PDA

View Full Version : Helicopters rule!

LA_MERC_goose
October 12th, 2005, 10:47 PM
And so does Andy. Got on tonight, Andy showed me the ropes on the helo and within 20 minutes of a round starting I had a helicopter badge and 5 minutes later got a helicopter ribbon. Not only that, got my first Bronze star. I'm telling you, Andy is the man when it comes to the helos! Thanks Andy!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 13th, 2005, 12:10 AM
What a hacker! I just got my helo ribbon last weekend and I've been playing this game since day one.

Most of these nubs can fly pretty good, I'm trying to get more time in on my flying. My defense against plane dogfights is to keep flying in a circle until the guy gets bored and leaves, thanks brent! I'm getting a little better bombing but I can't use the guns worth a damn, I always forget to slow down some to get more shots on target. I'm getting to be a pretty good gunner in the helos though, laser and tv guided missles I'm finally starting to figure out. I was flying a chopper and my gunner was badass earlier today, he was taking out the Cobra helo with the missle while it was moving. He was insane with that thing.

LA_MERC_Drax
October 13th, 2005, 05:58 AM
I practiced while i was offshore last time, i've gotten pretty good at piloting the chopper, just the gunner has to have some understandings with me being the pilot. When i see a target, i freeze, i try to hold my spot still so the gun doesn't wiggle all over. Also, when they start shooting the machine gun, i hold still to make it easier for them. As for the TV guided missles, i put that box on em and hope it shows correct. As for being a gunner, i ain't too great, but i love being the pilot!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 13th, 2005, 06:46 AM
It depends on which helo you are piloting, the MEC chopper is a flak cannon or something because you only have to hit near an enemy to kill them. The China and USMC helos take a better shot to kill enemies, you know you have to actually hit them. You can keep moving some as long as your not diving and driving eratically. Sometimes you get pilots who are trying to get all the kills and constantly swoop and dive to fire rockets. Then again sometimes your gunner aint paying attention and doesn't even fire the cannon at infantry. One word of warning, take out any and all jeeps, minivans, and buggies quickly. For some reason those guns put a hurtin on you quick and can shoot a fairly long time before overheating. You can take a tank round in the nose and live but the machine gunner can bushwhack you quick.

Biggs
October 13th, 2005, 12:48 PM
rgr tht x,

my special move to get those aggervating j10's off ur butt is to simple fly in a hard circle until they leave. i had to use this move a few times against good pilots. unfortunalty a good pilot in a j10/mig will dominate the air. the usmc planes should be better in game, my opinion anyway.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 13th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah so much for US air superiority. I was flying in the Su-34 with some guy and he kept losing the US fighters that were trying to tag us. Not sure what his move was but he got them off our tail 5 or 6 times, and maybe half the time put us on their tail.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 13th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks goose. Glad you liked the tutolage. Your a great student in that you picked everything up instantly. Not much teaching needed, just rather what things do and maybe the best way to approach it. I haven't seen anyone to date including myself pick up so fast on the helo. You were owning in no time. Glad you got you award and badge so quickly. I even got my veteran command badge while helping you, woot woot.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==