PDA

View Full Version : I have my LAST Chrysler......

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 30th, 2006, 01:34 PM
I'd like to thank Chrysler for their excellent engineering and placement of key components....for example....the a/c evaporator that is located under the dash board...$1200 bucks later....after they have disassemble the entire interior to get at it.

Next, I'm driving home and my transmission starts slipping....just f'n peachy.

Chrysler can *&^^&%&*$%^**())))&$%$$%% right now...especially when I do a little research and find that their transmissions have been sub-par for years...and of course their warranty lasts as long as they think the dam thing will run....36k.

so, I'm probably looking at another 2-3k in transmission work....say goodbye to the LAN for me guys....

I know, I know, you work at Chrysler eX........not meant directly at you bro!

grrrrrrrrr...

sincerely,

irrated Town & Country owner........

p.s. i'm done american made....it's over-rated...I'm going back to my roots....German.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 30th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Sabre, have you noticed that there is no German van... well, VW attempts one once in a while, but that's for hippies, not families. I'd love to see them make a conversion of the Toureg or the Q7 or even something based off the bmw 7 series frame.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 30th, 2006, 03:28 PM
lol...yeah I've noticed..

After forking out more cash for the van...I just can't get rid of it now..too much invested.

I was actually talking about my 'work' car....my boss is moving to Aberdeen next month and is selling his 2000 Jetta GLS...only 60,000 miles.....maybe between 9-10 grand...makes you think about it.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 30th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Chrysler trannies have sucked for many a year, you'd think since everyone on the planet knows about it they might try and fix the problem. Or not.

About your a/c thing, everyone does pretty much the same stupidity and places components in dumb spots. I think it's so you can't fix anything yourself and have to go to the dealer. On the present Durango you can't even change your spark plugs b/c they are so far underneath the hood you can't get to them. It's really kinda silly they way the do things.

Sorry to hear about your plight Al. If you want I can get you a HEMI sticker for the van or something?

LA_MERC_Spark
January 30th, 2006, 03:50 PM
A HEMI sticker... LMAO! :roll

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 30th, 2006, 03:53 PM
w00t! I'll take one for my Rodeo...hehehe....seriously :)

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 30th, 2006, 04:47 PM
It is not only in Dodge, Sabre. There are only a handful of vehicles that you do not have to pull the dash in order to get to the condenser. Most of them are trucks. I have actually changed a condenser on a Chrysler mini van and it is not easy at all. We had to take the whole dashboard out. Disconnecting all the wiring was a different story. When it was said and done it took a little over 10 hours fot the total job.

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 30th, 2006, 04:51 PM
yeah, but you milk it Nooch..:p:
how long would it take a real mechanic :stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 30th, 2006, 06:22 PM
p.s. i'm done american made....it's over-rated...I'm going back to my roots....German.

Now I'm not knocking some german engineering becuase it is pretty good. BUT, not al american is bad. My Ford Pinto, then Ranger, and now F-150 have been some extremely reliable and durable vehicles. The one GM car I owned was ok, but the pontiac I owned literally blew apart. Buy Ford and you'll be happy. By German and you won't be disappointed either, you'll just pay a little more.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 30th, 2006, 06:25 PM
My jeep wrangler is doing just fine, with 160,000 + miles, on a '93. I also drive a gmc surburban, and gmc k1500. All reliable to me.

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 30th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Bah.. new ford have serious problems as does every American made car. For instance... Ford trucks have a problem with the coil over plug design. The coils burn up very very easily. Another Ford problem is ball joints. It seems like I sell a set of these things at least once every two days. Chevy has a problem on their new front sealed bearing in the trucks.
My advice is to go with OLD American made or foriegn

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 30th, 2006, 08:39 PM
My advice is to go with OLD American made or foriegn

So ya sayin buy sLingy?

SnAkEbItE
January 31st, 2006, 05:56 AM
Well my 94 Ford Ranger which has around 370,000 miles on it, all of which I personaly put on it, and was hit by and drunk woman driveing her boy friends new dodge pickup, and is still going and all I have ever done to it is replaced the clutch twice and the air conditioner compressor once last year.

So I feel that I have got my doller worth out of my little pickup.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 31st, 2006, 05:58 AM
All vehicles Are crap on weels today .

GET A BYCICLE!! The engine is guranteed for as long as the owner lives...

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 31st, 2006, 06:06 AM
Everyone will have a story about a good ford, or chevy or chrysler...fact is that on average...ford, chevy, and chrysler break down hella more than Toyota, Honda and VW....plain and simple.....

