PDA

View Full Version : How to make our server more populated

Biggs
February 28th, 2006, 10:07 PM
ok, there are many reasons why we need to get our server to a point that we have a good number of regulars, so lets actually try to get it going!

i suggest changing the server from a 40 man server to the next lower player capicity so we need less players to get a round started. this will help us get rounds going faster so when nubs join they dont leave becuase they see..."round will start when 2 more players join."

when the server gets popular we can move back up to 40 of 50 man slots.

we may also try getting together with a clan that has a everpopulated server, such as la cantina or pimpshack or the the like. we can try to build a good relationship with those guys in hopes of attracting their clan memebers and server regulars to our server.

i also suggest a map lineup that most of the populated servers we play on have.....this usually consist of; karkand(64 player size), wake, oman(64 player size), sharqi(64 player size), and dalian plant(64 player size).

i think it would great and less stressful if we can get our server going with regulars, that way we make the rules.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 1st, 2006, 06:26 AM
yeah we need to drop to the 24 man server...I believe that is one that requires 8, especially if we stay with 32 size maps,

then we can roll, can someone verify this info, I did a few weeks ago, but have since forgot what the results were?
just jump into an empty 32 man and an empty 24-28 man server, and what does i tell you for # of people for the round to start?

LA_MERC_Onji
March 1st, 2006, 06:46 AM
biggs i like your ideas about getting more peeps on, except the maps. If we lower the player count from 40 to 32, and we put 64 player maps on. They will take forever and a day to just finish one round because the ticket count starts so high

LA_MERC_goose
March 1st, 2006, 07:02 AM
I agree with Onji - 64 man maps take forever on smaller servers (Wake being the exception) - 24 slots and 32 man maps work well - sometimes they can get long winded but for the most part they flow well.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 1st, 2006, 07:07 AM
yeah no 64 map on 24 server....ouch

LA_MERC_goose
March 1st, 2006, 11:31 AM
May I suggest a server name change - use the scrolling text in my signature. YEAH, BABY!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==