PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 24th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Just wanted to wish everyone in MERCland a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Am off to Chapel Hill, NC here in a bit, and get to drive through snow (for the first time in my life). Be good, and be safe everyone!!!

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 24th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Dirge, reporting for work. Family is in Dallas, can't make that trip due to being junior man on totem pole. Hope everyone has a good Turkey day. I really want some of my Mom's cornbread dressing right now.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 24th, 2005, 05:58 AM
:thanks:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 24th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Happy Bird Day Everyone. I'm holding up in Alabama for Turkey Day. Hope everyone has a good one.

SweetGirL
November 24th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Right back at cha! Hope everyone has a great day and lots of good eatin' (as we say in the South)! Eat a little bit for me too.....I will be cooking but won't be eating any of it (well, maybe a bite of yams). =)

LA_MERC_Drax
November 24th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Happy Turkey day, fixin to tank up on food, start watching the game, pass out for a few hours on the couch, then start the boozing!

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 24th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Happy Thanksgiving guys. Ate so much fried turkey I can't move.

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 24th, 2005, 03:15 PM
we're about to sit down.....

today should be known as:

"give the bird to your mother-in-law day"!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Temp
November 24th, 2005, 03:19 PM
too pretty of a day to sit around the house. just got back from riding a motorcycle i stole from my dad, haha. hope everybody had a great thanksgiving.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 24th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Happy Turkey-day everyone. No snow in Montana-land, hopefully some for christmas.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 24th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Little woman saved me some Turkey. Should be nice and ready for re-heat when I get off at 7...

Sounds like the Cowboys game is a good one though.

Hey nooch, send me some leftover fried gobbler!

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 24th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Sorry man had the family licking the bones... guess I will have to do 2 next time.

LA_MERC_Shadow
November 24th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Yall, Gald to hear yall had a good one. Had a fun one in the hospital.

LA_MERC_Heater
November 25th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving late everyone=)

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 25th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Something to be thankful for, Happy Thanksgiving.

First pic is a forty snow goose day for my brother, and the second pic is his double banded goose. The second band was a $100 reward band, doesn't get much better than that. Now if I can whop a nice buck tomorrow on the first day of deer season it will be one kick ash weekend.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 25th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Damn X, I was happy about my duck hunt this morning till I saw this. Crap that must have been a blast (no pun intended, LOL)

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 25th, 2005, 06:02 PM
dang ex! for a while I've been watching the geese fly over and was wondering if anyone hunted them in MD...I guess you answered my question! Congrats!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 25th, 2005, 08:27 PM
In the Atlantic flyway MD is where the birds stop and die. The Chesapeake Bay is the largest fresh water in the US. Ducks are kinda iffy, but goose hunting is pretty awsome. Since the goose season has reopened, had a 7 year moratorium on canada geese, we kill over 200 geese a year. Doesn't sound like much to you duck mecca guys but you have to remember that most of those year we could only kill 1 goose per person per day. So the first 2 or 3 years we limited out basically every single day of the season. Now they are starting to wisen up a little and it takes more to get birds to decoy, but we still get our limit most days. This year it is a 2 bird limit for the whole 45 day season, which I don't remember even when I was a kid.

We also have roughly 300,000 snow geese that winter in a couple of refuges in Delaware. Most of which eat in eastern MD so when they get on a field you can usually kill 20 or better. So far out best snow goose hunt was 117 last year, but we only average 20 to 30 because sometimes they still won't decoy right. But one thing is for sure, if you've ever had 5 to 10 thousand geese circling your spread and fighting to get in first it's something that you will never forget.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==