PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 – 1.2 Update

toE_TaG
December 13th, 2005, 12:16 PM
found this information here: http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14052

New information on the 1.2 Update:

Hi all,

We are currently working on the next Battlefield 2 update. We believe this update has some significant improvements that everyone will appreciate. We’ve seen the discussions on the forum and will do our best to address as many issues as possible, as soon as possible.

Here is a quick run down of just some of the issues we have been working on.

- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- The Sa80 weapon has been improved
- The G3A3 weapon has been improved
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
- Damage decreased for the M134
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.

We'll be announcing further additions to this list, but that will have to wait until the next update. This is NOT the complete list of items we are working on. As we have more items go through testing and we are sure of a change we will update you.

For now, cheers.

Armando "Aj" Marini
Battlefield Team

Biggs
December 13th, 2005, 12:36 PM
ok the 8 missile thing is ghey.
tv guided has shorter range is ghey
reduced hitpoints is ghey

i just think to many nubs whine about the game so EA will put out patches to make bf2 for kindergardners who's parents wont let them play dodgeball becuase its too physical and that game breeds compitetion.

for god sake....we live in a time where the "******* of america" is common.....f this poop

**edited by LA_MERC_T4rg3T**

LA_MERC_Onji
December 13th, 2005, 12:51 PM
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced --- yes!!

- AA missile lock has been improved --- yes!!

- "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible --- HELLL YES!!!!

- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time --- yes!!

- Reload while sprinting has been enabled --- HELL YES!!!! (hopefully they fixed it where while sprinting you can pull up your map, and adjust your minimap size at the same time)

toE_TaG
December 13th, 2005, 12:56 PM
can't say i'm too thrilled with the reduction of hit points on the choppers. as it is choppers have to worry about planes & ground to air fire... the reduction in missles doesn't mean much if you're a good shot, but the reduction in the range of the tv guided seems a bit pevish.

toe

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 13th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Okay totally nerfing the freakin combat helo's sux donkeyballz!!! I am not getting into cannon's and guided missile's. I am strictly talking about the reduction of the rocket pod all round. The rockets are not guided and a standard rocket pod can carry between:

Mi-28: four containers each with twenty 80 mm unguided rockets (total eighty 80 mm rockets) or with five 122 mm rockets (total twenty 122 mm rockets) (which would ROCK!!!!)

Super Cobra: 70mm rocket pods (7- and 19-shot)

Chinese WZ-10: By guesstimations it carries an 19 shot rocket pod.

Now reducing the Cobra would be fine but leave my damn MEC Chopper alone!!!!!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 13th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I hope the AA actually does something against planes now. Planes are the only present vehicle in the game that HAS TO BE taken out by another vehicle of the same type. Nothing on the ground can touch a plane but planes and rain down bomb after bomb upon every other vehicle in the game without challange.

All these changes seem to be good. I didn't have a problem with shooting while jumping but glad the dolphine diving will be fixed.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 13th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I wish they would remove some of the splash damage from that damn MEC chopper cannon.. lol

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 13th, 2005, 01:27 PM
ROFL!!!

After all that last night I still haven't been "AWARDED" my next rank! I guess I will have to get on for a few minutes tonight to get it.

Biggs
December 13th, 2005, 01:31 PM
thats so poop though...

the choppers need those dang rockets cause the damage they cause isnt much anyway..its hard enough to dog fight in choppers as it is...now u only get half the ammo....

and what the hell is a sa80?

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 13th, 2005, 01:48 PM
SA80 AKA L85A1

toE_TaG
December 13th, 2005, 01:53 PM
i'd rather give up rockets than hitpoints :\

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 13th, 2005, 01:57 PM
sweet. I freakin hate dolphin divers...and I like the AA lock fix...finally...(I realize I haven't played the game long enough to REALLY be upset about this...but still)

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 13th, 2005, 02:11 PM
lol They should call it the ground pounder update

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 13th, 2005, 02:33 PM
a whole new meaning to "GPU"

LA_MERC_goose
December 13th, 2005, 02:34 PM
"Prone Spamming" is now fixed
huh? Does this mean Andy can't spam while in the prone position?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 13th, 2005, 02:56 PM
huh? Does this mean Andy can't spam while in the prone position?

What do you mean. Prone is when I do my best spamming.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 13th, 2005, 03:55 PM
lmao...it still has some time and I just hope they fix that bunny diving, dolphin hoping bs and fix the AA, reduced hp would not be a problem, if they just fix the AA. Pilots should fear the AA...not the other way around.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 13th, 2005, 04:09 PM
lmao...it still has some time and I just hope they fix that bunny diving, dolphin hoping bs and fix the AA, reduced hp would not be a problem, if they just fix the AA. Pilots should fear the AA...not the other way around.

Damn straight, right now you can almost see that big ass grin on the pilots face as they dive down on an AA site and bomb it. Hell, they are so confident that they usually don't waist bombs and just gun it down.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 13th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Pilots should fear the AA...not the other way around.

amen brotha! preach on!

toE_TaG
December 13th, 2005, 04:22 PM
so much h8 for the planes!

Biggs
December 13th, 2005, 04:25 PM
i already got the aa on lock no matter how much they upgrade....

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 17th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I recall they were supposed to fix the AA last update. Here we are complaining about it so I guess it wasn't much of a fix.

Most sounds good although the reduction of HP on choppers and planes may be overkill. If they just get the AA to work properly they can keep the HP.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==