PDA

View Full Version : BF2S

Pages : [1] 2

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 28th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Why isn't BF2S updating my stats. I've been a first seargent for days now and bf2s still shows me with only 18,781 global points. I see everyone elses updating but mine. Who in the BF2s world have I pissed off now.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 28th, 2005, 07:06 AM
P.S. I also fot the vet medic and the vet pistol last night, woot. It would be nice to see a little more silver on my sig but since bf2s has seen fit to forget me I guess that's not going to happen.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 28th, 2005, 07:14 AM
somebody call the wahmbulance! OoOoOo

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 28th, 2005, 07:15 AM
lmao why you Andy?

hacker!!
Yeah I need all my purty special forces badges on there as well...hmmm
Onji help us!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 28th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Did a little research and found that it is an XMS feed problem with EA since thier latest patch. For some reason on some (You know I would be one of those) people are not able to get stats updated. I've had problems with EA since day one. Basically I spent 30 dollars for special forces to hate it and have it screw me over with stats. Thanks EA, you ****ing ass hats.

Biggs
November 28th, 2005, 08:10 AM
yeah our sigs dont include the bfsf stats as of now.....maybe in the near future they will though....but i dont care, as i think bfsf sucks andy's balls. and i will only play it if all of u guys are on bfsf and yall are like "but biggs...just come play in the dark with us....dont worry you wont die 37 in 6 minutes.....the night vision is cool..."

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 28th, 2005, 08:37 AM
call dispatch we need another wahmbulance! lol

Biggs
November 28th, 2005, 08:57 AM
woot. my k/d is 4.00.....i quit!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 28th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Robby, since you fail to ever even boot the game up except for one time every millineum, why don't you ZIP IT and let the adults have a conversation.

Now who was that said they were going to suck Andy's balls.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 28th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Hey now, I don't want to wear out my copy of the game.

And about that sucking, I was wondering why you always buddy'ed up in those aircraft! :doh

LA_MERC_Onji
November 28th, 2005, 09:26 AM
yeah mine hasnt updated in a while now. its not bf2s's fault, its the xml feed andy was referring to.

LA_MERC_Spark
November 28th, 2005, 09:41 AM
LMAO @ wahmbulance!

LA_MERC_Temp
November 28th, 2005, 09:49 AM
what about the wamburger and french cries?

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 28th, 2005, 11:18 AM
you guys are sick...lmao...
No wonder andy was always by the Jet intakes :p:
BF:SF does not suck....da gas ownz you!

Biggs
November 28th, 2005, 11:33 AM
ok i'll be honest...bfsf is cool when i get to fly the hind.

Biggs
November 28th, 2005, 11:35 AM
oh......i also like beans...lima, pinto, red, black, green, ..........

Biggs
November 28th, 2005, 11:36 AM
refried, canned, blackeyed, lentil, white.......

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 28th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Lol

Biggs
November 28th, 2005, 12:01 PM
...those jumping beans are good too.....

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 28th, 2005, 12:24 PM
and you like spam as well? :p:

we Katrina'd those foos 9th ward style in tanks on warlord, it has some good maps, but the night maps are just too crazy.

Biggs
November 28th, 2005, 12:55 PM
yeah we did.

warlord and the maps with the hinds are really fun, but all the night maps and those lacking vehicles are not my style.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 29th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Ok, I see where they released the new XMS feeds today but apparently it's not helping my problem. BFHQ is updating but my BF2S profile is not. ANyone heard anything on this.

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 29th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Andy when he looks at his stats!! :p:--->http://img.slickdeals.net/images/smilies2/blowup.gif

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 30th, 2005, 07:03 AM
LMFAO, Do any of you guys realize that your stats aren't updating either. Good joob nubs. Call me Uber and you didn't even realize you were hacked. Just another proof that IGNORANCE IS BLISS. You guys are some extremely happy ****ers.

Biggs
November 30th, 2005, 07:13 AM
hey man...score isnt everything...we enjoy the game not our scores....lol

LA_MERC_Spark
November 30th, 2005, 07:45 AM
ROFLMAO @ Big D :roll

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 30th, 2005, 12:06 PM
I enjoy getting credit for my badges when I get slaughtered ground pounding becuase I'm running around with C4, pistol, or knife trying to get badges. To me part of the game is the challenge of getting some of these ribbons, badges, and medals. Granted score isn't everything, but for me its something. I like it. I want it, I need it. You will respect my authoriti

LA_MERC_Onji
November 30th, 2005, 12:10 PM
here is a temp place to see your updated stats:
http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 30th, 2005, 12:33 PM
nice, thanks O

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 30th, 2005, 01:36 PM
The people are the main reason I play, but a lot of times I can only play when no one else is on. So getting the badges and ribbons is a ton of fun and gives me something to shoot for. Notice I still don't have my aerial or anti-air ribbons, which basically everyone with 10 hours of game play has. But I recently got the always slipping through your grasp knife awards. I've gotten 7 kills in a round twice now, but the first one never registered so I recieved both my basic and veteran knife badges at the same time just 2 days ago. My only theory why that happened is because I have enough knife kills to get my expert badge. I've played 5 or 6 whole rounds trying to get my knife badge and 10 or 15 partial rounds in the attempt. The partials were when I would only have 2 or 3 kills with 50 or so tickets left so I would give up.

Point is the badges are lots of fun to try to get for yourself, but for some badges you need some help. Namely the ones that have a teamwork requirement, like the Legion of Merit ribbon. There are a few of us that are eligible so we need to work together and get that one, 200 hours of play and 50 teamwork points in a round.

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 30th, 2005, 02:27 PM
yeah that one is hard, I am trying hard to get it, it used to be easy until everyone left the blackhawk whoring

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 1st, 2005, 06:48 AM
I think if we get a good blackhawking map, and our commander is one of us on TS we could do it. Have the commander do scans and set up uav's so we know if there are enemies at the CP's. With 6 people we can take CP's in like 5 seconds so anyone near by will see it go to neutral than ours before they can even turn around. We just need to do the old theory where we leave them 1 or 2 CP's so they can take other CP's for us to retake. Kinda like the old 300 point rounds we used to do.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 1st, 2005, 07:32 AM
Thank god, for a minute there I thought I was the only stat ***** in the bunch.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 1st, 2005, 07:57 AM
Yeah I think we need to work on that strat, and it is one that is underutilized now.
We did it to perfection on that 293-0 round. We had a 6 man blackhawk squad and then we had Target's Trecherous Tank Squad...on a flying map we can have Biggs providing CAS (close air support)

The blackhawk is just as powerful as it always was, it is just you have to get out for the captures and then get back in, so it is a little more difficult, but can be done with us chunking out nades and the person we are supporting being support.

so easy medal strat are 5 engies 1 support in the blackpot with either or both a tank and air division depending on how many we have and the map

the other team will be like WTF!! :headshot

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 1st, 2005, 08:00 AM
Thank god, for a minute there I thought I was the only stat ***** in the bunch.

don't be silly!!!
lol it is what made the CS server so popular and the game as a whole so popular, everyone loves stats and a good reference for comparison, and BF2 has captured that, but takes the stats to a whole new level.

Biggs
December 1st, 2005, 08:09 AM
gessh, u guys are all worried about stats, man i play the game to elax and have some fun......<- bull****, i know

LA_MERC_goose
December 1st, 2005, 08:26 AM
I play because you guys play! :D

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 1st, 2005, 10:10 AM
I must agree with Goose there! I like BF2 but it is a way lot cooler to play with you nubs all together!

I am always up for a bit of Blackhawk Hworeing!! My best BlackHworeing round was 341 pts!! Yeah get some!!

LA_MERC_goose
December 1st, 2005, 10:24 AM
My best BlackHworeing round was 341 pts!! Yeah get some!!

