PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys

[sG] Dutchman
November 1st, 2005, 12:07 PM
Hey all, What servers do you play on cus I got source. Tell me what serve do you all play on. Or do you still play bf2?

LA_MERC_goose
November 1st, 2005, 01:00 PM
209.209.214.5:27015 is OUR Source server - feel free to hop in a frag a while.

We do have a pretty good crew playing BF2 and most of them are nightly addicts ... hum, users ... still not right ... players. Yeah! that's the word. Check out the BF2 section to get an idea of the 'crew members'

[sG] Dutchman
November 2nd, 2005, 11:27 AM
Well I better get the game soon :D

MindWerks
November 2nd, 2005, 01:19 PM
I play on the source server when people are on it, otherwise I'll play on random internet servers.

I haven't played BF2 in a good while now. Just kind of got bored with it, among the frustration with the game performance in general. I guess I'm the only one that thinks that waiting 20 secs for the menu to come up when you hit esc is just poor programming.

I haven't played it since the patch though, maybe they fixed much of their crappy code.

LA_MERC_goose
November 2nd, 2005, 01:53 PM
20 seconds for the menu? Man, 5 has been my max, and that was when my cpu fan decided to go out to lunch. I've only been playing since the 1.03 patch, but I've had a blast!

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 2nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
Dutch, don't get it...please...save yourself. IT'S CRACK!

5 seconds max for me too...how much RAM you have Mind?

MindWerks
November 2nd, 2005, 02:01 PM
Maybe I'll give it a try... I downloaded and applied the patch... just never got on and played it. LOL

MindWerks
November 2nd, 2005, 02:06 PM
I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ with 4 gigs of Ram and a NVidia 6800 Ultra.

I don't think its a processing problem. Like it was pretty bad before the patch. It would take too dang long to start the game, watch the stupid splash movies, login, wait forever while the server list updates, then hunt around endlessly for a server to play on, play for about 5 minutes then get banned because some idiot ran in front of my jet when I took off.

Bah I say. LOL

[sG] Dutchman
November 2nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
Dutch, don't get it...please...save yourself. IT'S CRACK!

Rofl! Well theres a first for everything :D And I am joining my schools wrestling team! w00t!

LA_MERC_goose
November 3rd, 2005, 06:19 AM
']Like it was pretty bad before the patch. It would take too dang long to start the game, watch the stupid splash movies, login, wait forever while the server list updates, then hunt around endlessly for a server to play on, play for about 5 minutes then get banned because some idiot ran in front of my jet when I took off.

It takes me probably 10 seconds to load, another 10 for the NVidia / Dice splash, I hit ESC, login, another 10 seconds max, grab a server that isn't full and start getting pwned by 10 year old whipper-snappers. :stick And I'm not running anything close to your setup MindWerks - all I have is a P4 2.4 with a gig of RAM - if I'm able to run it, you shouldn't have a problem.

Biggs
November 3rd, 2005, 10:44 AM
maybe its internet conections?

MindWerks
November 3rd, 2005, 01:07 PM
Well it might be the internet. I have charter cable, however the line to my Apartment is damaged and the DVR and Internet are currently having problems. But most of this is pretty recent and I haven't tried BF2 in a while so I'm doubtful but not ruling it out.

I've been fighting with Charter to fix the line for over 2 weeks now... no luck. The bastards. I just have to put up with flaky cable and occational packet loss until its fixed. :(

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 3rd, 2005, 01:45 PM
I can't remember exactly where the post is, but Onji showed us how to stop the splash screens from coming up when you start BF2. I start BF2 wait 5 or 10 secs and I'm right at the login screen, recently the login to my account is slow but I haven't had much trouble.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 3rd, 2005, 01:50 PM
If you don't like all those intro BS movies.
Go To your BF2 Demo directory -> Mods -> BF2 -> Movies
And you can delete all of the movies(however I would reccomend keeping the menu and menu login ones)

No more stupid splash screens starting up the game.

Onji's info for stupid splash screens

[sG] Dutchman
November 3rd, 2005, 06:49 PM
Hey any of ya'll have teamspeak or a teamspeak server?

P.S. If I play css do not mistake me for a british person! I have a british accent says everyone. :/ Lol my british clan problem i'm in did that lol.

LA_MERC_goose
November 4th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah, we run TS for BF2 and a few other games - look at the BF2 Stuff Page under First Person Shooters / BF2 for the needed information.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==