30 badges means we count special forces badges too.

I updated the count. I now have 5 with the newly aquired golda pistols expert badge I just recieved. Woohoo!

LA_MERC_BS
April 19th, 2006, 08:59 AM
OH it so gona be chicken bone when I get home this evening.

LA_MERC_goose
April 19th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Hollar at me Jerry, I get off at 4 your time and should be ready to play by 4:30 - I've got nothing to do really until 10

BRING IT ON, DAMN IT!

LA_MERC_BS
April 19th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Goose I wont be able to fire it up till 5:30 my time.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 19th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I need a little over 100 kills with a pistol to get my pistol gold, and I have enough kills with C4 to get the explosive ordanance gold but I'm still working on the vet for that. Let me know the ip to that knife and pistol only server so I can get caught up.

Those are the two closest for me except for the gold engi in Special Forces. Just over 50 hours in Medic and Spec Ops so it will be a while for those.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 19th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Andy all you need for the gold commander badge is to be a commander for 30 minutes in a round, so find a server that says high points and you should be able to get it.

LA_MERC_goose
April 20th, 2006, 07:05 AM
He got it last night - we were on a 16 man server playing 64 man Karkan 24/7. Besides all the asshats that kept complaining about the armor, it was pretty fun.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 20th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Yeah they were *****ing up a storm at me and Goose and later on Yellowdog. It was good though as I got my expert command badge. Yeap, that's right. I now have 6 gold badges. I'll up date the first post on this threrad to show my dominance. At least before Jerry racks up all the ones he's able to.

LA_MERC_BS
April 22nd, 2006, 02:58 PM
I DEMAND A RECOUNT !!!!!

I suspect foul play.... Sorry Andy it was a challange.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 22nd, 2006, 08:07 PM
Someone has been busy. GAME ON!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 23rd, 2006, 12:04 AM
Got gold pistol tonight. Kinda comical since I had no sound and my commander was a total nub we almost never had UAV. I'm only eligible for a couple more, SF engi, repair, explosive ordanance. Haven't been keeping up my hours like you nubs. Still gives me something to shoot for considering I have over 150 pistols kills in 8 rounds today I guess anything is possible.

Good lord, I just relized I also put up 5 gold medals and 1 bronze in those pistol rounds since that's all I've played today.

Got my vet explosive ordanance using claymores in the same pistol/knife server. Got kicked on the second round though, guess when the server message says no clays it means no clays. LMAO!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 23rd, 2006, 12:58 AM
Just checked out Sgt_Maxpower on the BFHQ Leaderboard and he has gold badges for everything and every medal except the new European Union one. That's how I want to be. Ofcourse it will take me another 3 years to accomplish that feat it would still be pretty cool to brag about.

Oh yeah I got gold when I did my claymore round because I was the commander too.

Woohoo! Thanks to whoever found these pistols servers, they deserve a medal because it has allowed me to get a few awards and have a lot of fun at the same time.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
April 23rd, 2006, 01:06 AM
StAt *****s!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 23rd, 2006, 01:25 AM
StAt *****s!

LOL, Don't hate us becasue we're beautiful

LA_MERC_BS
April 24th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Someone has been busy. GAME ON!

Dude I worked my ass off friday night getting those badges. I don't know how I'm going to get the expert heal thing. The best I've ever done is 11 heal points in one round. I need 25 for expert. Expert explosive ordinance badge should be easy now that the claymores are the way theyare now. I need 50 more pistol kills before I can get that one and a thousand commander points for expert. Not going to get that one for a while. But in all fairness, I do have almost 750 hours of play. Thats helps a little bit on the gold badges. If someone see's a life laying around, pick it up for me. I lost mine somewhere.

LA_MERC_goose
April 24th, 2006, 09:03 AM
I don't know how I'm going to get the expert heal thing. The best I've ever done is 11 heal points in one round. I need 25 for expert.