I would like to call RAPE! :stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 1st, 2005, 11:58 AM
Granted I play BF2 becuase you guys are there. BUT to me stats are a big part. It generated a lot of interest in CS and its doing the same in BF2. The best part about online gaming in being able to play with your friends that live far off. That is the number one thing but stats sure are fun. Having a goal to reach is better than the mindless spawn, kill, die, spawn, kill, die of some of the FPS like Quake, Tribes, Doom, etc. I want stats and goals, woohoo.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 1st, 2005, 12:16 PM
Granted I play BF2 becuase you guys are there. BUT to me stats are a big part. It generated a lot of interest in CS and its doing the same in BF2. The best part about online gaming in being able to play with your friends that live far off. That is the number one thing but stats sure are fun. Having a goal to reach is better than the mindless spawn, kill, die, spawn, kill, die of some of the FPS like Quake, Tribes, Doom, etc. I want stats and goals, woohoo.

so what your saying is, your pretty bored at lans cause there aint no stats?

lol jk, i see what your saying.

on another note Andy, go here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

and read the top news article, its what youve been waiting for.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 2nd, 2005, 07:24 AM
LOL, Darren you know as well as I that LANS are a whole different animal. Fun doesn't even begin to describe them. Also, I was on top of the dameon tools update for 64 OS the second it came out. I've used it a lot and I love it like I did the 32 bit version. Go Dameon Tools. A great piece of free software. BUT, Do you know how to disable the websearch crap it installs when loading. That's kinda annoying. I simply go cntrl-alt-del and end task but there has to be a way to dissable it. Maybe I can take it out of the start menu. ANy way I saw it. Thanks

LA_MERC_Onji
December 2nd, 2005, 07:33 AM
LOL, Darren you know as well as I that LANS are a whole different animal. Fun doesn't even begin to describe them.

ANy way I saw it. Thanks

lol, was just trying to get a rise out of you about the lan comment. Also I asked a friend on the daemontools thing, and he said that during the install the is an option now to not install that ad crap. I cant test it tho :(

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 2nd, 2005, 07:43 AM
LOL, A rise out of me. I'm so dossile. You know I don't flare up, little ole me. Lol. I know and you did, LOL. Anyway I will try to uninstall and reinstall and see if it gives me an option to not installthe search crap. On another note since this is the BF2S thread and the XMS feed is broke (But not for the paradroid site you found Darren) I thought I would give a Friday morning Update. If they ever get the XMS feed fixed we should put this somewhere ont he front main page like we do the CS stats. Anyway here's the update as of 8:36 a.m. 12-2-05

Biggs is First I don't wat to even write the score, GOD, (GOLD)
LA_MERC_Diesel 28,447 First Seargent, (SILVER)
LA_MERC_T4rg3t 24,057 First Seargent, (BRONZE)
LA_MERC_Andyconda 21,686 First Seargent, (ALUMINUM)
Roselind 21,045 First Seargent, (TIN)
LA_MERC_BS 20,746 First Seargent, (WOOD)
LA_MERC_exi|les_chi|d 19,652 Gunnery Seargent (PAPER)
LA_MERC_Onji 18,972 Gunnery Seargent (ROCK)

LA_MERC_Onji
December 2nd, 2005, 07:48 AM
BAH! I can see right now that I am going to have to wake up early tomorrow and play ALLL DAY with the noob toob to catch up with you folks lol

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 2nd, 2005, 07:59 AM
the tube is strong, the toob is wise!! :)
:eek:
we will have 7 1st sargents at the end of the weekend
very nice now lets boss around the peons, and just say yes sir to Biggs...forever

congtars for Target on the meteoric rise, your game has improved so much and you Andy, and all the rest of us nubs are truely a force to be reconned with.

Biggs
December 2nd, 2005, 08:41 AM
yeah u guys suc!

Biggs
December 2nd, 2005, 08:41 AM
obey me me young students and i will teach u the ways of uber point getting.....lol....jk

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 2nd, 2005, 08:55 AM
LOL,......"USE THE NOOB, LUKE" <----Must be said in Obi Wan voice

Biggs
December 2nd, 2005, 08:59 AM
to be honest i am a big fan of targets commanding skills...he is pretty dang good at it. i find it very helpful to have him commanding when we are playing cause it truly makes the game so much easier and we always seem to pwn when we got the whole squad on ad either target or X commanding.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 2nd, 2005, 09:31 AM
It was funny last night...Ex was on the other team and I was commander and he kept telling me where to drop the arty. I know I got him once (sorry), but it was just freakin funny to hear "Drop it *place*" and I would. Granted, I would only kill like 1-2 people every time...but everyone else there HAD to be scared!!!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 2nd, 2005, 11:47 AM
Paper huh? I'm kind of a plastic guy myself.

I used to be the bronze but Chrysler made me start working for my paycheck again. Asshats. Now the only reason on Paper is because I've been down for the past week and don't go back to work until January 9th. So I should be able to sorta keep up with you guys. Although I go to Disney World for a week starting the 11th so I'll fall behind again.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 2nd, 2005, 11:54 AM
Np Scott I figure we had an all asshat team so I might as well help get the round over so I could switch to your side.

As for commanding Toby is far and away the king, I'm trying to do some ground pounding while commander but I'm still learning. About the only thing I do that most commanders don't do is I'll drop supply crates right next to the tankers so they can pwn in any armor battles. We actually had a guy do that last night but it's pretty rare.

Must get the explosives ordnance vet badge. I needs it. I wants it. MY PRECIOUS!

Biggs
December 2nd, 2005, 02:08 PM
ok i need like 300 more kills to ge that distinguished service medal....i think it will take 2 days. i also need about 25 more hours as usmc to get the navy cross so i figure that will take about 8 days.

i really need help to get these (need ten points for each) veteren medic heal, veteren engi repair, and support...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 2nd, 2005, 03:16 PM
What, is Brent worried about stats. I thought you just played for fun. LIAR, YOU LIAR! YOU LOVE IT AND YOU WANT MORE OF IT, LIAR SAY IT SAY IT ADMIT IT, I'M A STAT ***** AND PROUD OF IT.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 2nd, 2005, 03:45 PM
hehehe...me and x need our legion awards....can you say find a 24/7 mushtar and black***** it up!!!

Biggs
December 2nd, 2005, 04:52 PM
hi, my name is Brent, and i'm a stat*****. lol....i really dont care for the badges and medals but i really care about my k/d, which is currently like 4.1 and i hope to get up to 5 in the near future.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 2nd, 2005, 08:11 PM
For the engi one we need to have a 40 man server that plays 64 man maps so we have enough time to get it done. Also maybe and little haxing, like have someone on TS on the other team blow up arty, uav, radar over and over so we can sit in one place and just repair basically the whole map.

Medic isn't too hard you just have to do some ground pounding and stick close to the mass of people. Supply is the same setup except everyone wants ammo but they will run past heal packs with 2 bars of health like there is no tomorrow.

I was 9 points shy of getting my Legion of Merit ribbon today, I was the MEC chopper pilot on Sharqi most of the map. I had a nub pilot while I was gunner so I only got like 14 kills but with me piloting he got 42. Stupid asshats.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 2nd, 2005, 09:15 PM
ok i need like 300 more kills to ge that distinguished service medal....i think it will take 2 days. i also need about 25 more hours as usmc to get the navy cross so i figure that will take about 8 days.

i really need help to get these (need ten points for each) veteren medic heal, veteren engi repair, and support...

hi, my name is Brent, and i'm a stat*****. lol....i really dont care for the badges and medals but i really care about my k/d, which is currently like 4.1 and i hope to get up to 5 in the near future.

