PDA

View Full Version : SunbeamTech Clear Acryllic Case

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 4th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Want to sell a SunbeamTech Clear Acryllic case that I purchased in the Hard OCP forums a while back. It is a great case, for those that want to see everything, as EVERYTHING is clear (except for the back port area). Was gently used and has some foam tape where the previous owner applied lights (I think) and case stickers...but all in all a very nice case! Has 5 80mm case fan spots (fans not included).

Asking $50 plus $20 for shipping ($20 because I'm going to ship via FedEx do to the fragility of the case).

I have 99.5% positive feedback on eBay and, if I could remember my Heat account, it would show 1 positive and no neg there.

If you want pictures, please PM and I'll email them to you.

Thanks!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 5th, 2006, 07:50 AM
I tried to PM you Tech but it didn't work. Send me some pics it may be something I'm intersted in. Thanks.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 5th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Pics sent!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 5th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Email Scott is [email protected]. I looked at pics of the case on the Sunbeam website. Looks great, Have you heard anything about EMF problems with non metal cases.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 5th, 2006, 07:58 AM
SOLD!

Give me your address and I'll send 70 to you.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 5th, 2006, 08:14 AM
I haven't had any problems or heard of anything. I'm sure there MIGHT be issues...but again, I didn't have any problems.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 5th, 2006, 01:32 PM
EMF shouldn't be a problem Andy I've been running my mobo on Lexian for over a year now with no problems.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 5th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Could someone tell Andy I need his address? lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 5th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I emailed it to you Scott

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 5th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I read some reviews that said as long as your PSU was cased in metal that it is very iunlikely you would have any EMF problems. On the other hand they said most acrylic PSU use other types of shielding to accomodate the acrylic exterior. It's just going to be hectic redoing my system. If you could see mine now you'd understand. Should be an interesting project.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 13th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Hey Scott. Recieved the case and it built up pretty good. I had to get a mount bracket to mount the hard drive as the only mounts are for 5.25" bays and had to go to the local hardware store for some screws since it was lacking in some but all in all I really like. I think the only negative I could say is I'm not impressed with the 5.25" bay acrylic windows and the push pin locks. But I really like the look. Here is a quick photo of the side and front with my stuff up and going with it. Thanks.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 13th, 2006, 08:04 PM
LMFAO. Ok I had to post. Some of you guys who went to the last big public LAN will remeber that Andy was in charge of wiring the power up for the building. For those of you who don't know, I basically took the Knights of Columbus Hall in Monroe and rerouted all the power at the buildings main breaker to our 100+ computers and left only power to the main hall, the kitchen, and just the boys bathroom (Sick perverted ploy by me to make the girl suffer the wrath of a mens bathroom), lol. So imagine a large breaker box being fed by a 600 amp 3 phase main power line. I then took all the breakers and rerouted to the romex power lines (I think 26 all in all) I had other guys laying down and rolling out to all the tables for the computers. The good news is I got it done. It was under a time crunch (people wanted to play counter strike and asthetics was not on the priority list. Neither was passing a fire safety inspection, LMFAO. So needless to say I had wires running every where. So I get this case from Scott. I know I'm going to be putting two new vid cards in real soon so I hooked everyhting back up to run, again asthetics is not a priority, LOL. So my computer works but when the lights are on its not as pretty. Today was the first time my wife saw it in the day light. Her comment was. IS THAT RIGHT? DID YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG? IS IT GOING TO WORK? She fails to remeber I graduated magna coo loudy from the technical school of McElhannon engineering which is basically like the Mr. Scotty engineering on the enterprise. I had to get warp power soon and just started wiring it up to work. Pretty is not in a mechanical Engineers vocabulary. It works, LOL. take a look with the lights on.

LA_MERC_goose
March 13th, 2006, 08:50 PM
HOLY CRAP ANDY!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 13th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Why all the wires? That case looks like it has no room for air to flow. *JK* I wouldn't know about anything due to being the nuberist hardwirin foo you ever seen. I may be able to rewire a '68 Ford Bronco, but I am scared of that. ?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 14th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Your cable management is worse then mine Andy! Those cases are pretty cool but since everything is clear all your hack jobs can be seen. With smaller windows and the like you can hide some stuff. Maybe paint the MERC logo on it or something. Or glue/tape some metal or colored panels to it. Or just leave it because you like it. ;)

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 14th, 2006, 04:42 AM
hahaha...Andy, it looks like Radio Shack just threw up inside your case, man!

JK - When I had that case, I sleeved the power supply cables and stuff...it makes a read difference.

Glad you got it.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 14th, 2006, 04:48 AM
lmao whoa man, you should have suck around for the 200 level course. Here ya go:
http://cableorganizer.com/wire-pc-kit/

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 14th, 2006, 07:11 AM
LOL, I flunked out Robby. That's why I never made any of the 200 level classes. I will go back and tidy things up once I have the new video cards in. As for air flow. Maybe you didn't notice but I have an 80 mm fan every where you can. Sure there is some positive pressure buildup do to constricted air flow paths but my core temp still stays around 38 celsius. Pretty cool actually.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 14th, 2006, 08:03 AM
I at least thought I would get a little praise. I mean, I have gotten better.

Do I need to remind you.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 14th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I prefer the fuse box to your case.

I know what you can do to hide some of the cables. Put some Brokeback stickers on it, that would rule.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 14th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I prefer the fuse box to your case.

I know what you can do to hide some of the cables. Put some Brokeback stickers on it, that would rule.

:e2 :tribe :slp :stpat4

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==