PDA

View Full Version : I still gots it! Woot!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 23rd, 2006, 09:49 PM
My company Basketball team starts up next week, so I thought I would go to the local YMCA and get in a pick up game. Haven't really been working out or anything so I was just going to play to get my wind back. BUT, at age 31 and heavier than I've been I surprised myself. It was a very physical game and since I'm a big guy I played down low on the blocks. One good transition I get a two on one against a cocky young guy (Much like myself at his age) I was predominately a passer this game but something snapped and I decided to go up. Didn't plan on it at first but realized I still had the hops. KABOOM, threw down a tomohawk dunk all over the guy. It was the winning point and he tried like hell to block it and ended up under me when we hit the ground. GYM went crazy becuase the old white guy brought the house down on him. Woot, made me feel young again, AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 24th, 2006, 06:20 AM
lol...the horse...rides again!

LA_MERC_goose
March 24th, 2006, 06:20 AM
I'm sorry Andy, what did yousay - I was day dreaming. :D

Good job Ol' man!

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 24th, 2006, 06:30 AM
I thought this was a post about you having another kid on the way or something...

gj anyway!

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 24th, 2006, 07:18 AM
lmao tech....

well I deked through 3 defenders and made them look rather silly the other night....does that count for anything?

LA_MERC_Temp
March 24th, 2006, 07:24 AM
nothing like dunking on a man to win a game to kill his pride, haha. good work

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 24th, 2006, 09:56 AM
lol...the horse...rides again!

LMFAO Mike. I forgot all about that. For all you guys who didn't go to college with me, Mike, Reed, Robby, and Matt. We played basketball ALL THE TIME. Back then I was 6'4" but only 175 pounds. I was very energetic. I was up and down the court like a man on meth. Mike called me the horse as he swears I would neigh as I flew by him on the hard wood adn never tired out like a work horse. The one I remeber Mike and I'm not sure you do but it was one of those plays I'll remeber for ever. I rebounded the ball defensively and turned down court. You were up at mid court. I passed you the ball in full stride and I guess you realized that since I already had a full head of steam I would get the fast break better so as soon as you caught the ball you bounced it in between your legs behind you right to me as I ran by. I caught the ball in perfect stride and got a dunk on the other end. Very sweet play topped of by a great no look between the leg pass from you. Ahh the memories. I think that was teh same night Robby was called "JIM Dandy". LOL. Robby was on a tear from beyond the arc. He had made like 4 3 pointers in a row and Jew asked him you must feel good Robby, to which he calmly replied "I FEEL DANDY, JIM DANDY". LOL Man I miss the intramural center days.

well I deked through 3 defenders and made them look rather silly the other night....does that count for anything?

your damn right it does. Good job Al....I think.......what does deked mean?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 24th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Try doing it on 1/8" thick pieces of stainless at a full go.

Goog job Andy.....I haven't played competitive b-ball in a long time. My wife was a pumkin pounder in college. She misses it I think. ..............rant........blah......blah....

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 24th, 2006, 10:02 AM
deke in hockey is = a good head and shoulder fake leaving the defender stepping out of his high tops in basketball. The best guys can deke with minor movements making peeps walkin the wrong direction. The most famous deke = the triple deke in Mighty Ducks....bah...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 24th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Try doing it on 1/8" thick pieces of stainless at a full go.

Goog job Andy.....I haven't played competitive b-ball in a long time. My wife was a pumkin pounder in college. She misses it I think. ..............rant........blah......blah....

Two Things Rook.
First - What the hell are you trying to do on 1/8" thick pieces of stainless steel
Second - If I called my wife a pumpkin pounder I'm pretty sure she would cut off my testicles and sew them to my face cheeks. (Becuase she would not get the inference to basketball, lol)..(and I would have time to explain............and when I did it would be hard to talk with nuts hitting me in the face trying to enunciate) LMFAO. Mental image of myself in that state has got me giggling up a storm.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 24th, 2006, 10:31 AM
1/8" stainless = inference to hockey skates = reference to Sabre doing good.

Also remember everyone........Hockey players are the only athletes that walk on water!

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 24th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Second - If I called my wife a pumpkin pounder I'm pretty sure she would cut off my testicles and sew them to my face cheeks. (Becuase she would not get the inference to basketball, lol)..(and I would have time to explain............and when I did it would be hard to talk with nuts hitting me in the face trying to enunciate) LMFAO. Mental image of myself in that state has got me giggling up a storm.

lmfao!!!! I can just imagine trying to explain pumpkin pounder...omg I'm crying over here.....lol

something like this: "but Wendy it was just a.....slap.....but it wasn't what you thought...slap.....ok I'm sorry.

Also remember everyone........Hockey players are the only athletes that walk on water!

how very true....(we just don't let on that the water is in it's frozen state)

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 24th, 2006, 12:53 PM
hey don't forget about curling!

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 24th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Drige, I think the key word was "athletes" there... ;-)

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 24th, 2006, 02:44 PM
What are you trying to say??????!?!?!?!

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 24th, 2006, 02:58 PM
lol, the same thing I would have said.....but mine would have been this:

the key word there is 'sport'......

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 24th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I'm going to have to side with the Hockey players Robby. Curling is not a sport.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 25th, 2006, 06:07 AM
maybe, but it's at least as fun to watch... :stick

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 25th, 2006, 06:34 AM
maybe, but it's at least as fun to watch... :stick

that was below the belt!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 25th, 2006, 07:16 AM
that was below the belt!
below the belt and right in the crotch. Thats mean Robby, OUCH!

LA_MERC_Spark
March 25th, 2006, 08:16 AM
OMFG you guys are killing me! lmao at Andy! Oh the wonders of a good imagination!

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 25th, 2006, 08:38 AM
lol Pumpkin Pounder...that still cracks me up...thae air in Montana is obviously thin...:)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 26th, 2006, 07:19 PM
hey don't forget about curling!

BTW......they are more like skipping polished granite rocks. :eek:

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 27th, 2006, 06:03 AM
hey which one can you still do drunk? eh?

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 27th, 2006, 06:45 AM
I scored 5 goals in a 8-7 loss last night....:(

you can do both hockey and curling drunk...you can probably get away with playing hockey drunk than curling....lol can you imagine trying to balance on one foot...on ice...while drunk????

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==