PDA

View Full Version : Outta da way PECK (I mean Refrigerator)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 2nd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Well, after a 4 day hietis (spelling), basically a 4 day drunk I'm headed back from the great state of Louisiana to my temporary home in Alabama. Well as I'm going through Mississippi I run into a problem. Actually more specifically I run into a brand new refridgerator. Yeap, A damn refridgerator. I barrelling along on I-10 in Mississippi and all of a sunden all the traffic in front of me starts locking up their brakes and vearing right. Now by the time I see whats up its TOO DAMN LATE. I have room to my right but my wife and youngest son are in a yukon behind me. They don't have room to slide right. Thats when I decide to TAKE ON FOR THE TEAM. I decide if someone has to hit it it should be the guy with a huge jacked up tough 4 wheel drive. BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is they don't make stuff like they use to. My F-150 basically drop kicks this thing into oblivion. Stirofoam and thin sheet metal fly thorugh the air. The door tears off and sail through the sky like a frisbie. The main box is imploded by the impact and slides down the road through sparks everywhere. My oldest son is in the truck with me yelling COOL! I'm yelling hush as I try to make sure nothing happens to my wife behind me. She clears the debris fine. I pull over to get info from the people who lost the fridge. They says, is everyone fine. I reply we're ok. They say, OK lets go. NO NO NO Hold your horses. I'm fine but my bumper is a little roughed up. They ask how bad. My reply was. "Well, lets see. I just HIT A GOD DAMN REFRIDGERATOR AT 75 MPH on THE GOD DAMN INTERSTATE, IT'S GOING TO LEAVE A MARK" Mississippi's finest arrive to make the report and get me on my way. What a way to start the new year. 2006 is definately off on the right foot. Of course on the way home I'm listening to the song "HERE COMES THE BOOM" Lol.
Pics are attached of my truck. There was nothing left of the fridge to take a pic of.

LA_MERC_Temp
January 2nd, 2006, 09:33 AM
DAMN, u got lucky the truck didnt get hurt worse. This story reminded me of a friend of mine who did sorta the same thing except the refrigerator was a dead horse and the 4x4 ford was a little honda civic, haha. he said when he hit the horse he ramped like the general lee, haha.

now u have to turn this accident into an excuse to put another accessory on your truck. maybe a new bumber with a wench on it, haha.

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 2nd, 2006, 09:43 AM
Just them good ole boys....

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 2nd, 2006, 09:45 AM
Holy crap...good thing you have a big truck! Glad everyone is ok

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 2nd, 2006, 09:57 AM
I definately know what you mean Temp. My little brother hit a live horse with his 86 stingray. The damage was catastrophic. I will definately use the money to get a good bumper with a mount since I already have a 9600i Warn winch I need to put on it.

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 2nd, 2006, 11:16 AM
OMG poor Andy, yeah same thing happenend to me with a piece of sheet metal, my bumper and a yukon going 80....here comes the boom.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 2nd, 2006, 11:21 AM
Well, as long as it was a fridge. Try 2 pine trees at 75 miles an hour!

Daedelus
January 2nd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Nice job Andy definatly good thing you had your truck up front. i remeber having something similar happen i was flying down the fast lane and seen a mattress in the back of this guys truck go flying and cart wheeling up in the wind i thought nothing of it driving in my suburban on 44's.I laughed thinking it was the matress didnt relize untill i plowed over it adn i actually felt the bump that it wasnt the matress but the box spring.i felt so bad shattering that wood to pieces but i kept going on my marry way.

LA_MERC_Drax
January 2nd, 2006, 12:13 PM
Good thing you hit in your truck, better to mess up the POS ford than a nice yukon :stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 2nd, 2006, 12:24 PM
You realize Justin that my truck will bite you next time you try to ride in her. She's very touchy. You can call me a POS all day and I'll laugh and we'll go get a drink but she doesn't forget (like most women).

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 2nd, 2006, 12:31 PM
Found
On
Refridgerator
Damaged
lol....I hit a ladder (24' aluminum ext.) going north on I-25 out of Denverville. I was driving my '82 GMC w/ 35" tires, 4" lift ( baby I know!) and it kicked up into two cars behind me. Mexicano crew that couldn't speak good english were really pissed at me. I didn't understand because if I broke it they didn't have to climb it?!?:dont

LA_MERC_Shadow
January 2nd, 2006, 01:35 PM
At least that's all the damaged it caused.

Since everyone's telling stories of the sort....

My friends dad was driving down the intertate in slidell a couple of years ago and was in back of a truck with two matresses not tied down but with a two guys holding it down. It was all good at about 45 mph until the sped up to 70 and the matress started flapping. The next thing he knows the matress comes flying off the truck at his car with a guy attached.....the dumb ass had hopped on top the mattress as it took flight. He went for a brief flight of about a hundred feet and landed head first, killed him on the spot.

