PDA

View Full Version : What did you get/ask for Christmas???

Wyrm_f00d
December 24th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Just interested to hear about what everyone got for Christmas...

If you have pics of what you got or what you asked for, i think that would be fun to see...

I'll try to post my "Haul" tomorrow evening sometime...

Merry Christmas to all, and may you give more headshots than you receive...

:xmas1 :xmas6

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 25th, 2005, 05:22 AM
So far I've received partially paid flight instruction (for as long as I want to do it) and a French Horn (I miss playing music...and the French Horn is just awesome). More to come today...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 25th, 2005, 07:00 AM
A bag of Switches, and a lump of coal... :( :(:( :(:( :(:( :(:( :(:( :(:( :(:( :(:( :(:( :(:( :(:( :(:( :(

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
December 25th, 2005, 08:40 AM
I received the new Logitech headset.....I can now understand Drift when he talks,
and the promise of really cool stuff for Birthday/Christmas combined. My b-day is Jan 7. Maybe BF2 soon....who knows.

BigOne
December 25th, 2005, 09:56 AM
i got me a nice leather jacket really awesome

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 25th, 2005, 11:02 AM
What kind of French Horn Scott? Single or Double?

the noxious
December 25th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Dragon Quest 8 and We Love Katamari for the ps2.

Daedelus
December 25th, 2005, 03:18 PM
well so far i got just what i asked for i got my XFX g-force 6600 GT video card.
Battle field 2 and expansion set(special forces) and i was so supprissed from my mother in law i got this great hard bound leather book from oarnge county choppers. it sweet got a big metal O.C.C circl on front cover it looks like it riveted on, and probably 100+ pages showing all the bikes and how them make them, it is just awsome. I like it better than the signed jesse james (west coast choppers book) she got me last year,now i just got to work on getting the book signed.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 25th, 2005, 03:20 PM
It's a double, Max...pretty nice. I've even still got my mouthpiece (at home), so I'm looking forward to playing!

Wyrm_f00d
December 26th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Well... i got nothing terribly exciting.... a nice wallet from my sister some clothes from teh, soon to be, mother & padre in law.. some nice green stuff from my folks, and some luggage... Now I got the book "Nepoleon Dynomite: Flippin Sweet"... it is a flip book tht when you flip thru the pages, it shows Nepoleon's sweet dance.... too kewl... I also received a book of, what i like to call, useless knowlege.... good stuff to bore your friends or impress... a f** that... it is just fun to read that sorta junk... hope everyone had a nice Christmas...

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 26th, 2005, 05:55 AM
That OCC book sounds pretty cool. I saw that at Sam's but they were all shrink-wrapped- good way to sell a book geniuses...

SweetGirL
December 26th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Yeah, hope everyone had a really nice Christmas! Santa was good to me...from all directions of the planet - family in France & friends from around the States getting in touch with us. Hmmm, I've got about 28 colorful bags of stuff on my couch @ this moment - hard to remember what's all in there! lol I just know that my Christmas was peaceful & relaxing; I spent the day with lots of people that are special to me. I wish I could have been in 80 degree weather sipping an ice cold beer on the white beaches of Gulf Shores though.

LA_MERC_JESTER
December 26th, 2005, 07:49 AM
I got the proverbal tie and socks christmas..... lol,, but o well, better than nothing huh!!!

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 26th, 2005, 07:55 AM
i got a rock

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 26th, 2005, 08:01 AM
1. 1/35 Scale Academy Black Hawk Model, Sweet! Nice Detail.
2. 40 Year Old Virgin, Unrated; Freakin Funny as hell with a lot more Boobies!!!
3. Nice Chopstick set
4. 20 inch Dell Wide Screen Flat Panel; already had this one but it was a present
5. Chocolate Cranberry Frogs; their already gone....
6. Money!!!!
7. Classic Army M249 SAW; Airsoft gun that the wife partial paid as a christmas gift.
8. Gift Cards...
I made out all right this year.

LA_MERC_Spark
December 27th, 2005, 07:23 AM
This year was good to me. As I run down this list please rember to wipe to drool from your chins my boys..

2 BFG tech 7800 GTX 512's
asus A8N32 SLI Delux
ENERMAX Liberty 620W Power Supply
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo
CORSAIR XMS 2GB 3500LLPRO
4 Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro 8
SONY IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1615/B2s
SONY IDE DVD Burner Model DRU810A
A case of my choice. Haven't decided which yet. Gota decide between liquid or air cooling first.