Are we currently talking to Dr. Jeckyle or Mr. Hyde.
Do you or do you not
White man speakith with forkith tonguith.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 3rd, 2005, 12:16 AM
woohoo! stats are working again, on our page and bf2s and sigs

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 3rd, 2005, 06:35 AM
blackhawk on mushtar or Stalemate and we will have it no problem X.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 3rd, 2005, 06:50 AM
Ok, so I played BF2SF last night...and it's frustrating. It was so freakin dark on this map (had a submarine out in the water) that I had a hard tiem seeing anything. What did I do? I became commander where it didn't matter what I saw. I guess I need to read the instruction sheet on this game. My stats haven't updated yet, though...

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 3rd, 2005, 07:35 AM
ok for those SF players they key is to play the good maps Tech
look for Surge, Warlord, mass destruction, all good daylight maps with lots of fun.
the night maps are crazy and there are a couple good ones, but for the most part the night ops are tooo crazy, although if you want to play them make sure you are on a 32 man server playing the large 64 man maps and it is not nearly as crazy.
And there are so cool Ribons and badges to acquire. :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 3rd, 2005, 07:56 AM
Well, I got the assault basic and vet last night...but my stats didn't update and I didn't actually receive the badge. I'll be patient and "wait and see". I know there are some issues with some people updating...I must be one of them.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 3rd, 2005, 08:25 AM
now when you say update do you mean on your BFHQ or on BF2S?

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 3rd, 2005, 08:44 AM
BF2S. Actually, I've tried for the last half hour to play BF2 (so I can't see BFHQ), but can't connect to the account server at all. I may end up uninstalling and reinstalling...again...sometime today. Very frustrated.

Biggs
December 3rd, 2005, 08:50 AM
uninstalling the hax might be helpful.

Biggs
December 3rd, 2005, 09:00 AM
andy,
i usually only worry about my k/d, all those other badges and stuff are fun but i really dont try to hard to get them...notice i am still missing a basic badge here and there.

oh and i actually looked at my stats today and if anyone was wondering....i am ranked the 112th best engi in the game and 160th best pilot....

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 3rd, 2005, 11:03 AM
You suck brent.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 3rd, 2005, 07:45 PM
I finally got my vet knife. I ended up having to play on a very dark SF map to get it. Oh yeah Worm was a few of the kills that got me there, sorry big worm. Kinda funny I snuck in on the server he was playing and giged him. We was like "WTF That SOB Andyco.......Oh Hey Andy what are you doing here, LOL." When I finally paired up with him we led our team to domination. Woot woot, good job worm, even with your 400 ping you played. That's true grit.

Biggs
December 3rd, 2005, 08:08 PM
i quit playing bf period....i cant get a jet cause i get tk'd every friggin time i try...yea i let the guy who got there first have it ...i am nice so if u have been waiting i let u go.....but no one lets me go...i get tked....f that....i quit.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 4th, 2005, 07:31 AM
lmao....why they gotz to keep the white man down!!

Biggs
December 4th, 2005, 07:36 PM
ok i got kicked from a server for not joing a squad....wtf i officially dont like this game anymore.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 5th, 2005, 06:38 AM
I saw the price of serves has started to go down, one guy was offering $128/mo
so we nedd to start a new poll of who wants to pay so we can figure out how much we need to do.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 5th, 2005, 07:14 AM
AS stated last time, I'm in for a server. I'll go 20 a month. AT that rate we only need 6 peeps. We have more than that. It would be nice to have our own server. It would help Biggs too. You could warn the tk'er and say I let you have it but if you kill me when its my turn "YOU'RE OUTTA HERE" Ahh to have admin rights again, woohoo!

LA_MERC_goose
December 5th, 2005, 08:19 AM
I could throw a good $10 a month, $20 on a good month.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 5th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I can definately do $10 a month with a possible $20. Most likely I would pay in a lump sum since it's a pain to mail you guys money every month or use paypal every month. I've actually thought that since at $10 a month it equals nearly the server price, to just setup the damn server and pay for the first month myself and just rotate each month as to who pays. But $10 a month just seems better than $140 all in one shot.

I'd also rather one of the server gurus had the intial setup so they can give admin rights and tell us all how to use it. Without a nub like me having to try and figure it out by meself. Probably isn't all that hard though.

Biggs
December 5th, 2005, 10:27 AM
oh great...know if we get a server then u guys will kick me and just let everyoneelse tk me for vehicles......bahh....ask me again tommorrow, as i hate the game right now.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 5th, 2005, 11:48 AM
lmao...no we will get Target to make a custom skin for your j-10...you will know it is yours as it will have j-10 ***** written on the side :p:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 5th, 2005, 12:59 PM
:owned

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 5th, 2005, 02:42 PM
It should be a custom J-10 painted RED cause RED jets go fasta!!!

LA_MERC_goose
December 5th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Been looking today - best thing I've found so far for a ranked server.

http://www.uglgames.com

oh yeah, coupon code = promo
-> as I understand it, we get it free until January.

Biggs
December 5th, 2005, 03:46 PM
i dunno about u guys but i think a 32-40 player server might be the best way to go. most 64 player servers i played on have been iradically laggy and 64 is a lot of players...i think, i know some of u agree, that 64 player maps on 40/32 player server are bad arse.

Biggs
December 5th, 2005, 03:54 PM
we could also install quarter machines on peoples computers so when they load on to our server they have to put 2 quarters in the machine for 1 round of play.

this would not only be a great idea but would give LAMERC a revenue making outlet.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 5th, 2005, 04:00 PM
we could also install quarter machines on peoples computers so when they load on to our server they have to put 2 quarters in the machine for 1 round of play.

this would not only be a great idea but would give LAMERC a revenue making outlet.

bwahahaha i love it. spark would appreciate this too, especially since we're big into old school arcade games, and even built em lol http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/mame/cab/

LA_MERC_goose
December 5th, 2005, 04:00 PM

I didn't like that idea when my wife suggested it and I really don't like it now! :tosser

32 - 50 player servers seem to do better for me than the 64 player servers - but then again, i R lame.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 5th, 2005, 04:22 PM
LMAO, yeah goose we need to find the price of a 32 man server...they are the best, and then you can play either the 64 or 32 man maps depending on the map...that is a great price as those ran well over 200 a few months ago.
we must look..I will get the second month if we do ex's plan.

Biggs
December 5th, 2005, 04:53 PM
i cant do the whole month things....it would best to split it up monthly....for me anyways.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 5th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Another theory if we do my plan is to have people that are willing to pay lum sums pay for the first few months that way people who want to split it up have time to save up the l00t. Or as I said I'll just send a year's worth of payments to whomever does the billing. I've also seen that some Game Server Providers will send bills to multiple clan members to help solve the money issues. That way we could get each person his own bill every month, might be a limit on the amount of bills they will send out though.

It was $165 a month for a 32 man Ranked server with VOIP at www.trinitygames.com. I think a 40 man server playing the 64 player maps is the most fun. Longer rounds so you can amass points plus usually enough vehicals for most of the players. While a cheaper server is better I think we should all play on one to two of their servers to check for lag/latency issues. We don't want a server that most of us have a high ping on. Also when you get the prices of servers make sure it has VOIP.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 07:34 AM
I'm up for either, I just want my own server so I don't get messages like I did last night. "LA_MERC_Andyconda is being kicked, REASON: Arguing with an admin". I can't help it they can't see things my way.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 07:37 AM
OK, enough talk. I just got permission to help with the server in a big way. I can put up more than 20 a month. On good months I can put up 50, 80, 100, or even pay the month. NOW, this cuts into Andy's beer money so you guys better realize how much he loves you. Everyone sound off with what they can contribute and lets get a consensus on how many man server and I'll whip out the plastic.

