PDA

View Full Version : second attempt

LA_MERC_Spark
December 8th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Ok so I've spent a couple days learning about this map editor. I still have a long way to go, but this map is playable. Give it a look. www.lamerc.com/uploads/map_02.zip you need to put the map_02 folder in c:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battelfield 2\mods\bf2\levels folder... Then:
Launch BF2.
In the main menu, click on “Multiplayer”, then “Create Local”.
Find “map_02 – 16” in the map list. (it will have listings for 16, 32, and 64 players. Just choose 16)
Add it to the “Chosen Maps” list.
Click “Start Server”.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 10th, 2005, 01:47 PM
One thing I noticed Spark for future developement is to have the notice show up on screen that you are out of bounds and your going to be shot. I was flying the heli around to check out the map and all the sudden I started taking damage. Pretty awsome though, I'd love to do that stuff but my time is severly limited.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 10th, 2005, 02:11 PM
gj Spark I will try it out tonight, when I get home from work.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 10th, 2005, 07:00 PM
yeah man your picking up on it fast
now its time to tweak. like the water, and lighting etc. still better than i could do so early on. gj man

Biggs
December 11th, 2005, 05:03 PM
ok sparky,
we need to collaborate on the "NOLA: Day 2" map

LA_MERC_Spark
December 12th, 2005, 01:14 PM
lol! thanks for checkin it out... There's a lot more to learn... And the editor is still in beta so it needs work as well. Biggs my man... Get me some sketches. Give me a call if you head down NOLA way. Check the members info post for contact numbers. Anyone else that has an intrest and time to do this stuff please speak up. Thinking of modding some buildings and vehicles. It would be great to have a merc made custom map for the next LAN.

Biggs
December 12th, 2005, 01:40 PM
spark...

i got plenty of ideas that i should get to u, i would like to try and learn how to do this kinda stuff as well but i am just bf2 editor retarded.

maybe, if u are cool with it, we can try to get the NOLA map in playing condition for our next lan....i think it would be sweetness.

LA_MERC_Spark
December 12th, 2005, 02:11 PM
lol! biggs R B clicking ho! get wit me mang... we'll come up with something cool.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==