PDA

View Full Version : "Must have unmodified content" or "Data differs from Server" errors.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
February 14th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Per EA's Support section.....

If your Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2 Special Forces installation has become corrupt, either through the use of unsupported modifications to the game, or a corrupted patch or installation, you may receive one of these errors when attempting to connect to an online game.

To resolve this issue, Battlefield 2 and any expansions must be uninstalled from your computer and reinstalled from scratch. This replaces corrupted game files and will allow you to connect to online games successfully

If you have Special Forces installed, you will need to uninstall that expansion first, then the regular version of Battlefield 2. These uninstalls can be done automatically by using the Uninstall Battlefield 2 or Uninstall Battlefield 2 Special Forces programs located in the respective game's Program folder in the Start menu. If the automatic uninstalls do not work, manual uninstalls can be performed by following the instructions located here for Battlefield 2 (http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8986) and Battlefield 2 Special Forces (http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11150).

Once the games have been successfully uninstalled, reinstall them as you did before. You should now be able to access online games successfully.

LA_MERC_Onji
February 14th, 2006, 02:38 PM
skits is trying to jinx us :(

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 14th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Did we post this to say the "unofficial" patch is prolly not a good idear?

LA_MERC_Onji
February 14th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Did we post this to say the "unofficial" patch is prolly not a good idear?

it was a legit file, i compared the exact file size with the real patch, it matches. so we're good to go.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 14th, 2006, 03:27 PM
I TOLD you.. don't doubt me, FOOLS!

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
February 14th, 2006, 08:06 PM
No this is for the problem that Toby was having...

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 14th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I only get that error every so often after I've already been playing on a server and it switches maps.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==