PDA

View Full Version : Woot, Looks like ONJISAN has done it again.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 27th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Well, The forums are back up.

Thanks Darren :)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 27th, 2006, 07:34 AM
What happened big D. Glad you got the forums back up. Is there anything we can do to help.

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 27th, 2006, 07:47 AM
yay!!!

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 27th, 2006, 08:12 AM
I didn't know they were down...lol

I guess that means Onji is doing great!

LA_MERC_goose
February 27th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Well, I think it had something to do with the database not wanting to read the backup Onji made over the weekend - I beleive he ended up starting the database with a parameter list instead of using a configuration file the database needed. Restore complete. May take a little while to get all of the custom configurations set back up but I doubt it will be too awefully long.

LA_MERC_Onji
February 27th, 2006, 08:58 AM
yeah, stuff blew up big time. Getting things back like they were. I was scared for a few hours there that we lost everything, but its going.

but some good did come of this, I did find where the bottleneck was with the speed issue. its that welcome bar at the top of the main forum page. You may see me messing with it off and on, but if it continues to bog us down, then its staying off.

oh and just fyi, editing 700mb worth of text in notepad isnt fun lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 27th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I beleive he ended up starting the database with a parameter list instead of using a configuration file the database needed.

Was that English

editing 700mb worth of text in notepad isnt fun.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Not sure what that language was but I roughly translated it as "Some s.h.i.t. Andy is uncapable of doing"

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 27th, 2006, 09:46 AM
lol, ....people make fun of us technical guys talking jargon....what the hell was that all about????

LA_MERC_Onji
February 27th, 2006, 09:58 AM
ok got a new status bar added to the top of the page (the one with your avatar, and it shows new posts etc)

you should also notice a speed increase in the forums in general

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 27th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Good deal, and some of what you said did make a liitle bit of sense. Sounds like you had your work cut out for you no doubt....

LA_MERC_Nutria
February 27th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks for being on top of things Onji. You da man.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 27th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Yeah, all kidding aside. Thanks Darren.

LA_MERC_Mercy
February 27th, 2006, 12:15 PM
ouch...at least it wasnt me this time :D...

i will say, it is much faster now...very very nice

Wyrm_f00d
February 27th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Darren.. sound like you had your work cut out for ya... good jaerb...

thanx

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 27th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I went from a 30-40 second load for the forums to a 3-4 second load...talk about great speeds! Rock on, Onji...you da man!

Biggs
February 27th, 2006, 05:22 PM
onji's got mad computer hax that only the choosen few are blessed with....

all i know is that onji fixed the fluxcapacitor and all was well

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 27th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Thank you Onji for being the complete opposite of Biggs and I.(i.e. knowing your sheit.)

LA_MERC_Drax
February 28th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Thank you Onji for being the complete opposite of Biggs and I.(i.e. knowing your sheit.)

lmao, owned....:stick

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 28th, 2006, 06:28 AM
no no see Biggs and Onjji are like twins....that were seperated at birth and one got gaming hax and the other application hax...together they can...rule the world..muhahahah :p:

Daedelus
March 1st, 2006, 09:34 AM
ohh thanks onji san good job. i didnt notice myself been working long hours at work the last 5 days and they got la merc blocked at work now did to much posting from work and they caught on doh.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 2nd, 2006, 08:34 AM
PROPS TO THE MASTA!!
GJ Darren

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 2nd, 2006, 11:50 AM
Good Job Darren. I can't wait to see the spinning 3D logo on the main page but for now congrats on getting the site back to normal, Wootage!

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 2nd, 2006, 12:18 PM
dude that spin is perfect

LA_MERC_Onji
March 2nd, 2006, 04:41 PM
just to let everyone know. i found the source for that ilead popup that was coming up when you goto our main page. it has been eliminated.

it was the website that kept up with our hits etc. Recently they added code to their stuff to make advertisments pop up on whoever used their counter. This sucks, because they kept up with our hits, and all kinds of stats for several years, but I wont have popus. We'll find an alternative.

ps. if you still get the popup, you may have some old cache in your browser, just hold CTRL-F5 while on our main page, to make it stop.

thanks

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 2nd, 2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks Darren, you are the man :)

Everytime I hit the main page I get a Blocked pop up, but still a popup..

I am going to go kill it now.... MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 3rd, 2006, 08:56 AM
You might as well kill sumthin', and that sounds easy enough for ya.:stick

Thanks Onji-san. You are thee_guy.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==