PDA

View Full Version : point system whacked out

Biggs
February 1st, 2006, 10:49 PM
ok lemme know what u think

after one gets 50,000 points the next rank increase is to lt. which is at 200,000 points.

but what does one get when he reaches 200,000points? no unlocks, no good stuff?

omg, i know i will never see 200,000 points and god knows i probably wont see 100,000 points

so then one must ask himself...whats the point of score after one gets to 50,000 and has no chance of seeing 200,000?

but what does it all mean...i mean yes, points are uber cool....but for all the cool medals one needs like 700 hours as a sniper with 100 kills with a knife while using ur mouse left handed....

so what are the stats that really matter...cause points are nuts and it is based almost soley on the amount of time one plays....

bf2 came out with this really cool device called stats, which made them uber money by requireing ranked servers.....so....if it all comes back to the money then wtf?

bah i do know..all i want id the dam air combat medal and that monke is really far away...so that made me mad at ea....thus writing this...bah...tank humpers

LA_MERC_BS
February 1st, 2006, 11:30 PM
If nothing else they should mail you a T-shirt that says

"I Kicked Ass in BF2 and all I got was this damn T-Shirt"

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 2nd, 2006, 02:39 AM
I'm pretty sure that they are making unlocks for sniper and anti-tank classes in the up coming patch. So you have a couple more unlocks but you may be able to unlock them as soon as you get a point after installing the patch. Depends on how they set it up.

I'm not a military buff but I think that the ranks are spread out quite a ways. Staff Sargeant to First Sargeant 8k to 20k points, First Sargeant to Sargeant Major is 20k to 50k, Sargeant Major to 2nd Lieutenant is 50k to 200k. The farthest gap between ranks before these ranks is 3k points. Maybe this is similar to how the military works but for a game maybe reduce the gaps. Ofcourse I remember before the first patch I was going to be lucky to rank up 4 times at 20k and only have 2 or 3 unlocks. So it is better then intially but as Biggs said you don't get anything new and all the medals have time/kill/point requirements that don't have anything to do with your rank. Kinda weird

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 2nd, 2006, 05:57 AM
If nothing else they should mail you a T-shirt that says

"I Kicked Ass in BF2 and all I got was this damn T-Shirt"

LMAO @ BS... Good one man :)

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 2nd, 2006, 07:41 AM
I read somewhere that they are introducing officer ranks, so that may mean that they reduce the ranksafter 50K and give those ranks some unlocks

LA_MERC_BS
February 2nd, 2006, 08:02 AM
Yeah I saw that too. Im at a point now where Im up for a few more medals, but after that it could be 6 to 8 months before I get any new medals. That was awesome to be in game and all of the sudden theres an explosion of music and you've won something. Thats was cool.

LA_MERC_goose
February 2nd, 2006, 08:06 AM
I live for that 'music' and the "You're a winner" statements. LOL :D

Daedelus
February 4th, 2006, 12:48 PM
haha i was just searching google the other day to find web sites with BF2 info that i could view at work, stupid filters at work wont let me go to any game web sites haha. and i came across a petition people where filling out to send to EA about the rank stucture and how hard it is. there comments where basically talking about it taking 2 and a half million points to get to say general. witch buy most people caculations would take a few years of playing.(this is so bull)
i can understand EA thinking hey we want to make it hard and be rewarding down the road but jeeze that is way to long do they actually think people will still be playing BF2 in say 5 years to get the general rank. (Now i can understand that that may happen look how long counter strike has been out,)
but to think that EA and dice wont have a BF3 or bf4 out in less that 5 years,
who would be playing the old bf2 once theres a 3 & 4 out there.

they seriously need to think about revamping the ranks.
I was going to sing the petition but looked like they olny had 190 people like that will do anything but they also asked for e-mail address to keep the voting/petition fair. And i really dont need to give out my e-mail again to some place to end up gettting tons of spam and junk mail.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 4th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I actually think that sounds like an awesomw system. Peeps are going to complain about what to play for any more, but how many generals are there in the world. I think they are looking long term for the game to stay realistic. There are Majors, Colonels, and such that know in real life they will never become a general. They still go to work everyday. EA is trying to create a new way of thinking about online gaming here. Long term dedication to a "way of life." Stat padders are never going to make it up ranks, but peeps that play like T4rget will eventually be a general. All the rest of us will be dedicted to winning for the team and wearing less valorous ranks. You can jump in game and jump ranks quickly, this catches you up to speed with others. You get above those ranks with dedication and truly strategized play. People who want more quicker should play CS:Source. Your rank can change every twelve hours....lol......

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 5th, 2006, 09:42 AM
I think they are going for the realistic aspect as well and as long as they don't get more unlocks or anything the rest of us can get it's fine. Probably won't be more unlocks but it sucks if you play many hours and can't get something, badges and ribbons. The only thing rank does is give you unlocks and supposedly gives you a better chance to be the commander. Although there are times when the commander has a lower rank then others that have applied.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==