PDA

View Full Version : Is your nieghborhood safe?

LA_MERC_Nutria
October 22nd, 2005, 06:40 AM
http://mapsexoffenders.com/

SweetGirL
October 22nd, 2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks for posting that, Nutria!

I live 1 block over from an elementary school, so it's good that I didn't see any pervs listed closeby (they're not "supposed" to live within a certain radious of a school, although you know some do anyway). I don't let the kids ride their bikes more then 3 houses down in either direction of ours, so that they are always close to home and don't have far to travel back to safety if need be. They constantly fuss that they want to ride their bikes or gocart down the street, or around the block, to another street in our neighborhood, etc. But I still think they are too young to be cautious enough for traffic and safety, much less someone approaching them/strangers. Scary, scary world. Maybe when they are 30-years-old, I will let them out on their own. haha

Silent_Killer
October 22nd, 2005, 02:28 PM
whew nearest one is one town over.......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:scared:

Biggs
October 22nd, 2005, 08:10 PM
the cloest to my house is like a 5 minute drive. its a middle age woman who looks like she could be a friend of mines mom.

unbelievable how a sex offender could look like a sweet older lady.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 22nd, 2005, 08:41 PM
I didn't see any near me but I know for a fact of 2 that live within 20 minutes of my house. But it probably only shows registered sex offenders and it's up to the sex offender to register with very little followup by police after they are released.

LA_MERC_Nutria
October 22nd, 2005, 10:01 PM
They are required by law to show any change of address for the safety of the public and to make sure they don't reside near any schools.

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 23rd, 2005, 06:23 AM
I've got 3 within a half mile of me. Scary thing is, there are 2 schools within that distance too...

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 23rd, 2005, 06:48 AM
Nice find Nutria, we still will not tell Harry Lee where you live, since you are a not a registered nutria offender of the canals.

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 23rd, 2005, 05:08 PM
w00t I'm surrounded by perverts! lol Thank God it's not a pr0n user locator.

LA_MERC_Shadow
October 23rd, 2005, 05:43 PM
w00t I'm surrounded by perverts! lol Thank God it's not a pr0n user locator.

I heard that's google's next project!

Head for the hills boys!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==