PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Scrim

Biggs
November 16th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Would you guys like to set up a little 8V8 scrim vs my BF1942 clan. I was thinking we could do wake or karkand and have a little fun. They have a server that can be locked down for a scrim. We can set up a date and time that will be good for all of us.

I am gonna post on their website and see if they are interested and if so...we got a scrim.

If we do decide to do this i could set up a strategy for the map. No real practice would be needed, we would just have to know our parts in the strat breakdown.

Post is u are interested.

{YGD}, which is the clan, was really good in matches in bf1942 and i think will give us a good game...but it will surely give us a chance to really work as a squad to win.

If YGD doesnt wanna scrim I could set something up with the [52nd]. Those guys are hardcore though...sponsered and everything. I think we could own them though. I got faith in the MERC!

LA_MERC_goose
November 16th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Fire in the hole!

If I'm needed, I'll try it. Sniper / Medic / Engineer are all I really play though

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 16th, 2005, 12:18 PM
yeah go for it, we should be able to get 8 np.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 16th, 2005, 12:32 PM
depending on when and all, I would be interested in playing.

*EDIT* Just realized this might be for MERC only....if so...my bad. Didn't mean to invite myself!

Biggs
November 16th, 2005, 12:51 PM
hey tech, if u wanna play i dont see a problem... up to the squad i guess.

what times would be good for u nubs?

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 16th, 2005, 01:00 PM
yeah I guess we can let that guy play :P:
maybe he will come back to where he belongs someday :stick

LA_MERC_Temp
November 16th, 2005, 01:06 PM
i'm down. i usually play special ops or anti-tank and i make a good attack copter copilot

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
November 16th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I can fill in the support role.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 16th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Depending on the day and time I might could play. You all know I'm not great but and can push around in the tank some, and a little chopper piloting/gunning(Andy and someone else as the gunner would probably be best though). I play all the kits equally crappy so, if I'm a ground pounder I would probably Spec Ops or Medic. I really suck with the Supply gun though. Mondays and Wednesdays I have b-ball practice for my kids and it would have to be around 8:30ish EST. But if it's after Thanksgiving then I'll be laid off and shouldn't have a bedtime of 9PM like now. Throw out a couple of options to them and see what they say, kinda like the ladders work.

LA_MERC_BS
November 16th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Can I play? I promiss not to team kill Andy anymore.

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 16th, 2005, 02:56 PM
you might want to set this up after Andy gets back from LA.....about a week from now at least. he's gonna be p'sd if you do this w/o him...

Biggs
November 16th, 2005, 04:08 PM
yeah, we all need to decide on the best date to do this......

LA_MERC_goose
November 16th, 2005, 04:40 PM
HEY! I get to be Andy's attack chopper gunner damnit! lol

As long as I have a couple day advance I should be able to make a schedule.

Biggs
November 21st, 2005, 09:53 AM
ok so i gotta tell our competition a date.

I am gonna go with friday dec 9th.

That gives us a couple weeks notice to get things set up. the map will be either karkand or wake. it will be 8v8 as well.

can someone set up a poll or something with a list of the people who will definatley be there.

Biggs
November 21st, 2005, 10:03 AM
ok here it is:

LA_MERC_ Vs. {YGD} (BF2)

Date: Friday Dec. 9th.
Map: Karkand or Wake (ur choice)
Server: YGD clan server.
# of Players: 8v8

LA_MERC_goose
November 21st, 2005, 10:29 AM
Time frame?

If I'm able to Sniper / Medic / Engineer are the roles I'm descent with.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
November 21st, 2005, 10:38 AM
I vote for Karkand. Either way the Americans are screwed in the beginning anyway but I prefer Karkand to Wake.

I will fill the Support role.

We should find a couple of 24/7 Wake/Karkand servers just to practice on.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 21st, 2005, 10:57 AM
I'm back and in full force. Since I now have my mother in law living with me I can see myself getting locked in my room on my computer (by accident, lol) a lot in the next few months. I do best as Anti tank and I would prefer wake. Brent as a J-10 pilot with Drax. Diesel , Goose, Onji, X or Op ground pounding. Skits and me in the chopper. That makes eight right. We could also have some spares lined up on teamspeak in case something happens to someone.

