PDA

View Full Version : wee bit of a problem...

Crazy White Boy
November 12th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I have my old hard drive in a new computer as a slave, i lost my cs cd, and key, im trying to run it of my old drive, and it says i need the key, how can i go through regedit indo my slave drive to find the key? I know if it was my master, i could find it, but i cant on the slave please help

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 12th, 2005, 09:57 PM
HUmm,
If your OS is still on your old hard drive can you boot from that drive..
then open Regedit?
Besides that, I dont know...
Some files that were part of another OS I dont know that you would be able to access.
The regisry editor for an OS I dont think you can open Like a file on your computer....

But Im just Guessing, I could be way off on that..

Crazy White Boy
November 12th, 2005, 10:00 PM
the drive wont boot, ive tried, i can see files from the other drive, but it wont boot.

HENK
November 13th, 2005, 07:34 AM
you should be able to get your key back through steam if you registered.

Crazy White Boy
November 13th, 2005, 01:58 PM
this was in 1.5 days

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 13th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Hummm,

Your $kr3\/\/3d

Sorry man, I had to say it.... Best just go by source and get the Whole package,, 1.6 should come with it.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 13th, 2005, 06:27 PM
You can buy Counter Strike Anthology with the three old games...WalMart $19.99. Then you can get CS:Source Package w/ DOD:Source WalMart 39.99. HL2 comes w/ CS:Source for $49.99. I just happened to veg out in this section while
Mrs. th33_]200k was shopping.

JUNKY
November 13th, 2005, 06:36 PM
suggestion -

Copy over all files you deem important from the slave drive to your new main drive.

Pull the drive cable from your main drive, plug the old drive into the drive cable in the master position, **Make sure the jumper on the old harddrive is set in the master or Cable Select configuration** - if it doesn't boot that way, set your bios to boot from CD, and install windows over itself without formatting. That might reinstall the system files needed to make the drive boot again. It's worked for me before.

At worst you have to properly format the drive and can set it back up as master or slave.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==