PDA

View Full Version : CDKEY Invalid Fix

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
November 29th, 2005, 06:30 AM
If for some reason you nubs get the same problem I was having with the Invalid CDKEY here is the fix.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support.

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with the game. Sometimes a conflict in the updated files can prevent the game from properly identifying your CD-key. Usually, refreshing your CD-key will resolve the issue. Note that this will only correct the error if you used the same Windows account to install, patch, and troubleshoot the game. If you have switched Windows accounts at any point it is recommended you uninstall, reinstall, and repatch using the same Windows login.
Open My Computer.
Open the Program Files folder.
Open the EA Games folder.
Open the Battlefield 2 folder.
Open the Support folder.
Double-click on the Battlefield 2_code.exe.
Type in your CD-key as listed on the back of the manual and click Next.
The window will close (your serial number is now refreshed in the registry).

If you still experience the error, trying reinstalling the patch files to correct any improper updates. The 1.12 patch is located at http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/specialforces/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_112205

If the issue persists, you will need to uninstall the game completely and then reinstall and repatch to completely remove and replace corrupted files.

Click here for instructions on manually uninstalling the game from your system.
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8986&p_created=1119312427

Please check your game version. This can be found at the lower left hand corner of the Main screen under the Quit button.
Un-patched version of the game is 1.0.2442.0
Patched version 1.1 is 1.1.2475.0
Patched version 1.02 is 1.1.2484.0
Patched version 1.03 is 1.1.2551.0
Patch version 1.12 is 1.1.2554.356. This is not an incremental patch, you will not need install any of the original Battlefield 2 patches.
Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase http://ea.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10914

Please email us about any significant change or development with your issue and let me know if there are any questions at all about this.

Thank you for choosing EA Games!

Victor O
Electronics Arts Technical Support

Hope this helps!

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 29th, 2005, 06:48 AM
hmmmm....is there a hax possibility in here somewhere?????

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 29th, 2005, 07:08 AM
yep, only Biggs can get away with it :stick

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 29th, 2005, 07:13 AM
I figured it had happened before. That was a pretty quick response considering its EA.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
November 29th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Well I didn't get the response back until 3:00 am this morning. Last night I had to re-install my game cause I didn't know better. At least if this happens to someone else we know the fix.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==