Find one of those knife and pistol servers and start throwing bags - I had over 100 team points the other night and all I did was throw heal packs and shock the dead bodies

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 24th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Or set yourself up with a 20 or 32 man server playing 64 man maps. That gives you plenty of time to get the points. Join a squad and follow them everywhere throwing packs at them.

I need to get my 25 repair points. Anyone want to be my teams' worst enemy? Meaning blow up all my commanders stuff so I can get lots of points without moving too far.

Do it.

Do it.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 24th, 2006, 07:31 PM
OMFG! I played on this pistol server, where they don't enforce the rules much, trying to get my gold explosive ordanance. So it's on 64 man Dragon Valley, why I have no freakin clue, so I'm dropping claymores like it's nobodies business. I got in with the low 200 tickets for both sides. So I'm doing OK, best theory seemed to be go to a CP enemies where trying to cap run threw the cap zone and drop 2 claymores before they shoot me. I would get 2 or more kills most of the time I did it, couple of times I got three in 1 claymore. If I spread them a little I could get 2 to 5 kills with just 2 claymores, not too shabby. So the round is ending and I see I'm pretty close. Naturally I had trouble finding enemies or they wouldn't set them off.

So at round end I had 41 kills, 35 claymore kills and 6 pistol whips. Talk about PO'ed! If I would have been in the game 5 minutes sooner I would have gotten it. It's a conspiracy!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 25th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Hey X I need the 25 repairs and 37 explosives so when you're ready let me know and we'll find a server and take turns. I'll blow up the commander stuff and let you repir at will and then we'll switch it up.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 25th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Roger that Andy, I had BS do it on our server for my Vet repair. Sucks because this pistol server allows clays/c4 too so it's legal and the rounds are long enough. Might be able to do it there.

IP - 72.36.255.115

LA_MERC_BS
April 28th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Find one of those knife and pistol servers and start throwing bags - I had over 100 team points the other night and all I did was throw heal packs and shock the dead bodies

Took your advise Goose. Put me down for a gold pistol badge and a gold medic heal badge. Saturday I should have my gold Special forces Spec op and Anti tank.

LA_MERC_Diesel
April 28th, 2006, 12:10 PM
not with what Andy has planned for ya :)

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 28th, 2006, 02:38 PM
I see Andy updates the first post when he gets another Gold but not for anyone else.

That's a team player right there.

Freakin hax

;)

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 8th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Alright Andy you can update me to 4 golds now. After 4 attempts I finally got my gold engi in SF. Probably should have tried for my repair gold too because it was an 18 man server playing 64 man maps. Might give it a go in a bit, wife has jury duty so I can play for a few more hours today.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 8th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Biggs needs 25 kills in a round to get his Aviator Medal, already has 10k plus kills and over 200 hours.

Major congrats Brent, that's one I won't see if a play for the next 5 years. Hell I probably won't get many medals anyway, Armor maybe but i still need like 180 hours.

LA_MERC_goose
May 24th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Alright, goose has two now - thanks in part to the patch. :D

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 24th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Gold count updated. Damn Jerry has been busy.

LA_MERC_BS
May 24th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Nah, It's just that you guys have lives. I have BF2 and a motorcycle.

****UPDATE*****

The LA_MERC_BS is now standing up walking wheelies. Since the internet was down, I decided to go work on standing up. I need to tweek on it a little more, but its an official stand up wheelie. Right now i'm up to about a half a mile standing.

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 24th, 2006, 10:00 AM
That's an impressive feat with the torso you have. :stick

Biggs
May 24th, 2006, 11:14 AM
crazy bastage

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 24th, 2006, 11:26 AM
anyone have an update to the modified list of awards?

LA_MERC_Onji
May 24th, 2006, 12:37 PM
anyone have an update to the modified list of awards?

not sure, but bf2s.com updated all of the requirements. I have alot more things on my shopping list now.

LA_MERC_goose
May 24th, 2006, 12:51 PM
That makes two of us!