Biggs
November 21st, 2005, 11:45 AM
i think karkand will the map... it doesnt matter to me though.

the plan would be to set up in three squads with two squads of 3 and one squad of 2 on karkand.

squad 1: would be ground pounders with 1 medic, 1 anti tank, and 1 support. (medic to keep our butts alive of course.

squad 2: would be the same set up as squad 1 most likely

squad 3: would be the armor squad and both be engis. now when we are usmc we will have the abrams and the lav and squad 1 would load up in the lav and sneak to the mec back base that spawns the t90.

i can have a strategy made up before the match and if we could even get on a empty and go over the strat that would be cool. the way to win is to have a bad arse strat and good teamwork.

so i would just need to know who will be playing so i could set up the squads and strat.

also: the commander would be one of the guys in squad 3 since they will proably have more of an oppurtunity to use the commander stuff in game and i dont want to lose the ability for the ground pouders to spawn on each other as it is more important for the armor guys to spanw at the vehcile spawn of course.

LA_MERC_goose
November 21st, 2005, 12:35 PM
Skits and me in the chopper.

Man, I thought you liked me. LOL! :D

If we go with Biggs' setup, I'd rather be anti-tank.

I'll go ahead and say I'll be there. As we get closer to that date, I'd really need a time to say for sure.

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 21st, 2005, 12:46 PM
I am there, this would be on a 16 player map for karkand? Wake is too big for only 16 players.

How many vehicles are there, is there a "back" on 16?
finding 8 should be no problem.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 21st, 2005, 02:18 PM
Sixteen player Karkand is no armor I believe with 2 or 3 CP's, played it once with 64 people. Talk about a fast map and lots of dying!

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
November 21st, 2005, 02:31 PM
Like I said I am there filling in the support role.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 21st, 2005, 02:46 PM
3 flags right up the middle with market being the last. Tanks, yes...or, the map I played 16 on had them.

Biggs
December 1st, 2005, 08:31 AM
ok here is the latest info.....

scrim time friday dec 9th at 7pm

they have choice of map between cleansweep and karkand (16 player)

once i know which map we are playing i will make a strat and form squads and stuff. target is surely gonna be our commander as he is really good at it. but since we will only have 8 players on a team the commander will be fighting as well, so target it will be tough to do both, but i know u got it in the bag.

so here is who we got so far:

me
skits
andy
target
X
goose
diesel
bs
temp

so thats 9 guys, i think if both teams show up with an extra guy we can go ahead an play 9v9. but if not we will surely need the 9th guy to be on ts just in case.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 1st, 2005, 09:23 AM
DOLT! I have a company Xmas party on the 9th, sorry guys no can do. I'll be in Disney World from the 11th to the 17th also.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 1st, 2005, 09:59 AM
Well I guess we have our eight then.

LA_MERC_goose
December 1st, 2005, 10:09 AM
7pm EST, CST, MST or PST?

If we still want a spare may I suggest a former MERC and still a familiar face - LaTech?

**edit: If Mr. LaTech would be willing and able - didn't mean to throw his name in without asking him first.**

LA_MERC_Temp
December 1st, 2005, 10:16 AM
i guess i'm gonna have to cancel my hot date because i dont want to fall to the Dark side for the reason anakin did ... It's because Obi-Wan Kenobi failed to teach him the most important part of the Jedi Code: Bros before hos, haha.

i'm in. just please remind me so i dont forget. i'm gonna set an alarm on my phone right now for that day, haha.

Biggs
December 1st, 2005, 10:46 AM
time would be central

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 1st, 2005, 11:54 AM
I'm down wit dat.
I only need to know one thing
"Where they are"

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 1st, 2005, 12:07 PM
I will not be able to make the 9th, probably, put me as a reserve and I will let you know.

LA_MERC_BS
December 1st, 2005, 01:27 PM
I thought I might have to miss it, but if it is at 7 central, then I'm good. I do the friday night motorcycle gang thing. We are starting early enough for me to leave after the match.

LA_MERC_Drax
December 1st, 2005, 05:30 PM
I'm game! But better put me in as a back up or maybe, cause i'm on call right now, not sure if i'll be called out and still out by then. If do a jet match, i'd need to play more with biggs to get some jet teamwork developed between us. That way we could knock off the other jets easier.

If we play karkand, my best role would probably be a medic or engi, im decent in tanks, but i'd rather just be supportive with repairs.

Biggs
December 2nd, 2005, 08:46 AM
yeah i think the map is 16 player karkand...btw if u want me to i can see if we can change the date so we all can make it.

LA_MERC_goose
December 2nd, 2005, 09:18 AM
Well, that might not be a bad idea Biggs - I was informed last night my wife has registered and paid for my children to attend some kind of kids gymnastics party thing so we (me drive, her buy) can go shopping for Christmas.

My next problem is I leave on the 14th-ish of December and won't be back / online until the first of January.

