PDA

View Full Version : How do i make music songs into mp3's

Biggs
December 8th, 2005, 01:06 PM
ok so i wanna take music from cd's and turn them into mp3's

i have a portable cd player that reads mp3's and i would like to just have like on cd with a boat load of music on it. also i have media player 10 and it wont let me do it.

what do i need to have to convert to mp3?
how do i do it?
about how many mp3 songs can i fit on to a cd?

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 8th, 2005, 01:16 PM
wow! you more of a nub than me...is that even possible? Until now, I didn't think so.. :stick

There is a zillion mp3 file converters out there. Musicmatch is a free good one...and it's pretty easy to figure out. do a google on 'musicmatch' and download the free version.

you can fit a crap load of songs on one cd...it all depends on the quality of the songs you rip. (hours of music)

LA_MERC_Onji
December 8th, 2005, 01:18 PM
CDEX
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cdexos/cdex_151.exe?use_mirror=easynews

end of thread :)

Biggs
December 8th, 2005, 01:28 PM
well, i can take computers apart and put stuff in them...kinda like working on cars...that comes easy

but when it comes to programs and stuff like that, i suc bookoo

Biggs
December 8th, 2005, 01:37 PM
thanks for the sig and the cdex thing onji

another question though :) do i extract to wav or mpeg?

is mpeg=mp3?

LA_MERC_Onji
December 8th, 2005, 03:55 PM
another question though :) do i extract to wav or mpeg?
is mpeg=mp3?

na, just put your music cd in, start cdex. your gonna want it to go out and grab the names of the songs etc for you. (just click the 2nd to last button on the vertical toolbar on the right)

if you get an error about it complaining it needs an email address, just click options at the top then click settings, and goto the remote CDDB tab, and put a fake email in and click ok, and try again.

after you have that set, just highlight what songs you wanna rip, and click the 2nd button on the toolbar on the right (extract cd tracks to compressed audio files) it will then start ripping directly to mp3 files. (it saves them in the mydocuments/mymusic folder by default)

JUNKY
December 16th, 2005, 10:52 AM
audiograbber is awesome as well
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

If you install the LAME encoder - then you can encode the MP3's at up to 320kb bitrate - wich is pretty high quality for MP3 audio, although it creates a much larger file than a 192.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 16th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I've been using audiograbber for about 6-7 years

LA_MERC_Temp
December 16th, 2005, 12:11 PM
i'm a musicmatch man myself.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==