PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 11th, 2005, 05:20 PM
What's supposed to be so great about these things? We just put one on display at work, and I was so unimpressed it wasn't funny. My 2 year old PC w/ semi-crappy vid card looks better...

I've come up w/ a new slogan...

"Consoles Drewl, PC's Rule!!!"

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 11th, 2005, 08:18 PM
LOL!! Yea I think so... you just cant beat a moded out PC with a good video card..
you would think that because the Console game is strickly for gaming, that they could dedicate all resources to doing just that.. " THE GAME "

Biggs
November 11th, 2005, 10:41 PM
i agree with ya dog,
the console should have super awesome graphics and stuff. on the same note though a nice computer with good internals and vid card will always pwn the consoles. one good reason to go with computer over the console is versatility and upgradablity

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 12th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Well some of the good things on the console: The box (w/ the HDD option) is more or less an instant media pc; the online capability is very advanced to current console on-line uses; some neat features with wireless controllers, etc. Oh yeah, 720p HDTV quality output. It's kinda fun to play a video game on HD on a big 52" or so tv. ;)

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 12th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Well to me it is a clear boundry

Sports-->Console
All else-->PC

Sports game kick arse on a console, and FPS/Strategy/RTS is no comparison on the PC

HENK
November 12th, 2005, 09:39 AM
i have to say that i was impressed by the 1st xbox online game experience.if the xbox 360 has even advanced multiplayes options i am all for having one next to my pc.

|Team Moped| Kripto
November 12th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I'm completely a PC gamer, my roommate tells me he could beat me at any FPShooter with his controller..... I laugh alot! "I've played alot of halo, you wouldn't be able to touch me" he says..... How much time have we put into CounterStrike? Auto aim my ass.... The only concole FPS I ever played was Goldeneye for Nintendo 64!!! I miss it sometimes, I start to think how crappy the graphics really were. Man if I could only play that game with HL2 graphics….

http://www.goldeneyesource.com/

But you have to give some credit to the Xbox. 3- 3.2 GHz processors, 500MHz ATI graphics card, Water-cooling, 20gb Hard drive (removable), plays almost all media, USB to plug in cameras, headsets, more controllers, keyboards...you can even plug in your ipod and play tracks. High Def component out, Digital Surround out, online support.... For 400 bucks. Sorry Yellowdog, I want to believe that a tricked out PC is better, but a decent video card that would match the one in the xbox will set you back at least 400.

I will never buy one, but you get a hell of alot for your money! no need to worry about drivers, spyware, Blue screens of death... You have to admit, if you just wanted to play and not deal with the extra stuff....

It's a good bang for your buck, Especially after you Mod it....

HENK
November 13th, 2005, 07:31 AM
I'm completely a PC gamer, my roommate tells me he could beat me at any FPShooter with his controller..... I laugh alot! "I've played alot of halo, you wouldn't be able to touch me" he says..... How much time have we put into CounterStrike? Auto aim my ass.... The only concole FPS I ever played was Goldeneye for Nintendo 64!!! I miss it sometimes, I start to think how crappy the graphics really were. Man if I could only play that game with HL2 graphics….

http://www.goldeneyesource.com/

omfg i can't believe it .that was my favorite game ever and i actually just played it 2 weeks ago to see if it still works ,then i sold it.i just hope they gonna have similar controls for a gamepad and they don't improve character movement ,or it wouldn't be the same.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 13th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Sorry Yellowdog, I want to believe that a tricked out PC is better, but a decent video card that would match the one in the xbox will set you back at least 400.

I will never buy one, but you get a hell of alot for your money! no need to worry about drivers, spyware, Blue screens of death... You have to admit, if you just wanted to play and not deal with the extra stuff....

It's a good bang for your buck, Especially after you Mod it....

Now I would agree with you on that point, you are going to spend more money for a PC that will do what some of your high end console games will do.

If your going for just gaming, and dont want the versititly Or the up keep of a PC, then consoles are the way to go.

What I mean, If all you wasnt to worry about is paying 60, 70 bucks for a game, pluging it up a playing it = Console... there idiot proff.

LA_MERC_Drax
November 13th, 2005, 03:15 PM
I used to play alot of Goldeneye, i won a few tournaments in it. Perfect dark was a nice game too, same style game as goldeneye, but advanced weapons and cool maps. Ah, the good ole 64 games.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 13th, 2005, 06:23 PM
PC > Console = Truth.

Consoles are for people who can't pwn with the PC'ers. We need a website where we can play the consolers at new games. After all they are hopped up e-machines.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 21st, 2005, 11:35 AM
Diesel said it best. Sports games console is good. PC for everything else. Also if a console gamer thinks he can competer with a PC keyboard mouse gamer in a FPS is is very mistaken. I played in the COunter Strike World Chapionship back on 2001 and I can tell you first hand they're are people with mad skilss at puttingthe cross hairs right on you. In fact becuase with a mouse your aim is so much better computer game FPS had to put in the "miss factor" that is not all of you shots hit exactly where the cross hairs do. Very few games on PC do now. Most console game do though. That being said if you good boot up and original game of quake or doom that had it to where you hit exactly what you were aiming at and plugged his console controller in and you play the normal way you would eat his lunch. Dirge had a good point, BUT Robby I can hook my computer up to me 61" HDTV and play BF2. Its very nice but eventually you neck gets tired. 19" is plenty for the games we play. Ibelieve PC is the better of the bunch but for ease and simplicity and cost consoles have there place. I know a lot of kids that are PC illiterate and own on consoles. For people without PC skills (Meaning you don't even know how to turn one on) console is the way to go. For those like me who love RTS games and have the money to upgrade to a good PC then PC is definately the wayu to go, HANDS DOWN. PC owns!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==