I'm a huge GM guy, but I'm not spending anymore money on 'love for GM, or Ford'...I'm spending my money on a good, reliable product...

And Andy...don't feed me that crap about your F150...that thing has spent more time in the shop than any other truck I've seen....lol...some due to your own driving habits....but arent' Ford trucks built tough???? heheheh

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 31st, 2006, 07:31 AM
I didn't want to post this, but I know Andy vs. foreign.......

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/used-cars/used-cars-best-and-worst-1205.htm

Sabre can smile now.....America sucks in the long haul car ownership catagory. I think alot has to do with owner of vehicle as far as reliability goes. The chrysler tranny is just junk though. The car manufacturers have to look at cost vs. profit analysis constantly to see if something is "worth" it. Cut costs with weaker trannys, save up for next lawsuit for some drunkard not making a corner, driving through guard rail, slashing tire in process, rolling car 25 times, exit vehicle with sore neck. Live in Key West sippin' Muat ty's on his millions.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 31st, 2006, 07:43 AM
Lol. WAtch out AL. Everything has an upside and a downside. I have a friend here who has a VW. It has problems too. His only complaint is its 45 minute drive to the nearest dealer. Also, I will give Nutria this. "COIL PACKS SUCK ASS". I have had to replace 3 thus far. I'm closing in on 100,000 miles. If you can send me some from time to time I would appreciate it Newtch. Also. Can you send me another FX4 sticker or a set to put on the truck. And yes AL my truck has seen some shop days. Don't get Candace started on that subject, BUT you must realize that thr gears blew up becuase I was running 36" tires on 3.55 gears (Not a good idea). Or the fact I raced my truck in Mud Derbies, or I just ride my **** hard. But I do maintain it and it is lasting very well. Other than the coil pack issue I think they're good trucks. My eventuall goal is to ride this engine to the bottom and then drop in a big block enginer or maybe the short block SVO 460 ford engine that come striaght out of the crate with 560 hp. Followed by a front axle conversion kit to increase to 13" of lift and run either 44" boggers or the NEW 49" Swampers by Interco. Woot Woot, Long live FORD!!!!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 31st, 2006, 08:27 AM
Do0d!.....I get crap all the time cuz I want to go with 13" on my '82 GMC with 39" Swampys.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 31st, 2006, 08:51 AM
lol Andy...you're such a redneck...:stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 31st, 2006, 12:02 PM
lol Andy...you're such a redneck...:stick

Thanks buddy, but sweet talking me like that isn't going to get you any special treatment. Everyone's entitled to their share of the power chord. Take a number.

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 31st, 2006, 01:14 PM
Hey Andy how about a big Z71 sticker for the side :stick

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 31st, 2006, 01:42 PM
or that Hemi sticker from ex????

46&2
January 31st, 2006, 01:48 PM
I just bought myself a nice project car, an 84 supra with 178199mi. its in pretty decent shape we'll see how it holds up.

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 31st, 2006, 02:16 PM
Andy, next time one of those coils goes out, make sure it is not just arcing out through the boot that goes on the coil.

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 1st, 2006, 06:49 AM
ok, ok....another apology needed....lol

So I took my POS T&C back to the shop...this time a local shop around the corner...ie..not the Chrysler place that did the original work..and the mechanic said that it was definately not a mechanical problem, but a problem in the wiring or the circuit. So, with that in my back pocket I head back to Chrysler to unload....(I had some good stuff to say too...) but before I could get into my rant....the service manager comes by and asked me what the symptoms were...I tell him...he say's "I'll be right back"...so I'm waiting and about 3 minutes he comes back with one of those computers....he plugs it in....does a few things with it...tells me to hop in and let's go for a ride...problem solved. The computer didn't have the proper code to run the transmission....doh!

sigh....now that's what I spell relief..the only bad part was....I didn't get to yell and belittle anyone :(

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 1st, 2006, 09:07 AM
Damn computers anyways!

Biggs
February 1st, 2006, 10:30 AM
yo andy i got a truck you would like:

my buddy built a 99 f150..

here are some details.

solid front axle conversion: dana 60 outback, dana 44 up frotn
44 inch tsl radials ( i think tsl's might be wrong it was a few years ago and he sold it.)
it had 20" of overall lift...the leaf springs looked like "U"s...it was a cool truck and all the little kids loved it.

i am 6'1" tall and the frame rails where at about my shoulders...now the best thing about the truck was watching drunks guys fall out of it at 4 in the morning....

it rode like shiot....over heated alot and probably now has serious tranny problems, but it was fun to f' up

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==