LA_MERC_goose
December 6th, 2005, 07:55 AM
I'm good for $20 a month consistantly - more during months I get a 'bonus'

I say a 40 - 50 slot server.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 6th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Ok guys please check this out with me, it sounds too good to be true, so due some research.

www.teamspeakmods.com
it says $85/mo for a ranked BF2 server, I so want to jump on this and will happily give the money today if Onji can get it set up :stick

please provide feedback asap

LA_MERC_goose
December 6th, 2005, 08:26 AM
I see $85 for a 32 man server and $104 for a 40 man server.

<a href="http://www.uglgames.com/modules.php?name=Games&file=bf2" target-"_blank">UGL</a> has a 32 for $72.80 with the promo and $91 for a 40 with the promo code (Don't pay attention to the prices listed on the page, they change once you enter the coupon code).

Neither are VOIP though

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Checked it out. It does look good. Lets go with the 40 man server and set up with 64 players maps. We have teamspeak so VOIP is not required but they did say they were working to get those functions working.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 09:52 AM
P.S. Mike, go to tehsig.com and set you sig up right. I like these better as they list scores. DO IT!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Ok I've tried and failed. tehsig has a nice sig just like mine but includes the SF awards and ribbons. I apparently am to stupid to figure it out though. Can anyone good with code check out the tehsig website forums and figure this out.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 6th, 2005, 10:32 AM
yes i can setup whenever

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Good, in the mean time I have code for a sig that includes SF awards, but the cap on characters in our merc user cp for the sig is 3000. Can somone use this and make it work

<canvas width="400" height="230" fill="00000000">

<!-- Random stock background image -->
<random>
<select><image url="http://home.planet.nl/~beek4483/Black.jpg" x="0" y="0" width="400" height="280"/></select>
<select><image url="http://home.planet.nl/~beek4483/Red.jpg" x="0" y="0" width="400" height="280"/></select>
<select><image url="http://home.planet.nl/~beek4483/Light.jpg" x="0" y="0" width="400" height="280"/></select>
</random>

<!-- Top box -->
<rect id="topbox" x="1" y="1" width="[?{sig:canvas:width}-2?]" height="16" fill="0000007F"/>
<line x="[?{sig:topbox:x}?]" y="[?{sig:topbox:y}+{sig:topbox:height}?]" x2="[?{sig:topbox:x}+{sig:topbox:width}?]" y2="[?{sig:this:y}?]" color="00000000"/>
<text string="{feed:bf2:rank:to_rankname} {feed:bf2:nick} " x="5" y="15" font="Adventure.ttf
" size="12" color="FFFFFF00" angle="0" />
<image render="bf2:flag" x="[?({sig:canvas:width})-({sig:this:height}+2)?]" y="2" width="[?{sig:this:height}?]" height="14"/>

<!-- Rank Box -->
<image render="bf2:rank" x="[?{sig:last:x}-390?]" y="[?{sig:last:y}+12?]" width="[?{sig:this:height}?]" height="60"/>

<!-- Stats Boxes -->
<rect id="botbox" x="1" y="[?({sig:canvas:height}-130)-{sig:this:height}?]" width="[?{sig:canvas:width}-2?]" height="22" fill="807d624f" />
<text id="row1" x="2" y="[?{sig:last:y}+9?]" size="8" font="Adventure.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="G-Score: {feed:bf2:scor:to_number}"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+89?]" y="[?{sig:row1:y}?]" size="8" font="Adventure.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Cap: {feed:bf2:cpcp:to_number}"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+70?]" y="[?{sig:row1:y}?]" size="8" font="Adventure.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Kills: {feed:bf2:kill:to_number} ({feed:bf2:bksk:to_number})"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+94?]" y="[?{sig:row1:y}?]" size="8" font="Adventure.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Wins: {feed:bf2:wins:to_number}"/>

<text id="row2" x="2" y="[?{sig:row1:y}+10?]" size="8" font="Adventure.ttf" angle="0" color="FFFFFF00" string="C-Score: {feed:bf2:cmsc:to_number}"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+89?]" y="[?{sig:row2:y}?]" size="8" font="Adventure.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Cap-A: {feed:bf2:cacp:to_number}"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+70?]" y="[?{sig:row2:y}?]" size="8" font="Adventure.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Deaths: {feed:bf2:deth:to_number} ({feed:bf2:wdsk:to_number})"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+94?]" y="[?{sig:row2:y}?]" size="8" font="Adventure.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Losses: {feed:bf2:loss:to_number}"/>
<line x="[?{sig:botbox:x}?]" y="[?{sig:botbox:y}-1?]" x2="[?{sig:botbox:x}+{sig:botbox:width}?]" y2="[?{sig:this:y}?]" color="00000000"/>

<!-- Players soldier -->
<image render="bf2:mysol" x="[?({sig:canvas:width}-{sig:this:width})+20?]" y="[?(({sig:canvas:height}-130)-{sig:this:height})?]" height="84" width="127" src_h="167" src_w="254"/>

<!-- Awards Box -->
<rect id="awb" x="1" y="[?{sig:canvas:height}-{sig:this:height}?]" width="[?{sig:canvas:width}-2?]" height="130" fill="44444444"/>
<line x="1" y="[?{sig:last:y}?]" x2="[?{sig:canvas:width}-2?]" y2="[?{sig:last:y}?]" color="00000000"/>
<random>
<select><text string="HONOR" y="[?({sig:awb:y}+{sig:awb:height}/2)+({sig:this:height}/2)?]" x="[?({sig:canvas:width}/2)-({sig:this:width}/2)?]" font="timesbd.ttf" size="40" color="FFFFFFEE" angle="0" /></select>
<select><text string="COURAGE" y="[?({sig:awb:y}+{sig:awb:height}/2)+({sig:this:height}/2)?]" x="[?({sig:canvas:width}/2)-({sig:this:width}/2)?]" font="timesbd.ttf" size="40" color="FFFFFFEE" angle="0" /></select>
<select><text string="DUTY" y="[?({sig:awb:y}+{sig:awb:height}/2)+({sig:this:height}/2)?]" x="[?({sig:canvas:width}/2)-({sig:this:width}/2)?]" font="timesbd.ttf" size="40" color="FFFFFFEE" angle="0" /></select>
</random>

<!-- The Awards/Medals/Ribbons -->
<image render="bf2:awards" all="true" x="2" y="100" rows="3" cols="7" width="185" height="78" uniform="true" id="awards" />
<image render="bf2:awards" set="sf" all="true" x="2" y="180" rows="2" cols="7" width="185" height="150" uniform="true" id="awards" />
<image render="bf2:ribbons" all="true" x="315" y="105" rows="6" cols="3" width="79" height="76" uniform="false"/>
<image render="bf2:ribbons" set="sf" all="true" x="315" y="180" rows="6" cols="3" width="79" height="76" uniform="false"/>
<image render="bf2:medals" all="true" x="190" y="105" rows="3" cols="6" width="120" height="74" uniform="false"/>
<image render="bf2:medals" set="sf" all="true" x="190" y="180" rows="3" cols="6" width="120" height="76" uniform="false"/>

<!-- The Medal Counts -->
<text string="{feed:bf2:f_medal_count:2051902}" y="[?{sig:medal_2051902:y}+{sig:medal_2051902:height}?]" x="[?{sig:medal_2051902:x}?]" font="AuXDotBitC.ttf" size="8" color="FFFFFF00"/>
<text string="{feed:bf2:f_medal_count:2051907}" y="[?{sig:medal_2051907:y}+{sig:medal_2051907:height}?]" x="[?{sig:medal_2051907:x}?]" font="AuXDotBitC.ttf" size="8" color="FFFFFF00"/>
<text string="{feed:bf2:f_medal_count:2051919}" y="[?{sig:medal_2051919:y}+{sig:medal_2051919:height}?]" x="[?{sig:medal_2051919:x}?]" font="AuXDotBitC.ttf" size="8" color="FFFFFF00"/>

<!-- 1px Border -->
<rect x="1" y="1" width="[?{sig:canvas:width}-2?]" height="[?{sig:canvas:height}-2?]" fill="000000FF" border="00000000" border_width="1"/>

<!-- Copyright notice must come last -->
<copyright x="[?{sig:canvas:width}-{sig:this:width}-20?]" y="0" font="arialblk.ttf" size="7" color="88888800" angle="0" />
</canvas>

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Ooooooopssssss. Somehting didn't work. Crap

LA_MERC_Onji
December 6th, 2005, 10:41 AM
no, you dont put that code in the sig on the forums here, you edit your sig on tehsig.com and put the code in there. all you need here is a link to the image.

shoot me a pm, with your tehsig name/pass and i'll update you.