Kinda morbid but I found it humorous.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 2nd, 2006, 01:57 PM
I once ran over a two wheel drive nissan p/u from texas. I hit him about 85 mph when he was doing 55 mph on I-25 4 mles south of Cheyenne, WY. I was sleeping until my p/u went vertical and when I came down O had no clue what I hit. I get out of the truck start walking the barrow ditch alongside the interstate and come across a set of dirty carharts. I thought I hit a bum, run to the front of my truck and see a pretty shade of nissan maroon on the bumper, and steering stabilizer. Of course freaking out I think it is dried blood or something. More looking, when I find a camp grille that one would carry in a backpack. Freak out some more. Then walking I stumble on something, I look down, and to my relief, a nissan tailgate bent into a nice U shape. I was so relieved. Look down the ditch and notice the outline of a truck in the distance. I jump in, fire up the truck, and drive down there. I broke both bedsides, blew a rear tire, shoved the bed into the cab, which decided to reach out into the front end. Also broke one set of leaf springs, and cracked the rear axle tube. All on his truck, mine: Shallow dent in the bumper, chunk of tread missing out of tire, and a bent steering stabilizer. They were leaving for texas the next morning. That is why I drive dolphin killers.

SweetGirL
January 2nd, 2006, 01:59 PM
You realize Justin that my truck will bite you next time you try to ride in her. She's very touchy. You can call me a POS all day and I'll laugh and we'll go get a drink but she doesn't forget (like most women).

OMG OMG OMG!!!! Oh, oh, oh Mista Kotter! Man, oh man, at the things I want to say.....but I forgot!!! :help

I think it was VERY wise to take one for the team; you'd have paid dear hell from your wife if you hadn't. Of course, decisions like that can be a double-edged sword...damned if you do, damned if you don't. Glad it worked out for the best, and everyone is safe.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 2nd, 2006, 02:10 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!! Oh, oh, oh Mista Kotter! Man, oh man, at the things I want to say.....but I forgot!!! :help

I was told by my pappy once......I prolly shouldn't, but here goes.........If it has t*ts or headl*ghts it is always a girl.:stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 2nd, 2006, 04:40 PM
lol, i need to start getting stickers for the side of my truck (like the red barron has airplanes stickers for planes he's shot down) for the things I've run over. To date my truck has successfully run over a chest-of-drawers, a voltswagen beattle, a bicycle, a 3 wheeler, a shopping cart, a large road working barrell (actually it was Reed or Robby who took that one out), 2 stop signs, numerous cones, and now a refridgerator.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 3rd, 2006, 07:24 AM
dang andy...I'm glad that the fridge wasn't Canadian made...you may have gotten air-borne with those big tires. I'm glad nobody was hurt.

LA_MERC_BS
January 3rd, 2006, 07:42 AM
Sayyyyyy is that a Superlift you have on that thing? I was looking at the photos and noticed it.
I actually knew you had a superlift I was just opening the door for you to brag about it again.

SweetGirL
January 3rd, 2006, 08:18 AM
Sayyyyyy is that a Superlift you have on that thing? I was looking at the photos and noticed it.
I actually knew you had a superlift I was just opening the door for you to brag about it again.

ahahaha!! Compensating for something there, Andy?? :stick *raspberries*

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 3rd, 2006, 09:45 AM

great...now you 've opened the door to more twisted sex appeal talk

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 3rd, 2006, 09:47 AM
LMAO...we all love Andy...you only mock those you love..isnt that right spotted ape? :)

SweetGirL
January 3rd, 2006, 11:11 AM
...isnt that right spotted ape? :)

they're talkin' about ya again, Drax :stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 3rd, 2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah its a nice truck with some accesories. I won't bore you ladies and gentlemen with the details. I however have not compensated for anything. And bragging about size is a double edged sword. Yeah the girls may like the size but truth be known I wish it were a little smaller so it wouldn't bother their jaw muscles as much.

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 3rd, 2006, 12:02 PM
:confused:
are we still talking about your truck?!?
:p:

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 3rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
wth does jaw muscles have to do with a truck?

LA_MERC_goose
January 3rd, 2006, 12:34 PM
Is it 'Jaw dropping' material? lol

LA_MERC_Drax
January 3rd, 2006, 01:30 PM
they're talkin' about ya again, Drax :stick

Those spots came off with a weeks worth a pills...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 3rd, 2006, 04:44 PM
You know, Sam said compensate, so I mentioned I wished. If it were a little smaller then I could get from them more of what I wanted. And for the dense ones, no we're not still talking about trucks.

Biggs
January 3rd, 2006, 04:51 PM
nasty

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==