Wyrm_f00d
December 2nd, 2005, 09:27 AM
I'd wouldn't mind playing... in fact i seem to enjoy having my ass handed to me...lemme know when and where ...

Biggs
December 4th, 2005, 11:08 AM
=ok i think i got the date changed to the 8th instead of the 9th........is that good for u guys?

so then we will have :
1. me
2. goose
3. X
4. diesel
5. andy
6. bs
7. drax
8. target
9. wormfood

did i miss anyone?

where can i post the strat...cause i only want mercs to see it just incase we have any spyies sniffing around these parts

LA_MERC_Drax
December 4th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Could talk on TS when we're all on there one night.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 4th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Yeah dude you missed me in that lineup!

I believe I threw my hat into this scrim on the first page, 8th post....

Biggs
December 4th, 2005, 02:05 PM
sry...thats why i asked.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 4th, 2005, 02:57 PM
kk, we also have Temp.
and we will have the MERC reserves on hand,
Toe Tag, Roselaind, Wormmy, Tech

I should be able to make the 8th.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 4th, 2005, 06:10 PM
No prob, Biggsy...

Didn't mean to get nutty! :)

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 4th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I'm ok for the 8th, be on around 7:30ish EST for a quick warmup and go over strat.

16 player Karkand right?

LA_MERC_goose
December 5th, 2005, 06:15 AM
I will not be able to make it this week - kids have karate Tuesday and Thursday night until 7 Mountain Time. Skits can replace me if he wants.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 5th, 2005, 06:27 AM
I will not be able to make it this week - kids have karate Tuesday and Thursday night until 7 Mountain Time. Skits can replace me if he wants.

I sense some disappointment in that statement....doh!

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 5th, 2005, 06:34 AM
All MERC's will show up on TS and me, onji or Target will work it out, with the reserves on call if one or some of us can not make it.

LA_MERC_goose
December 5th, 2005, 06:36 AM
I sense some disappointment in that statement....doh!

Ya think? :violin

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 5th, 2005, 06:37 AM
I bought this blasted game over the weekend....you bastages are rubbing off on me......now how long before I actually install it?

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 5th, 2005, 06:47 AM
../here sounds of queen playing, no not because of Al's sexual preference :p:
another one bites the dust.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 5th, 2005, 06:51 AM
I loaded up the 16 player Karkand map last night just to check it out. I got some ideas on potential strategies.

LA_MERC_goose
December 5th, 2005, 06:52 AM
DAMN! That was just wrong! :stick

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 5th, 2005, 07:16 AM

and you look mighty cute in dem jeans boy!

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 5th, 2005, 08:26 AM
he does live in texas...and has no horns?!?!?!
:stick:

but yes we need to discuss the strats, for that map, two different objectives for each side, just like CS come scrim/comp play the rules are different, no one cares about points.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 5th, 2005, 08:33 AM
It's all about the big "W" in the end...

Biggs
December 5th, 2005, 10:38 AM
rgr tht, points are for nubs in comp play....its all about keeping each other alive while reataining/capping flags.

ok here is what i got so far (skits get on ts and we can discuss the strat...i got a pic of the map so i can draw stuff on it)

squad 1: 1 medic, 1 antitank, 1 support
squad 2: 1 medic, 1 antitank, 1 support
squad 3: 2 engi (but 1 of these guys will double as commander so the squad will only have 1 player but these to guys will be butt buddies through the scrim)

As MEC: we only get one tank so the two enig will get in and we it comes to a tank fight one engi will get out and repair for ultimate ownage

As USMC: we got a lav and a tank...so the engis will get in both and just stay next to each other the whole game giving each reapir points like theres no tommorrow.

a little note: the purpose for the tank guys is support the ground pounders so the armor will basically sit back and provide fire power while the troops take and defend flags or is enemy armor is spotted then they will just own them.

i have played some TWL for 1942 (yes i was #1 tanker and dogfighter for a short period) so the best way to own as i have noticed in that league were:

1. infantry squads need to stay close enough together so they can all fire at the enemy, but stay far enough apart so a nade doesnt kill them all.....medics need to hang back behind the other squad members so they can revive and keep the squad going..the medic might want to be the squad leader.

2.when defending a flag dont sit on it...hang back a little bit and hide...wait for the enemy to pop his head up then begin the onsluaght.

3. offensively we need to ulitize a good relationship with tanks and troops. i found that having the armor roll up just in range of the flag and destroy it just before the troops make their push worked best. as the ground pounders are trying to get the flags to change the tanks will hang back and fire upon the enmey trying to stop the ground pounders. so the armor is basically just there for support and to keep the pounders alive.

i will try and post the over view of the strat on the site when i get it....

skits, name a time when we could work on it on ts...