Biggs
December 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM
i agree...most cant see things that way guys like us do...they all boons

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 6th, 2005, 11:37 AM
now the teamspeak mod server also had a free teamspeak...do we need a better one Onji? can ours handle 32 people?

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 6th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I can throw in some cash too.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 6th, 2005, 11:41 AM
now the teamspeak mod server also had a free teamspeak...do we need a better one Onji? can ours handle 32 people?

yes ours can handle that. We can have this one as a public TS server that we let people use if we want. Of course, if the mercs want to be alone, we can always use ours.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Sweet Darren I like your sig, fix me fix me fix me, woohoo!
What do you need Darren and Mike. Do I need to go online at that link and just order. I don't mind setting it up through my account and just having everyone send me money. However you guys want lets get the ball rolling.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Also don't we have a merc paypal account. I can send the money to that if we want to control it with a joint account. Either way I have money burning a hole in my pocket and I WANT A BF2 SERVER, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Onji
December 6th, 2005, 11:55 AM
sig done.

and yes, we have a paypal account.

LA_MERC_goose
December 6th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I WANT A BF2 SERVER, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I fall into that category, too! :awp:

Whoever gets the account set up PM your address and I mail some money - PayPal is the work of the debil!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Good enough. For those who don't like paypal they can send me the money and I will add it into my paypal contribution. Even Goose. Also lets put a donate button on the main web page.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Darren, I tried to add the money to the account but it said error. What's up.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Must be something wrong with the donate button. Paypal is working but our quick direct donate buton isn't let me know when you get it fixed and I'll put the money in.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 6th, 2005, 12:34 PM
yeah it kept messing with my sig, here is a link

http://www.lamerc.com/donate.html

Biggs
December 6th, 2005, 01:02 PM
ok i can put up 20 bucks a month.

i say a 40 man server would be sweetness

and Onji, can u make my sig like urs please?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 01:13 PM
DONE. I put up the whole first months rent 105 bucks. That's a lot of beer money you freakin nubs. MERRY FFREAKIN CHRISTMAS. Ok Darren, sign us up and lets get our server running.

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 6th, 2005, 01:16 PM
2nd month put up. merry f'in christmas!

Biggs
December 6th, 2005, 01:19 PM
ok i wanna send u nubs some cash but i dont wanna do paypal......someone responisble pm me there address

LA_MERC_goose
December 6th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Even Goose

WTH!? I thought you liked me! :violin

Hey Andy, I'll have some cash in the mail tomorrow.

**Edit: It's in the mail my friend!

LA_MERC_Onji
December 6th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Server ordered, awaiting details

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 01:53 PM
OK for the non paypal guys I'll PM them my address and whatever they send me I'll input into payball under a contribution in there name. So far that's Biggs and Goose.

P.S. You know you're loved here Goose and that's no lie. Would I s.h.i.t my favorite turd. No.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 6th, 2005, 02:15 PM
2nd month put up. merry f'in christmas!

Thank you Black Santa! :p:

I'll input into payball under a contribution in there name.

Is that some redneck lottery in Alabama?
LOL
i told you he was going to keep some :p:

wohoo!!
Tomorrow night we will have our precious!!!

LA_MERC_goose
December 6th, 2005, 02:37 PM
TOMORROW!? Damn! That just means we have one more night to get banned and / or kicked from every server we join. :D

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 6th, 2005, 02:40 PM
What addy do I send Paypal payments to?

Biggs
December 6th, 2005, 02:55 PM
so should we just go ahead a get banned from as many servers as possible then?

LA_MERC_Onji
December 6th, 2005, 02:58 PM
What addy do I send Paypal payments to?

http://www.lamerc.com/donate.html

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 6th, 2005, 03:10 PM
All I can say is...you guys rock. I'll send some $$ on the 15th!

LA_MERC_goose
December 6th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Hell, if you're gonna pay, you might as well come back to the dark side :D I kid, i kid.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 6th, 2005, 03:52 PM
we must not be worthy
:stick

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 6th, 2005, 04:04 PM
dayum...must...resist...the...urge...

Whether or not, I figure if I'm going to play, I need to be willing pay...right?!

LA_MERC_Onji
December 6th, 2005, 04:05 PM
holy #$@# we already have our server info and its up and running!!!

70.86.64.214:16567

You can see status on our bf2 stuff page: http://www.lamerc.com/bf2/servers.php

I'm still trying to figure everything out, so theres much tweaking left to do. Heading home now. Will reply later.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Sweet, server rocks with a dman good ping. Jerry flew me around for 2 hours and I ammassed some serious kills and points , WOOHO!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 7th, 2005, 06:17 AM
yeah 20-40 pings are so nice...w00t!!

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 7th, 2005, 06:52 AM
ping sucked!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 7th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Huh, how did your ping suck, you're closer to the server than I am. The server is in Texas and I'm in Alabama and I got a consistent 23 ping, Sweetness.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 7th, 2005, 07:14 AM
how many hours/kills/points/whatevers do you need before showing up on the stats page? I have like 10 minutes...lol

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 7th, 2005, 07:17 AM
his ping was 50ish...must be a westbank thing :p:
Sabre for our page you just have to have Onji add you, the BFHQ registers right away, as long as you were playing on a ranked server
no min time limits.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 7th, 2005, 07:23 AM
cool.....I'm not sure if the server was ranked....it was a Texas based server though :)

Onji?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 7th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Al, if it was a ranked server your stats will show up at www.bf2s.com. What was you screen name and I'll check for you. LOL, 50 ping. I'm smokin on any server I get in the double digits. Does he want any cheese with that whine. LOL.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 7th, 2005, 09:22 AM
duh?????

LA_MERC_Sabre

I can't check....that site is blocked from work.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 7th, 2005, 09:29 AM
use this Sabre..it works for us
http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats
but I do not see you in there, you may need to stay a complete round for it to register the first time??

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 7th, 2005, 11:28 AM
It's not coming up AL. You might have played on an unranked server. The next time you boot up BF2 make sure when you fo to multiplayer that you filter out unranked servers. There are about 2500 ranked servers now and ours is ranked. You only need one kill to start logging stats so the minute you join the MERC server and get a kill your stats will start tracking and we can add you to the BF2 stats page. See you on soon.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 7th, 2005, 11:29 AM
We will also be able to generate a sig for you like we all have that gives a showing of y0our curretn kills etc and all you awards, (Look below at my sig to see what I mean, Cool huh)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 7th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Besides that reminds me Mike, Give Onji you information so he can fix your sig since you apparently are never going to do it. Just send him your BF2 number and you tehsig.com login and pass. If he has time and you sweet talk him like I do, by wispering sweet nothings into his ear. (Not to just speak for Darren)

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 7th, 2005, 11:46 AM
I just recently 're-activated' my forums to enable the sig's to display....so I guess it would be cool to do that! I'll try to get on tonight (no promises).

