PDA

View Full Version : ShellIconhiddenwindow?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 28th, 2006, 11:21 PM
I was wondering if anybody knew what the heck this program is and what it does. Every-so-often at shutdown or restart, it has to be ended. I was wondering if that possibly could be an issue? Also I have a .NET broadcast 1.0.5.? that has to be shutdown occasionally. Any suggestions would be great. :)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 28th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I read a little bit about it. It seems linked to Musicmatch.

"Thanks for this thread. I was wondering where this came from too.

I just disabled the musicmatch system tray icon and the problem seems to have gone away. Only a short test so far though. "

Post at this link:
http://www.webuser.co.uk/forums/showflat.php?Number=142054&page=0

LA_MERC_Yankee
February 1st, 2006, 02:54 PM
I have the same error message occasionally on shut down. Never really gave it much thought though. Didn't find anything about it as spyware or virus.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM
Hey Yankee, did you click on the link above to read about it. It has to do with musicmatch. It came installed on my dell. I am using a diff program now, so I uninstalled it.

Wyrm_f00d
February 1st, 2006, 03:09 PM
that is what i hate the most about Store Bawt machines... The come preloaded w/ so much shiat that it takes up half the hard drive and makes the machine run like azz... Most of the time if i have one ... say at work, i just drop the WinXP cd in right off the bat and blow all that stuff away... then i don't feel so defiled when i boot it up ... :)

LA_MERC_Yankee
February 1st, 2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I checked it out. It usually shuts down before I can even really say end now.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 1st, 2006, 06:58 PM
Shell = A thing that turtles live in.
Icon = A great person or thing in history
hidden = Well that means its hard to find
window = Somthing you look out of

So what we actualy have is,,,, AND FOLLOW ME HERE.

Its a Turtles House that was Well known in History to be hard to find. So you better look out your windows for him.

And that is your computer lesson for today childern, dont make me break out the RULER!!!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 2nd, 2006, 12:51 AM
l0l....ROFLMAO at Ol' Yeller. Taht sounds like something my Grandfather would say.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==