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 24th, 2006, 12:52 PM
wow sweet thanks O, we have some obtainable medals now...

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
May 24th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Did I mention yet that I have NO gold badges! Just would like to update the list.:)

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 25th, 2006, 06:57 AM
/me hands rook an old tarnished tin sheriff badge...ware that in CS :p:

LA_MERC_BS
May 25th, 2006, 08:46 AM
That's an impressive feat with the torso you have. :stick

Man I do have a screwed up body. I'm 6'00" with 30 inch legs. What kind of crap is that? I got Rooked. Andy is a foot taller than me when we are standing side by side. If we are sitting in the truck, I am a foot taller than him.

LA_MERC_johncst
May 25th, 2006, 09:39 AM
man I didn't think you could stack sh** that high

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 25th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Man I do have a screwed up body. I'm 6'00" with 30 inch legs. What kind of crap is that? I got Rooked. Andy is a foot taller than me when we are standing side by side. If we are sitting in the truck, I am a foot taller than him.

6'3" here and i also have a 30" inseam
my brother is 6'10" and has a 35" inseam

LA_MERC_goose
May 25th, 2006, 10:18 AM
I'm 5' 11" with a 30 inseam - you guys are scaring me

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
May 25th, 2006, 10:50 AM
/me hands rook an old tarnished tin sheriff badge...ware that in CS :p:

/me thanks Diesel and promises to wear it with great pride.

LA_MERC_BS
May 26th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Put me down for another one. Gold aviator.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 28th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Damn you Jerry, slow down.

LA_MERC_Shadow
May 28th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I actually have one- pistol

LA_MERC_goose
May 28th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Make goose a three-peat. (Got air defense)

Biggs
May 28th, 2006, 10:26 PM
i gots somes pilot gold and another badge or something...mig29 bi0tchea

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 29th, 2006, 10:09 AM
I got Vet Air Defense and Helicopter just before the match Saturday in the same round. If I would have stayed in AA I would have the Gold now. Still have stuff to shoot for now though and that makes the game that much more fun.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 30th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Still have stuff to shoot for now though and that makes the game that much more fun.

Very True, out for a year now and just as fun as day one.

LA_MERC_goose
May 30th, 2006, 05:01 PM
WOOHOO!! Expert Ground Defense

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 1st, 2006, 05:40 AM
Expert Ground Defense, still working on Expert Air Defense.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 1st, 2006, 07:29 AM
Expert Air Defense

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 1st, 2006, 09:11 AM
commander hax!!

LA_MERC_goose
June 1st, 2006, 09:18 AM
HEY! I got half my kills the real way. lol I had an AA vehicle and was shooting the little bastards trying to blow up my arty and stuff for my air defense - which was actually ground defense. I got a chopper with the mounted machine gun on Sharqi and several people trying to capture the TV station with a tow and a few with the same mounted machine gun before I arttied their punk asses for the rest. :D Don't hate the player, hate the game!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 1st, 2006, 04:23 PM
For the Ground Defense there was definately some commander hax on my part. Ok it was mostly commander hax but I did get a couple TOW kills as this nub kept trying to go steal our tank. Air Defense I got pretty much on my pwn, gotta luv the Tugunska on Ghost Town biotches. I only needed like 3 kills from arty.

So I am still able to get 2 expert badges, repair and explosive ordanance. Those may take some help though, or a hellishly long map.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 1st, 2006, 04:49 PM
In case no one noticed BS is way ahead in the race for Gold. He has even been sneaking over to put in some serious SF time and is working towards Tatical Support Weaponry, Grapping Hook, and Zip Line Gold.

LA_MERC_BS
June 19th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Taddle tail !!!!!! Yes it's true, I have been putting more effort into SF. I have actually grown to like SF more than regular BF2. In SF your a fool to get into a vehicle. I have mastered the art of roof top zip line C4ing. It reminds me of Counter Strike but 20 times better.