Oh yaeh... I also got a couple shirts, a wallet, some shot glasses, a VERY nice cold steel butterfly knife, and beast of all....... my wife and kids are back in NOLA for the first time since the storm!!!

Now... if you want to know how to get your wife to sign off on $5000 woth of computer goodness let me explain. All you gota do, in my case anyway, is to buy her a $4000 emerald cut saphire and diamond ring with a matching pair of diamond and saphire earrings. Simple as that! Actually, truth be told, I got them for a really good price. Like half off. One of my jujitsu instructor's is a jeweler.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 27th, 2005, 08:13 AM
I also got a broken down minivan in Winnie texas (in addition to my rock)....which is the heart of hurricane Rita. This was last thursday, today I find out that they have no service capabilities other than changing a tire due to the hurricane. I had to rent a car to get home so that I wasn't spending Christmas in a hotel room.......lucky to get a car too....So now I have to find plan c...tow the bastard to baytown (30 miles) just to get checked out.

LA_MERC_BS
December 27th, 2005, 09:33 AM
I too got a rock.

Nah actually I got the usual daddy gifts, clothes, sweets, DVD's and personal hygene products. I bought myself a new computer and new motorcycle a few months ago as an early Christmas present.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 27th, 2005, 10:29 AM
got 2 Cleveland CG11 Wedges a 54 and 60 degree,
$500 in BB gift cards--->xbox 360 wireless nic, Logitech G15 keyboard, Geek Squad 750W surge protector, future games
Plenty of LSU gear.
I already have on order what Spark got :stick
system Spec stealer!!! :p:
Spark I cancelled my cyber power sys, and reordered from www.aacdirect.com, I felt like dealing with Americans and was tired of the wishy washiness of CP, and they helped me build a killer fast rig, should have it the first week of January.

LA_MERC_Spark
December 27th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I just looked at them today. Expensive I thought. Though I'm not including water cooling in my rig just yet. All the hardware is from newegg.. including a nice Lian-li case ill be taking a saw to! still I'm coming out just over $4000. Send me specs damn you!

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 27th, 2005, 02:15 PM
ahhh yoou suck...you have my case as well...is that the v1000...something, something...lol
Yeah they are expensive, but good quality, I could not go for the liquid cooling as it was going to take too long, so I am going stock air cooled...it should be plenty fast enough :)

LA_MERC_Spark
December 27th, 2005, 04:07 PM
yeah its the v1000 something :P Pretty nice, and I should have no problem chopping it up :)

Wyrm_f00d
December 27th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Well... i purchased myself another little Christmas present...

I got the Saitek 290 pro... i will hopefully get to use it pretty soon... Biggs,T4rg3t, or anyone else willing to donate time and advise... it would be much appreciated{sp}...

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 27th, 2005, 04:56 PM
yeah its the v1000 something :P Pretty nice, and I should have no problem chopping it up :)

c00l...the only snaz I am getting is a red led exhaust fan and a blue led intake fan...maybe I can come over and we can trick out the rest...

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
December 27th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Well my three big gifts were my truck paying off, making Corporal at work (payraise with that :) ) and the deer that I killed this year being mounted. Other than that some movies, clothes, hunitng stuff, etc.

Pic of the deer that I killed.

LA_MERC_Spark
December 28th, 2005, 07:06 AM
c00l...the only snaz I am getting is a red led exhaust fan and a blue led intake fan...maybe I can come over and we can trick out the rest...

let me know dadio. I'll introduce you to da lab. Careful though.... the lab can be dangerous... esp. after a couple b33rs.

Nice deer Henry.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 28th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Nice deer Henry, I've been waiting to see the pic.

I didn't get anything for Christmas really, we skipped presents mostly this year and went to Disney World for a week. I think it was worth it and the kids still got a few presents from us and both sets of grandparents.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 28th, 2005, 06:29 PM
I wanted an ipod or Sirius satelite radio. I got both...lol. Roby got me the S50 which is Sirius + a detachable mp3 player that holds 25 hrs and can record Sirius so I can listen to shows later...very sweet. The antenna is magnetic so I just pop it on top of the patrol car and listen to it all day. Nothing like blasting death metal from a balck and white while cruising the ghetto.

I also got a Creative Labs 2.1 speaker system and a new Plantronics headset/mic.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 28th, 2005, 06:31 PM
http://www.sirius.com/gs/s50/

so sweet

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==