Biggs
December 5th, 2005, 11:04 AM
{YGD} Clan Server [BF2]- IP: 207.210.241.177

thats the ip...its nonranked so get used to using the original guns....twl and cal leagues dont allow unlocks either so once we figure out who will be what start getting familiar with that weapon.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 5th, 2005, 12:06 PM
I need a copy of that strategy program that was put out for BF2. Anyone got a link to it or a copy of it? I had it installed on my laptop but I had removed it.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 5th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Alright sounds like were gearing up. I do very well as anti tank. I've almost logged 100 hours and Diesel can attest to the long long rang moving target shots I'm able to muster with the ERYX. "FIRE IN THE HOLE"

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 5th, 2005, 12:53 PM
LOL, I guess actually it would be "CLEAR BEHIND"

Biggs
December 5th, 2005, 01:08 PM
OK then...so andy will be in squad 1 as antitank

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 5th, 2005, 01:16 PM
I'm up for Medic or Support I guess, I'm not too great with the SRAW and I really suck with the mp5. Seems whenever I'm anit-tank infantry takes me out and when I'm just a regular ground pounder armor takes me out.

I'd prefer Medic since I think the support guns blow.

If Toby is playing he's the obvious commander with brent being the armor man, so there are the engi's. Should the support and medic guys throw bags as soon as they get to a CP? Or should they wait until they are needed as the other team can also see and hear the bags when thrown and give away positions?

One of the few tips I'll give is when you take a CP the standard thing to do is lay down. My theory is to not lay down next to a wall because your feet stick out and enemies can kill you by shooting your feet from the safe side. Not to mention it gives away your location. I've started to simply kneel down a lot of times instead of laying down. Next to whole buildings is fine but if your in a building and lay down next to an outside wall your feet will stick out, same with courtyard walls.

Something else we should strat out is the positions to take while capping a CP and the direction of each person's kill zone. So we don't have everyone looking the same way and get whacked. Something for me that has carried over from CS is if your the last guy in your squad to check behind you from time to time so you don't get flanked. I can't tell you how many kills I've gotten by flanking nubs and taking out the guy running behind me trying to plant a knife in my back.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 5th, 2005, 02:39 PM
I can fill the support gunner role.

Yeah Exile is right about having a rear defense. We should all know who's covering what zone of fire.

Biggs
December 5th, 2005, 02:40 PM
i will try to get with skits and make the strat on post it for u guys.

but yes, i think what will we do on offense(usmc) is try to attack 2 flags at once. this way we will cause their defenses to be spread out. of course the armor will provide support for each flag as needed. i think the armor will be critical in providing a flanking option...the armor can provide the fire as the troops move in.

on defense we can expect the enemy to attack either 1 flag from 2 directions or 2 flags at once.

i think it will be easy to defend for mec as long as we dont allow them to flank or sneak around our lines.

i expect that they will attack the first flag (us being MEC) with full force and send a squad of like 2 guys to our back flag to try and cap it all sneaky. i know this becuase thats what they usually did in matches and stuff.

on usmc i suggest that we go ahead and send squad 1 and the armor to do battle at the first flag. we send squad 2 in the humvee the sneaky way up the left, throught the subburds and down to the back flag. i think that back flag will be unprotected and quick for the taking...that will also give us 2 tanks once we cap it so someone from squad 2 to get it.

also...once ur squad gets a flag u should spawn at it or with ur squad leader.

i will get the strat as sonn i its done.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 5th, 2005, 04:16 PM
remember Biggs that there is a major difference witht this vs BF1942...the commander...he sees all, and we will have the advantage with Toby, you and skitz need to go over this with Toby so he knows it and agrees since he will command. We do not have stealth bombers to take out the radars first so we need to keep that in mind.

Biggs
December 5th, 2005, 04:50 PM
rgr tht.

me, skits and target need to get that new tactic program, get on ts, and then discuss the strat.

lets get it going asap.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 5th, 2005, 05:37 PM
rgr tht.

Who wants to create the tactic server?

Biggs
December 5th, 2005, 05:48 PM
70.177.45.71:3333

PW: FART

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Andy, Anti Armor, for Squad Alpha, reporting for duty, SIR!

LA_MERC_Onji
December 6th, 2005, 07:38 AM
i just realized our company christmas party falls on the exact date and time as the scrim :(

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 6th, 2005, 08:01 AM
aww that sucks you will miss you company party :stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 6th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Lol, Bahhumbug!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==