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 7th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I will get it tonight, I just need t remember to do it!!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 7th, 2005, 11:55 AM
10-4 Hope to see you on.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 7th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Sure Mike, I've heard that a time or 40.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 7th, 2005, 12:11 PM
yeah i checked sabres stuff, its just that he doesnt have 100 points yet, so his stats arent there yet

Biggs
December 7th, 2005, 12:37 PM
onji....can u make my sig like ur please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Onji
December 7th, 2005, 12:39 PM
onji....can u make my sig like ur please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah email me your tehsig.com, emailaddres and password. Ive deleted since u sent it to me last.

Biggs
December 7th, 2005, 12:50 PM
i dont remember what email address i used or what pword i used either....i guess i am screwed....bah

LA_MERC_Onji
December 7th, 2005, 12:52 PM
i dont remember what email address i used or what pword i used either....i guess i am screwed....bah

just pm me some guesses

LA_MERC_Onji
December 7th, 2005, 01:07 PM
just pm me some guesses

it was under a different email address, i just looked at your forum profile to get it, your fixed up

Biggs
December 7th, 2005, 01:13 PM
sweetness...thanks onji

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 7th, 2005, 02:52 PM
I've said it before I'll say it again, Darren and Toby be's the men.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 9th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Hey, why does it seem every time I play on the MERC server my stats don't seem to update. Wuzzup wit dat. Any ideas.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 9th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Hey, why does it seem every time I play on the MERC server my stats don't seem to update. Wuzzup wit dat. Any ideas.

Check my posts on down a bit here, http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14909&page=4

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 9th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Ok, Got it Darren. Hey could you do me a favore and update my sig again. I like the way you and Mike have them now. Cleaner looking.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 9th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the info on the sig Onji!

LA_MERC_Onji
December 9th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Ok, Got it Darren. Hey could you do me a favore and update my sig again. I like the way you and Mike have them now. Cleaner looking.

tis done

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 9th, 2005, 01:58 PM
well, heck, hook me up too Darren? Even though I can't see them from work...

LA_MERC_Onji
December 9th, 2005, 02:04 PM
well, heck, hook me up too Darren? Even though I can't see them from work...

you'll need to head over to http://www.tehsig.com and create an account etc... Then goto the usercp tab on there and it can be created, its the last template in the list.

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 9th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I thought I had one... Can't get to from work.. dskljf;aslfhd32h!@#$@#

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 9th, 2005, 03:49 PM
LOL, Yeah if they've added it to the list of templates now its easy to do. Just log onto the tehsig site and find your account info and do as Darren said. If Uber can do it you can do it. I had to have Daren do it when they didn't already have the template made as they were asking you to do some coding and all I could reply is I drank a code red one time does that help.

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 9th, 2005, 07:20 PM
I have a pw, how do I insert?

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 10th, 2005, 08:27 AM
just complete you pic, then the file with all the /img stuff will be there in the cashed items list...copy...paste... in your sig

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 11th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Or take the cheap ***** route and just ask Darren to hold your hand like I do. Thank you Mr. Onji.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 13th, 2005, 10:25 AM
What's the updatye schedule again for our server. It seems like it takes a day for awards and stats I obtain with our server to show up. Also, what do I need to do to get admin mod stuff working.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 13th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Yeah I noticed that my stats from last night didn't update until about 8:00 this morning.

I need some help getting my Knife and Pistol badges too!! :D

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 13th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Just takes a little bit but it gets there.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 14th, 2005, 11:13 AM
I give up. There's no way I can catch Toby or Jerry. They're logging like 4 freakin hours a day. I was thousands of points ahead a week ago and now I'm just a speck of dust in their tail wind. Well at least I'm ahead of Robby and Al.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 14th, 2005, 11:39 AM
yeah...I've got like 1/2 hour of gameplay....good job though Andy!

LA_MERC_Onji
December 14th, 2005, 11:42 AM
yeah...I've got like 1/2 hour of gameplay....good job though Andy!

Yeah I actually added you and slingblade to the stats, but you both have <100 points, so its not showing up yet :(

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 14th, 2005, 11:47 AM
OK AL, when can you get on again so we can get you at least 100 ponts. All you have to do is ride in the black hawk for one map and you will get that easy.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 14th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks Onji! I'll show up sooner or later....

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 14th, 2005, 11:55 AM
lol, more than likely later than sooner, lol.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 14th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Al, Remember the BF2 LA_MERC Solders salute, "Sleep is for the week!!"

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 14th, 2005, 02:14 PM
No Mike....It goes.... "There's time enough for sleep in the grave."

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 14th, 2005, 02:39 PM
sleep is for the week... Dang, that's a long beauty nap there Diesel. Give it up, you're too far gone at this point!

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 14th, 2005, 02:44 PM
no hope...:(

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 14th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Does that mean I never have to sleep. Woohoo!

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 15th, 2005, 11:45 AM
dangit...I played for at least an hour last night....still a no-show on the stats page :(

I captured a flag, got about 3-5 kills and got killed too many times to remember...lol

One thing that is really different than CS (that's the only other game I've ever played besides playstation stuff) is that the maps are huge. and It's really hard to see the enemy....I mean the guys are on top of me before I knew anyone was there. I guess I'll get used to that. Half the time I have no idea where the shots are coming from....lol

LA_MERC_Onji
December 15th, 2005, 11:54 AM
dangit...I played for at least an hour last night....still a no-show on the stats page :(

you have a little ways to go man, keep at it:

(Temp place to see your stats)
http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats/bf2stats.cgi?nick=LA_MERC_Sabre&pid=&lang=en

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 15th, 2005, 12:05 PM
HOLY CRAP!! (said in the tone of Frank, Ray's dad)

let's all pretend that link doesn't exist....doh!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 15th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Lol, just like cs Al don't get discouraged. We all started out slow. It takes time to number one learn maps and number two get use to the fire rate and accuracy of the weapons. Also remeber you have no unlocks and as they come you get a little bit better weapons.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 17th, 2005, 12:20 PM
One of the things that I do in CS and BF2 is a)listen to determine direction, kinda need headphones though b)look for bullet hits because rocks and walls will chip when hit. That way I can figure out a general direction. But knowing the maps is always a great help for finding those nublet snipers and all out campers.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 19th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Very True X. Just like in CS AL you have to memorize the map. Play on them enough and you will. Difference here is that the maps in BF2 are way bigger than the ones in CS. You were on the other team last time I played when you were around so I didn't get t help you as much as I wanted. Let me know when you plan to get back on and I'll get on so I can show more of the ropes. Also you jsut need to get some play time to get used to it. YOu know what they say. Practice makes perfect.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 20th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Hey Darren. Since the tube is such a hot topic. Is there any way we can have a section that updates our Tube kills and maybe post it on the front page. I know I know. Its probably a lot of work so by all means if its something you don't want to do or have the time for just say, NO. Just thought it was a neat idea.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 20th, 2005, 01:51 PM
the stats package they released cant do that just yet, they are working on getting more detail to show up on the 1st page tho. I'll keep an eye on it.

Daedelus
December 27th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Hey i had a question it seemed like some people had in there signatures. the type of kit they play. is there sort of like list o something to show say this guy is good with jets and this guy is anti tank etc.
The reason i ask is i was wondering as a team do we need any role/kit covered.
like do we need more medics or support. so i can start building up my guy in one of those professions etc?

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 27th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Not too much daed, just try to fiqure out what suits you the best, and we adapt.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 27th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Yeah this isn't WOW, you can switch professions everytime you die or pick up a new kit from the nub you just kilt. Ofcourse there is the unlocks which are better then the regular guns, except for the stupid M-24 can't see crap in the scope. So you just have to figure out what kit/guns you like and go from there.

Most of us have been playing for a good while and have all the unlocks already so we can play any kit reasonably well. But if you want some advice be an engineer get in a tank and throw down the pwnage kung-fu style! Being an engineer with no armor isn't much fun but before you spawn in you can see if there is any armor available for you to roll in, that's when I pick engineer. Another piece of advice for tanking, really this is from Biggs the Tank Master, keep moving even when you are taking a flag and don't be afraid to get outta dodge and repair your tank where you probably won't get kilt.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 27th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah, Daed. Play them all to figure out what you do best. We'll go from there.

