PDA

View Full Version : Pistol & Knife Servers

LA_MERC_johncst
April 18th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Ok this weekend I played on pistol @ knife servers and founnd out to be rewarding .
I got my vertern sniper,soupport and my basic explosive bagges .
Some of the servers let us use claymoors and sone are more strick too use just pistols @knife. Let me know what you think.

LA_MERC_Onji
April 18th, 2006, 08:24 AM
i thought people running ranked servers that did this was considered a 'no no' by EA. I cant remember, let me dig.

Daedelus
April 18th, 2006, 08:38 AM
yesthere is plenty of complaints on planet battle field forums. that this allows for what people say as stat padders. and there has been arguments about well if a group pays for there server they should be able to do what they whant with it. But ea responce was well have an unranked server then that they have to play along with the Rules of engagment set down by EA when you agree to them to get a ranked server. Also there has been a big enforcment lalty for servers that like to break rules ie clans that let only clan mates fly airplanes etc. and theres been a big crack down on the stat padders that kill and res and some of these guys have had 500-700 point rounds. so Ea has been reseting htere sats to zero. Doh"

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 18th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I played on the GAW (German Assault Wizards) server which is pistol and knives only. Some people don't follow the server rule and use vehicles and machine guns any way but talk about fun. I have racked up some pistol kills on this server in hte last two days. Very fun.

LA_MERC_goose
April 18th, 2006, 09:14 AM
I played a knife and pistol server the other night as a medic, trying to get my vet heal badge but no luck, I did get my Vet Knife and Legion of Merit ribbon (I had like 50 revives) I don't really have a problem with them but I do know that I really suck with the pistols and I'm not real good with the knife unless I'm able to sneak up on people.

LA_MERC_johncst
April 18th, 2006, 10:57 AM
hey it is great fun . but for Biggs i like to see gust an enge surver just shotguns

Biggs
April 18th, 2006, 11:06 AM
or better yet...a server with only jets

LA_MERC_goose
April 18th, 2006, 11:22 AM
claymores, C4 and grenades only! :D

LA_MERC_Onji
April 18th, 2006, 11:52 AM
claymores, C4 and grenades only! :D

oh man, if hell had its own bf2 server, this would be it.

LA_MERC_Diesel
April 18th, 2006, 11:55 AM
LMAO
:laugh:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 18th, 2006, 11:56 AM

LMFAO!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
April 18th, 2006, 04:52 PM

OMG! LMAO! Right on!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 22nd, 2006, 06:17 AM
Lets see some of the ip's for these servers guys. I have one I found that's a 20 man server playing 32 player Karkand. The way they do it is US caps Hotel and nothing else so the battles are all between Hotel and Square. Both commanders drop supply crates nearby and damn near everyone is a medic to there's heal bags all over. It was a lot of fun and I racked up over 40 kills in 2 rounds. I also sported a little over a 2:1 K/D ratio as well. You can easily get higher you just have to find a good sniping spot. I'm a rush and die kinda guy though so I didn't get into much of that. I'll post the one I found in a little bit.

LA_MERC_johncst
April 22nd, 2006, 08:44 AM
typipe in pistol or knife ether word and hit enter it should bring up the servers Iwill get some ip and post later

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 22nd, 2006, 11:02 AM
The search function has never worked for me so that's a no go. The one I found just happened to be in the top 10 servers when I did an update.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 22nd, 2006, 02:08 PM
W00T! Pistol servers rock! Before I killed my headphones and mouse I was throwin the pwnage down like someone was callin my momma names. I can't find the screenshot or I'd post it but my best round was 55:11 with like 138 points for the gold. I don't know what happened to me but I just couldn't miss and guys were lining up for me so I could just empty my clip and get 2 or 3 kills sometimes.

I'm close to my Golda Pistola I need 9 kills for 500 then whatever for the gold badge.

Daedelus
April 22nd, 2006, 02:43 PM
yeah just played on one it was a blast got my basic knife and pistol. i think i may be close to the 50 kills for my veteran so ill check. only thing screwed up was to many guys still using there guns and the armor and they didnt care the server was knife and pistol.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==