PDA

View Full Version : New Ride

LA_MERC_Spark
January 19th, 2006, 08:00 AM
So as the title suggest...... I scooped up a new ride..2005 FORD F-150.. this thing is R E D... i mean really red... Which leads me to the next thing.. I'm on the way to work this morning in my new ride... relaxing... enjoying the STOP and go traffic, I highlighted the STOP for a reason, when suddenly I feel the somewhat familiar thud of a rearend collision. That's right. Some smacktard... nay... the same smacktard that I merged in front of a few minutes earlier plowed right into the new to me truck. So im like WTF man. Then I notice the other vehicle involved. A dodge caravan. Not a good day to be him. My bumper and tailgate suffered some damage. The caravan? lol! No contest. I'm still carrying around some of his parts! hehehe! Anyway... pics of the new ride are on the way.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 19th, 2006, 08:33 AM
damn, that's gotta piss you off. I love the new style of the F-150. All last year I was going between buying a dual cab FX4 or a Larriet, then we found out the wife was preggers so I had to hold off and about to buy a minivan.
I still give Toby crap once in a while about how he should have bought a F150 instead.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 19th, 2006, 08:41 AM
I'm was so close to buying an F-150 yesterday...finances told me to hold of for a little while. I like the older style (pre 2005) better...but I'm getting use to the new.

I too....have to pay the minivan off before daddy gets his ride....so Izuzu Rodeo it is for the time being...

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 19th, 2006, 08:50 AM
man what is it about our members and having their new trucks run into?!?
Toby can feel your pain Spark

glad to hear of your ride

LA_MERC_Temp
January 19th, 2006, 08:54 AM
i like the new style too. i'm looking at gettin me an fx4 4 door one day....cars may be flying by the time i can afford it though, haha. congrats on the new truck.

LA_MERC_goose
January 19th, 2006, 09:17 AM
I feel for ya Spark, I had my truck 6 months when someone plowed into the tow hitch - destroyed her car (hood, grill, front bumber, front quarter panels), scratch my bumber.

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 19th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Happened to me the other day at a red light also. I still haven't taken my tow hitch off so the ball and everything went into her radiator...heifer! Anyway, nothing happened to my truck at all...

Sorry to hear about that Spark!

Daedelus
January 19th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear about the new truck i do like the new look and body style on those cant wait to see it.
Not to hijack your post or any thing but when i saw this i remembered i recently picked up a new ride(well not brand new) so i thought i would throw up a few pictures i found so you guys can see it. Its a 2003 cadilac seville STS. little bit bad on gas because i think its got like 300hp. lol purs like a cat when you start it up and its got a 8 speaker bose system,so comfortable with 4 seat warmers and backing up collison detectors etc. Thing ill stick with this abit,but the wife really whants the new sts or an escalade,we'll see about that.

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 19th, 2006, 11:11 AM
me likely the sts I really like the CTS

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 19th, 2006, 11:50 AM
You boys have some class. Imagine that. I too ABSOLUTELY LOVE the F-150 2000 body style and the 2005 body style. I can think of no better truck for the price. If you knew all the upgrades that Ford did with the 2005 and up F-150 you would know there is NO better truck on the market to date. They really did a nice job with this one. Also Robby. The STS is the "stripped" version. There were so many people hat wanted a nice truck but without all the high end SUV useless additions. Case in point is mine. In 1999 I ordered my 2000 F-150 ext cab 4 door truck. I had to special order it snce I wanted to delete all the useless options. Very soon after Ford introduced the STS which is basically my truck. You can't have picked a better ride James. Also, I agree iwth Daedelus and Robby the caddy CTS is an awesome car. Well, I'll have to post picks of my ride so you guys know what to do with your trucks. Also, James I just punted a brand new refridgerator on I-10 in gulfport at 80 mph. Very minimal damage to my bumper (and I mean very minimal as the tow hook did all the damage) and the refrigerator is GONE! I smashed that thing into another dimension. Nothing left but sprikling Stirofoam like it was snowing and a few metal stamp peices throwing up soarks as the slid down the road. The list of objects I've run over, into, and onto in my truck is comical. From V W bugs, to refridgerators, to 3 wheelers, you name it I've seen how pretty it looks under my truck. lol.

LA_MERC_Drax
January 19th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Kinda like my new company truck i just got. Its a 2006 F-150 extended cab. Much nicer than the 98 i had before. This ones got power windows, mirrors, and locks, keyless entry and a cd player. Makes the commutes to work much more relaxing.

LA_MERC_Yankee
January 26th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Sorry to hear that James. Any pics yet?

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 26th, 2006, 01:30 PM
keep reading threads oh poor forum participation member :stick

LA_MERC_Yankee
January 26th, 2006, 02:13 PM
STOP IT!! I found it thank you.

LA_MERC_Spark
January 27th, 2006, 09:51 AM
here they are

http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15153

oh...you eventually decided to check all the post you've missed... i see... pay no mind to this post.. :D

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==