Daedelus
December 28th, 2005, 10:47 AM
ok thanks for the advice. i finally got my first promotion to private first class last night not to bad 2 day in and a rank woot. so far i like spec op & engineer a few times ill do sniper depending on the map and medic if my team needs one. i like to respawn as a anti tank if my base is being captured by vehicles but it dose seem to take a lot of shots 3+ to get a tank(i can understand going for the week spots etc) but i swear so guys get me with 1 shot it seems haha.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 5th, 2006, 06:41 PM
One shot with the tube is all it takes. ALL HAIL THE TUBE!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 16th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Since this is the BF2 Stat thread I thought I would update the "Tube Wars" Or what I affectionately call "The Toby Aggrevator gun" before they nerf our beloved weapon. Here are the Tube kills as of 1/16/06 at 10:20 a.m. cst.

1. BS------------------1696 (Lord Tuber)
2. Onji-----------------1007 (Onjisan Tubisan)
3. Diesel---------------847 (The original Tuber) He was tubin before tubin was cool
4. Andyconda----------655 (Uber Tuber)
5. Wyrm---------------258
6. Roselind-------------205 (The talking tube) Please set push to talk sweetheart
7. Dirge---------------187
8. X------------------179
9. T4g3t--------------101 (The Anti Tuber)
10. Skitz---------------72
11. Goose--------------33 (Stressed Tuber) Calm down big guy, you're doing fine
12. Drax---------------21 (Pretty boy Tuber) When looks kill
13. Toetag------------14
14. Ab1dab1-----------6
15. Biggs--------------3 (Tuber in denial) How the **** does he have 70+ thousand global points and only 3 tube kills.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 16th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Noob tubin is cool every once in a while but I prefer engi in a tank, or spec ops and car bombing.

Wyrm_f00d
January 16th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Noob tubin is cool every once in a while but I prefer engi in a tank, or spec ops and car bombing.

Negative!!!

Tube rulez... evrything else dr00lz...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Lol, but it sure is funny to watch X drive by with all those red skull and cross bones all over the humvee. Then to watch him drive off into the sunset barreling into an enemy CP to see a large explosion and watch the humvee go one way, x's corpse another, and 2 to 3 bad guys tumbling through the air. I like to ride in X's Humvee for half the trip. The plasteec sure smells funny. I tell him to hang a pine air freshner but he just laughs and says "DO you know how much it would cost to hand a pine air freshner in each Humvee before I kamakazi just so you can smell good for half the ride. Second thought , get the **** out of my humvee" to which I reply no. Then he shows me the clicker for the c4. I get out.

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 16th, 2006, 11:44 AM
LMAO great info Andy..:laugh:
lord tuber...:laugh:

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 16th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Ever since I blew up Dirge a while back, not my fault since he jumped in with me and I had to make a quick decision to bail out 100 feet down the road to take out a loaded down jeep going the other way, I started to use the bailout command. You know, try to be curteous to the poor nubs who jumped in with me.

I've also found that a great way to comandeer(spelling) a vehical is to drop a few sticks of plasteek on the hood. The occupants of the vehical tend to get out in a hurry.

I don't always die while car bombing Andy. Just most of the time. If I can get in a buggy there is about a 85% that I'll live. The other ones just go a little slower so I'm closer to the detonation point and likely to go flying through the air to signal to all friendlies that there is no longer an enemy threat in the area.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 16th, 2006, 03:45 PM
LMAO, plasteec is the international symbol for GET THE **** OUT!

Daedelus
January 18th, 2006, 09:20 AM
haha yeah more than one time ive jumped in and drove around with exiles, just to see him bailling out the door and iam like hey what going on? so now when i see the jihad moblie go bye i pass on the ride haha. it so fun yelling the eieieie
and then Boom!!!

LA_MERC_goose
January 18th, 2006, 09:52 AM
11. Goose--------------33 (Stressed Tuber) Calm down big guy, you're doing fine

Sorry, I have a hard time accepting it when I get my ass handed to me

Hey, all of those are from the regular assault 'nade launcher and everytime I use it, it's for those 20 - 20 feet shots, everytime I think about dropping one close it kills me too. I hate the shot me from 3 feet away and not die crap. I was getting good the other night launching it from one spawn to another and getting defending flag kills - that rocks!

Oh yeah, car bombs are killer! :D litterally

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 18th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Sorry, I have a hard time accepting it when I get my ass handed to me

I know what you mean buddy. We (or at least I) don't take any offense to you blowing off steam when getting your ass kicked. I'm not very copesetic either when its being doled out to you via a silver platter. That's why I make sure I have at least a 6 pack in the fridge before I load up BF2. Woohoo.

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 18th, 2006, 11:53 AM
never fear now goose we got the admin commands going now, so we should be able to "balance" the server should we need that :0

Daedelus
January 19th, 2006, 11:05 AM
hey iam trying to figure out how to equipe my new f2000 thingy when i got sgt. it showed as a unlock for i think assault so i selected that and the jack hammer for the anti tank roll but cant figure out how to select it. it acts like it will only cycle threw the g-3? and the m-16/m203 only no fn2000? how do i fix this. i also tryed to see if i could use my second unlock to unlock the flash bang as on the bfhq screen it shows it locked, how do you get it to use in the regular bf maps?
Is it a sever thing weather or not you can use it?? thanks

Wyrm_f00d
January 19th, 2006, 03:38 PM
hey iam trying to figure out how to equipe my new f2000 thingy when i got sgt. it showed as a unlock for i think assault so i selected that and the jack hammer for the anti tank roll but cant figure out how to select it. it acts like it will only cycle threw the g-3? and the m-16/m203 only no fn2000? how do i fix this. i also tryed to see if i could use my second unlock to unlock the flash bang as on the bfhq screen it shows it locked, how do you get it to use in the regular bf maps?
Is it a sever thing weather or not you can use it?? thanks

you have to unlock the G3 first... then you will be able to unlock the F2000 after that... takes 2 unlocks to get to teh F2000

Daedelus
January 19th, 2006, 05:53 PM
did that, unlocked the g3 at corporal in antisipation of getting fn-2000 at sgt. still can figure how to load it or pick it in game.

LA_MERC_Onji
January 20th, 2006, 07:13 AM
did that, unlocked the g3 at corporal in antisipation of getting fn-2000 at sgt. still can figure how to load it or pick it in game.

so when your in game, and you click the little up and down arrows to choose the g3, did you click it once more to choose the f2000?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 20th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Also, don't you have to have SPecial Forces to get the F2000. Do you have BF2:SF. Then like Darren said you click the arrow on the assault kit twice to get to the F2000. The when you hit the number 4 key and go to Grenade launcher mode you willsee that you kill via the F2000 GL. Woohoo. Let the tubing begin.

Daedelus
January 20th, 2006, 09:04 AM
yeah stupid me it was there this whole time i dont know what i was doing maybe i didnt hit the down up arrows enough but its there pretty nice gun part too. havent noticed any diffrence in the tube part yet sort of feels the same as the m-203 but i just need to keep practacing with it i guese. of and i did get the flash bang in my kit for assault oh i love useing those and then rush ina kill all the guys blinded, and works pretty well on the tanks etc. as they roll up on you throw one around the corner etc. and hope some one on my team gets them.

when firing the tube do you aim a little high at them or just dead on or at there feet? maybe it depends on how close the enemy is huh?

