PDA

View Full Version : Shooter

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 15th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Hey guys,

I know this will seem like a strange place for a book review, but, as the book is titled "The Autobiography of the Top-Ranked Marine Sniper", I think it will make sense...especially considering the fact that most of us run around a bit with the darn thing in BF2.

This book, so far (I'm about1/4 the way into it) freakin rocks. It's all about how he took the tried and true ways of using snipers (he himself being one) and made them mobile through the use of light vehicles. The way he's putting together the pieces, and how he describes firefights is just awesome...

Anyway, if you want a nice read about someone who really did this crap, it's a good one. Much better than those Richard Marcinko books about the Seals...

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 16th, 2005, 02:43 PM
I really cool book about Spec Ops is Tom Clancy's "Shadow Warriors's." Shows the stuff that they go through and how they came about, plus some cool stories out in a mission. The guy that wrote the book with Tom was one of the first people in the Special Forces and he was everywhere that something happened.

LA_MERC_BS
November 16th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Man I'll check both of those out. I dig the Tom Clancey stuff. I want to get the sequal to Splinter Cell.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 16th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Tom Clancy is one of my all time favs. I am pretty sure that I have Shadow Warriors, but I don't think I've read it. Will fix that oversight just as soon as I finish this one (1/2 way through now)

btw: this one is by Gunnery Sgt Jack Coughlin that'll make it easier finding the right book.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 16th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah, Shaow Warriors is pretty cool. I like the part about the chicken that loses all of its feathers.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==