PDA

View Full Version : New Vehicle?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 3rd, 2006, 08:38 AM
Hey guys I am looking at a Pontiac Torrent for my wife. Has anyone heard anything bad, good, ugly for that vehicle. It comes pretty well equipped, seems big enough for Mom, Paddy, and I.
Pros: OnStar, XM, and a ton of gadgets and features.
Cons: New vehicle for 2006, prolly a few recalls in the future.

All input would be helpful. Also mention rides you all love for us to look at. My wife receives employee pricing for Ford, Chrysler (minus the viper), and All GM. We are just starting to test drive them this weekend, and it will take us a couple months to decide. Again thanks men, and Sweets, and possibly somebodys' wife I haven't met yet.:wav

Daedelus
March 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
thought it looked nice but dont reallythink to many pontiacs hold the re-sale value but then again your not looking to re-sale right now just something you could have for awhile. you are correct with most cars new like that modle wise there are usually recall after recall fixing bugs. fine if you dont mind the trip to the dealer and the time it takes for them to fix errors etc.
hey if you wife gets discount on dodge have you thought about the dodge charger a co-worker got one and its sweet lots of room inside pretty plush. and the thing i liked the most was dodge with the HEMI's are offering this new MDS system where you say drive the v8 but you can select the shifter down or up and use only 6 cylinders or even lower the big engin down as low as a 4 cyl. great on gass that way. then simple tap tap and boom back to the v8 hemi. sounds sweet huh. just thought i would throw that out there. they suppossedly off it on charger/ram/durango/and magnum. my wife and me almost got the magnum huge space inside.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 4th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Speaking of the blocking down of cylinders, Cadillac did that back in the 70's (during the "first" energy crisis) my uncle had one - it would use all 8 in acceleration, but drop back to 4 once you reached cruzing speeds. He hated that damn car!

He only kept it a short while and then tried one of the Diesel powered Oldsmobiles...and that was just about as bad.

He's been driving Buick LeSabres and GMC trucks since.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 4th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Yeah almost all car manufact'rs are doing the kill a few cylinder thing with certain models. My wife was looking at a couple hybrids also. I know we already kicked this dog a few times over, but? The Highlander Hybrid with that Synergy drive was the one she liked. Also remember Daed that I live in MT and AWD atleast.......4WD a must. Cars are out the window for us. I want her driving a great vehicle when we get a fluke 24" and she feels the need to go visit family 4 hrs away.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 4th, 2006, 08:57 AM
If I was in the market right now...I'd look at a Pontiac G6. Also the Mazda 6 looks pretty good.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 4th, 2006, 12:31 PM
http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14990

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 4th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Thank You Tob-ster. Question though is why the hybrid highlander is not $6,000 inflated over reg models.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 4th, 2006, 05:07 PM
it may very well be at the dealer, due to demand

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==