PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Electronic Engineers...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 19th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Ok - I have this very strange problem with my computer that does not seem to be software related - in fact I've even unplugged my speakers from the computer with the same result.

I have a set of Boston Acoustic BA750 Digital Speakers. I've had these speakers since 2000, and I love them for music. However, since I've moved into this house back in March, at ramdom times they seem to intercept TV signals. It will both start and end abruptly. The sound quality is as clear as a bell, as though I'm watching TV on the PC. I thought perhaps, I'd gotten ahold of some nasty Malware or Spyware, but I'm clean - I've formatted twice since I've lived here for various reasons, and I get the same results. It doesn't happen often, I'd say its done it (while I'm home) about a half dozen times since March, but it is a bit annoying.

All I want is an explanation of how it could possibly be happening?

Any ideas guys?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 19th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Well no one told you about that Farm hand they hanged several years ago in that converted barn / Apartment you are now renting.. Dont worry, as long asthat's all hes doing, then you havent pissed him off yet. :)

YET...MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 19th, 2005, 11:16 PM
He does walk around upstairs too :)

Anyway - back to the speaker thing - it's not only bugging me, but mom is now convinced that I'M somehow doing it just to mess w/ her...

Wyrm_f00d
November 19th, 2005, 11:46 PM
haha.. moms are always suspicious... Anywho... i don't know exactly what is causing it, but i had the same sorta thing happen to me one time. I live near an intersate, and oneday i thought someone was in my apt. b/c i could hear somedood's voice, but it ended up being a muth-Trucker on they interstate w/ a uber-boosted CB radio. So i would imagine that someone has some sorta signal booster on something on TV audio and your speakers are just picking it up...

If you turn them off or unplug them and you still get the noise... CALL A PRIEST!!!!11!!1

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 19th, 2005, 11:47 PM
I should have clarified "unplugging" them - not from power, just from the computer's sound output...lol.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 20th, 2005, 04:57 AM
hehehe.... I had the same problem when I lived in Ruston...except my computer would pick up CB radio signals from the truckers on the interstate 2 miles away.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 20th, 2005, 07:10 AM
I will go along with the Cb radio boster thing, and also HAM radio... These guys have some real powerful transmison equipment. However, I have no idea how TV audio is getting into your speakers.

Like Wyrm_Food said, maybe someone in the park your in has an Uber sound system for their TV and is broacasting all over the dern neighborhood.

Have you called TimeWarrner cable to see if they have ever heard of anything like this happing?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 20th, 2005, 09:06 AM
I wonder if one of your neighbors have purchased a wireless surround system. I am sure they have boosters for those if they want to broadcast out of the room. Just a thought. My Sister sells the systems in Temple, TX. I will call and ask her if she knows anything.

|Team Moped| Kripto
November 21st, 2005, 08:44 PM
Compleatly wrong All of you... I'm willing to guess you have AIM right? You hear a great commercial or movie preview and cant find the process that is causing it? It has to do with AIM, never did figure it out, but once the sounds start, quit AIM compleatly and see if it stops. Took me months to track it down.....

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 21st, 2005, 08:55 PM
Hummm Weird...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 21st, 2005, 09:06 PM
mom is on AIM 27/7 could be it. I'll check and see.

|Team Moped| Kripto
November 21st, 2005, 09:16 PM
I swear, it started happening to me last year up at school. it was random, normally a couple of hours after a computer restart, and the commercial was long... like a solid 30-90 secs. When it would happen I would hit Ctrl alt Del and try to find spyware or something that would be causing it. I knew it was on my comp because the wav volume button in windows affected it. I was digging though system sounds trying to find a hacked wav file and everything.... I happened to close AIM, trying to kill all my apps, and poof it stopped. Later on I repeated it. Your right though, it seems random in when it happens! once every couple of weeks... or longer.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 21st, 2005, 09:19 PM
actually - that can't be it Kripto - because I unplugged my speakers from the computer while it was doing it last time, and the sound kept coming it - it sounded like the news on a local station, and it WAS like around 6pm

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 22nd, 2005, 06:11 AM
I tell you man,,, you got a ghost...!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==