PDA

View Full Version : Tony's (From the Might be a Cajun thread)...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 23rd, 2005, 03:25 PM
You guys have got me hooked on this stuff. I can't belive I'd never heard of it before...

Anyway - I was shopping today and saw Tony's Jambalaya mix, so I'm cooking that now - smells a lot different from Zatarains...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 23rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
Ok - it finished simmering and I ate a plate full - wow, this is much better than Zatarains! I can't believe I'm just now discovering this stuff!!!

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 23rd, 2005, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the coonass experience

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
December 23rd, 2005, 04:14 PM
Welcome to the coonass experience

LMFAO....heheeeheheehe....hahahahahhaa.......LOL.: doh

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
December 23rd, 2005, 04:15 PM
Can someone get coonassed?

Biggs
December 23rd, 2005, 04:26 PM
coonassed is a state of mind......i prefer it

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 23rd, 2005, 05:04 PM
Louisiana has many implant coonasses. Once you get a taste of here you are never the same and everything else seems bland.

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 23rd, 2005, 07:16 PM
Ok - it finished simmering and I ate a plate full - wow, this is much better than Zatarains! I can't believe I'm just now discovering this stuff!!!

hmmm Not sure about that. I find the Tony's a little weaker. Did you use a sausage with it?

But, being in SC, it doesn't matter to you, get whatever you cnan of the Jambalaya, Dirty Rice, Red Beans, etc...

And BTW, the Zatarains plant id about 3/4 mile from my house. Nice smell in the morning when the wind blows from that direction. Almost as good as when the coffee plants can be smelled...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 23rd, 2005, 07:44 PM
I just liked the way the Tony's cooked up better...had a better texture, or it coulda just been that i cooked it better...lol...and yeah I used smoked sausage.

BTW - the only Zatarain's products I DONT like are the microwave dishes...I've yet to find one I like. My new fav. Zat's dish is the Smothered Chicken (it just started showing up around here).

I'm in love w/ the Tony's seasoning though...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==