PDA

View Full Version : This guy had to make a deal with the devil

LA_MERC_Temp
November 11th, 2005, 10:35 PM
http://gprime.net/video.php/theglasstrick

You always have ideas about how other tricks are done, but this one blew me away.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 12th, 2005, 07:22 AM
at first, I was like...ok, no big deal. Palm something and then unpalm something else. Then...the salt shaker....ok...um...dunno. The last thing...wow...

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 13th, 2005, 04:50 AM
On the last one it looks like they glued it to the bottom of the glass. When each person checks it from the underside of the glass they aren't pushing on the glass to compress their finger. The salt shaker I have no idea, that was badash.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 13th, 2005, 08:48 AM
That was cool but I still dont find those tricks all that amazing,,, just another good twist on slight of hand, and probly some staging before hand.

A lot of the best tricks you see on TV are allways setup with people in the crowd working with the guy.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 13th, 2005, 10:02 AM
All the best tricks have helpers in the audience. I'm sure that all three of the chicks at the table and the guy who checked on the coin were helpers. One of the coolest things I've seen in David Blaine do his levitating trick. He makes himself levitate. Atleast that's the illusion of it, not too sure how he does it since it's all done in the street.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 13th, 2005, 11:02 AM
That levetating thing is crap. Ever notice how it never shows his entire body off the ground? It's always a shot of his torso rising.. or just his feet coming off the ground! broom!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 13th, 2005, 11:54 AM
I don't believe it, but it would be fun to be able to do!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 13th, 2005, 03:54 PM
There's some optical illusion to it I know but it's still pretty cool.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 13th, 2005, 04:50 PM
On the Levitating thing, I saw one of those majic reveled shows... They said it was a cut seen, the peoples reaction was to another trick, and the levitating thing was shot and edited in later... EX- Just a shot of his feet off the ground.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 13th, 2005, 06:16 PM

Wyrm_f00d
November 15th, 2005, 09:39 AM
david blaine, although a bit freaky of late, has to be one of the best "slight of hand" guys out there today... at least from what i can tell from TV...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 15th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Hogwash, you come around me with that crap and I'm gonna bust you over the head. Pull that slight of hand, smoke and mirror crap somewhere else.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==