PDA

View Full Version : Pics Of the new ride

LA_MERC_Spark
January 19th, 2006, 10:58 AM
as promised... b4 it was hit..

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 19th, 2006, 11:13 AM
nice sparky. What does the stx package give you?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 19th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Nice James. Like mine Robby, Basic functions, carpet delete. All the things that make a true truck a truck is what the STS package is all about. Good choice James.

the noxious
January 19th, 2006, 12:05 PM
i challenge you!! not really, my car sucks.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 19th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I was minutes from taking this one home...

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?result_car_id=193619384&dealership_view_name=jimarchercj&dealer_id=45939112&car_id=193619384#vdptop

LA_MERC_Shadow
January 19th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Sweet spark!

LA_MERC_Spark
January 19th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Dirgy... the STX ads different bumper, rims, and cd player. I got this one with about 27k miles on it. I just couldn't see paying for a new truck when I know I'm going to be using it for the company. I looked at dodge, but they said 6 to 8 weeks for delivery of a new one. That's when I decided to just get something kinda new and save a few grand. got this one for $17500. Pretty good price for that truck. After TTL and a warranty i got it homw for like 21K.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
January 19th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Looks good spark... I want a spray in bed liner so I can get a roll top bed cover.. lol.. I think everyone has already seen my ride

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 19th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I'll admit I'm not big on Toyota but Toby's truck is pretty sweet. That one looked pretty nice too AL.

LA_MERC_Spark
January 19th, 2006, 09:14 PM
i wanted the toyota, but they are mighty proud of em... =P

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 20th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Yeah, they be pricey. There nice, but not really for the blue collar working man. Too fancy to put in the mud or haul bricks.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 20th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Lol, And Toby told me first hand that they may in fact me meteor proof but they aren't Yukon proof.

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 20th, 2006, 08:26 AM
LMAO

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
January 20th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Lol, And Toby told me first hand that they may in fact me meteor proof but they aren't Yukon proof.

But, if there is ever a meteor shower, I'll be one safe mofo.

Also, Yota's are pretty solid. Look at the beating that tacomas take and still resale high. Also, the offroad yota racer always finishes in the top 3

LA_MERC_Drax
January 21st, 2006, 03:07 AM
My brother has a tundra, he did a full barrel roll in his truck at 70 mph and the truck had undre 10k of damage, and he and his passenger had no harm done to them. Toyota came out and took pics of his truck and him for how it held out of the accident. But then again, James knows how my brothers drives, so this could all be nonsense...

LA_MERC_Drax
January 21st, 2006, 03:07 AM
My brother has a tundra, he did a full barrel roll in his truck at 70 mph and the truck had undre 10k of damage, and he and his passenger had no harm done to them. Toyota came out and took pics of his truck and him for how it held out of the accident. But then again, James knows how my brothers drives, so this could all be nonsense...

LA_MERC_Drax
January 21st, 2006, 03:20 AM
Fuggin double post, tried to fix it, but i couldn't....

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 22nd, 2006, 01:24 PM
Well, Justin. The F-150 I'm driving today has benn rolled. I was playing on a levee and she got away from me. We rolled once. Didn't even dent the cab. All I had to replace was teh side mirror. We drove away and kept drinking. ANd yes that was an anciddent where you heard the redneck (Me) say "Hold my beer, watch this" I was trying to cut off my little brother on a dirt bike. My own fault though. If I wouldn't have tried to run him over I wouldn't have rolled it. That is teh down side to a truck like mine. Great off road but a high center of gravity. Miraculously very little beer and bourbon was spilled when it happened and all 6 of us had a drink in our hands. Onr of the girls even had 2 Boone's farm drinks. Now that is a truck, granted it may or may not be meteor proof but it sure is levee proof.

LA_MERC_Drax
January 22nd, 2006, 11:43 PM
Well one big difference there is, you were driving offroad, so you were prolly going pretty slow. He was going 70, hydroplaned and went sideways, flipped on the cab, slid for a bit and then landed back on the tires. The really odd part about the accident was that none of the windows broke. You would think if the cab crunched in some, the little side windows and the back ones would shatter fairly easy.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==