LA_MERC_BS
January 20th, 2006, 09:33 AM
The farther away you are the more you have to lob it over, but I always try to land it at their feet. The way I got used to the arch on it was I found a supply box at the main base (theres always one there next to the arty gun) I just sat there for a while just practicing lobbing it at difference distances. The crate will reload you for a while. My favorite distance is 3 feet away

BS:stick Toby

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 20th, 2006, 10:44 AM
LMFAO, Yeah TOby loves to be blown away by the 3 foot tube shot. He'll tell you all about it.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 25th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Closing in on 1,000 tube kills. Don't I get a special award for that. How about just a lolipop.

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 25th, 2006, 12:03 PM
...nah jut some ky :)

LA_MERC_BS
January 26th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah it looks like you and Onji are about to strip me of my tube glory.

(you said something and knew it was going to haunt you later?)

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 26th, 2006, 11:31 AM
um yeah. tube stroking? er nm

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 26th, 2006, 11:45 AM
LMFAO, Nothing wrong with a little tube stroking.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 28th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Hey guys. I like our who'sonline page. What I also need is some sort of program that I can check server status without loading BF2. Does anyone have such a thing like the all seeing eye program we used before. Thanks.

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 29th, 2006, 06:18 AM
All seeing eye is still out there and works for BF2 but you have to have a registered version, to load up friends or more than 3...Andy is reight it is awesome t check it out then a click of the button join them?!?!?
Darran or Toby can yall find the registered version of all seeing eye?

LA_MERC_BS
January 31st, 2006, 11:59 AM
I've also found that a great way to comandeer(spelling) a vehical is to drop a few sticks of plasteek on the hood. The occupants of the vehical tend to get out in a hurry.

hahahah yeah man I have been noticing that too. The buggy is the best. I'll run up to it, drop two packs on it, jump in and hollar "GET IN!!!" Guys will run to the buggy and stop dead in their tracks. Then the conversation goes
GET IN!!
NEGATIVE!!
GET IN!!
NEGATIVE!!
MOUNT UP!!
NEGATIVE!!

Oh I found out that "Hey young fella" is on MEC when you say "Hit it" I'm still looking for Andy's "Turkey in tha frig" lol

LA_MERC_Onji
January 31st, 2006, 01:00 PM
I have been using the BF2 Autoloader for the last few weeks, and its been great

http://www.bf2al.com/

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 31st, 2006, 01:46 PM
god find Onji!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 1st, 2006, 11:45 AM
Damn, I like that, Darren. Good job.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 12th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Hey guys, stand on this, I only need a few kills, LMFAO.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 15th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Hey Darren. I have a guy at work that is getting into BF2. His handle is lonewolf296. His ID # is 44208130. Can you add him to our stars page. Also, my son has 2 nights playing on ranked servers now. He's only 7 kills for 55 deaths so his global score is not but 7 thus far but if you could can you add him to our stat page as well. He's LA_MERC_Tman and his ID # is 63674688. Thanks.

P.S. Any takers on how long before Tman passes Dirge in stats, hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Biggs
February 15th, 2006, 09:18 AM
i like to cuddle with prisoners named bubba...

Biggs
February 15th, 2006, 09:18 AM
onji,
do you have any suggestions on how to fix my sig...i think andy broke it.

LA_MERC_Onji
February 15th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Hey Darren. I have a guy at work that is getting into BF2. His handle is lonewolf296. His ID # is 44208130. Can you add him to our stars page. Also, my son has 2 nights playing on ranked servers now. He's only 7 kills for 55 deaths so his global score is not but 7 thus far but if you could can you add him to our stat page as well. He's LA_MERC_Tman and his ID # is 63674688. Thanks.

P.S. Any takers on how long before Tman passes Dirge in stats, hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

done

Biggs
February 15th, 2006, 12:52 PM
no no I mean it! remember the scene from something about mary when ben stiller is in the jail cell? That is a little slice of heaven!

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 15th, 2006, 12:56 PM
hey I have next weekend on the Tman vs Dirge square pool..it better not be this weekend!!! :p:

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 15th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Has tman passed yankee or spark yet?

Biggs
February 15th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I love you Dirge - want to snuggle?

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 15th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Easy Dirge, Biggs & the other air guys are on edge as there precious has been tarnished :p:

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 15th, 2006, 01:51 PM
lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 16th, 2006, 11:52 AM
On edge, **** those air guys, My precious tube has been f'd up.

And I think Tman may have more points than Al or Reed.

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 16th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I will take Tman any day over Al

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 17th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Lol, good choice Mike. Last night while playing with us Tman jumped from a global score of 7 to 25. This now more than doubles Al's score of 12. Next on the hit list for Tman is Yankee at 800+. I estimate it will take him 4 months at this rate but hey. he's 5 and has time and skills. Get'em son.

LA_MERC_goose
February 17th, 2006, 07:29 AM
tell him to be a medic and drop some medic bags - that should help his score too.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 17th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Will do. He's going to make a great support guy with medic as he tends to try and follow his squad leader religously. Not sure why. Could have been me yelling from the other room. Damn it son follow the green dot.

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 17th, 2006, 07:04 PM
lol...dang drill sargent

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 18th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Wow, little Tman has jumped to 89 global points. He'll probable have is 100+ enough to make our stats page by the end of the weekend. Did anyone see my pretty gold Assault badge, woohoo!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 19th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Yeap, he did it. Onji the little man has jumped past 100 points all by himself. And when I say by himself I mean he boots up the computer and all by himslef. Does everything by himself. Refreshes server list by himself and actually joins and leaves servers at will to join the specific map he wants. Guess what his favorite is. WAKE ISLAND. Any way, Darren can you add him to the stats page. Thanks. Go Son!

LA_MERC_Onji
February 20th, 2006, 06:35 AM
yeah he was already added on there, he just wasnt showing up because of not having 100 points, he's there now tho!

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 20th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Another nice stat place,
One I can see from work!!! :)
http://www.formitron.com/

They have updated some of there stuff since the patch, like the requirements for the SF ribbons.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 21st, 2006, 07:18 AM
This thread is titled BF2S for Battlefield 2 Stats. So I thought I would mention that my son has lost his mind in BF2 stats now. Last night he got a badge, a ribbon, and a medal. He was screaming with joy so loud the wife got pissed. Needless to say he got the Basic Armor Badge, The Airborne Ribbon, and of course a purple heart. Now remember he just turned 5 and started playing online only like 3 days ago. Needless to say he's now a stat *****. He makes me pull up the stats page to see his name and score. He was noticably upset at being at the bottom of the list, lol. He vowed to score more to get higher. "My little stat *****", I'm so proud.

Biggs
February 21st, 2006, 11:02 AM
tman is da man. that kid is a feaking genious.

when the kid uses a vehicle he is an engi...and he even pulls up close to your armor to repair your dying arse.......holyshiots!

only problem is he only play USMC, the kid bleeds red whit and blue.....but he is a really good squad member, as he always spawns on the squadleader.....he even understands how to revive people......wtf! i swear he plays like 100 times better then most of the nubs we play against......

lets get that kid in a j10....

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 21st, 2006, 11:16 AM
LMFAO. Yeah he doesn't like being chinese or MEC. He says their guns suck, LMFAO. He actually can fly pretty well too. He just likes armor and ground pounding better. He is defianetly a tank man. I can't believe he got his basic armour badge all ready. He's 5 and has only played for 3 days. And all his stats are exactly that. His stats. I don't help him at all. Other than yelling from the other room things like. Join Squad 5. Or follow me to this flag, or Get in. He loves to be a medic and follow you around so when you die he can hit you with the shock paddles. He really loves the knife and pistol rounds we do know too.

But, enough of me bragging about my little child genious. Did anyone realize that Brent has more gold medals than like the next top 5 players in MERC combined. I'm going to go ahead and say it. "****ing Hacker"

Biggs
February 21st, 2006, 11:18 AM
thos golds wouldnt be possible without nubs like you........to kill

bah, lmao, jk

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==