Put me down for 18 golds now.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 19th, 2006, 11:55 AM
A fool to get in a vehical? Ok Cheech. Helicopters are the pwnage in SF and I can still tank like a mofo most of the time as well. I like SF a lot too I'm not sure why people don't like it.

I got Gold Spec Ops and I'm trying for gold in SF.

LA_MERC_goose
June 19th, 2006, 12:04 PM
I'll have gold commander tonight. woooohooooo!

Trying for gold spec ops in both - fun stuff.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 19th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Bah! Your getting more and more like BS playing your life away! I see your flying up the ranks with like 500 hours of play time, you should be up for another Good Conduct award too. I still need like 1500 points for Gold commander. Double your efforts for Gold Spec Ops and be the commander/fighter, that's how I got it.

LA_MERC_BS
June 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Not to mention the C4 4 wheeler of death. I had a guy so pissed off the other night that he was begging for an admin. He couldn't get on the street good with that tank before I came flying up to him in a 4wheeler packed with C4.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 19th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Dude the 4 wheeler rocks! It's almost hard to control that thing it's so fast, I can jump off like 50 meters from a target take a drink of my beer then click to blow the C4. It's awsome. If there is someone who is C4 crazy, like me and apparently BS, getting in a vehical is suicide. Usually not a problem but sometimes it is.

What is this zipline C4ing you speak of BS? I need to know that secret to bring my C4 game to another level.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 20th, 2006, 07:06 PM
LOL C4 strikes again! I C4ed this guy 7 times in 1 round while he was trying to get his tank whorin on. X said, "Oh Hell no he dint!" BOOM! Car bombalypse.

Gold Spec Ops SF, couple more gold and I can get my mouth jewelry.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 21st, 2006, 06:41 AM
ya Grillz?!?!

LA_MERC_BS
June 21st, 2006, 02:28 PM
Ex, I hang out on the roof tops and wait for the tank. I wait for it to pass me, then I shoot my line in front of him to the side of the tank. by the time I slide in Im right next to him. Pack him down, and run. I can blow him before he even knows what hit him.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 21st, 2006, 05:20 PM
Ok so you can't drop the C4 while you zipline past him though, you just bail and land next to him and he goes boom. I thought you could do it while sliding by him that would be awsome. Still that's a tatic I may utilize cause I lub da C4.

LA_MERC_goose
June 23rd, 2006, 08:16 AM
Ok BS I need you to share a few nub servers with me, please. I have 8 experts i need to get.
Expert Engineeer Combat (BF2 and SF), expert sniper (SF), expert spec ops (BF2 and SF), expert commander, expert explosives and expert engineer (20 repair points) For the life of me I can not get a server to run a map more than 20 minutes! I need 30 minutes as commander for that one but I can not get the servers to cooperate with me.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 23rd, 2006, 09:40 AM
Goose you nub! Find a server that is 16 or 20 slots but plays the 64 player map so the rounds are really long. Usually they have something like HIGH POINTS in the server name. Works for both BF2 and SF, also pistol knife servers are usually setup that way.

Best of luck getting the explosive ordanance gold, I've gotten close a few times but can't quite make it.

LA_MERC_johncst
June 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM
got my gold knife last night on an all knife server I had 63 kill took a long tine for the map to end. Now I am in the club

LA_MERC_BS
June 26th, 2006, 09:40 AM
COngrats man, and welcome to the club.

LA_MERC_BS
January 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Bought time for a recount.

LA_MERC_goose
January 10th, 2007, 09:24 AM
OMG! BS, I just watched the short movie in your sig - those were some sick looking high sides. I hollared, 'TURN LOOSE OF THE DAMN BIKE!' about four times.

I'm up to 7 golds.

LA_MERC_BS
January 10th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah Rossi is at such a high skill level, when that dude wrecks, it's usually bad. Heres one for you.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRzwOQNdCsA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRzwOQNdCsA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Chi_Townz
January 10th, 2007, 05:42 PM
its lonley at the bottom...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==