PDA

View Full Version : Patch v1.03 has been released!

LA_MERC_Onji
October 4th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Here is the patch, we're one of the first ones who have it:

<a href="http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/bf2/bf2_patch_103.exe">bf2_patch_103.exe</a> 175mb

================================================== ======================
Patch v1.03
================================================== ======================

NEW FEATURES

- Wake Island Map

Included a remade version of this popular BF1942 map. Battlefield 2 version includes a 64 player layout and is configured for multiplayer only.

- Server Favorites / History

There is a new tab in the MULTIPLAYER menu that holds a list of the last 20 internet servers you have connected to, plus a list of servers you have selected as favorites.

* Added a button to the other multiplayer tabs that adds the currently highlighted server to your favorites list.
* Added buttons in the in-game server info menu (press TAB to access) that will add or remove the server you are currently playing on to / from your favorites list.

- Account Login Welcome Screen

After you login to an online account, a message appears that contains BF2 news and information which updates periodically.

- Stat Compare

By clicking the COMPARE button in BFHQ, you can search for another players name and load their current stats into BFHQ. Using the arrow buttons next to the name in the top-left corner of the menu, you can toggle between your stats and their stats.

You can also load a player's stats by double-clicking on their name in any leaderboard.

- Nickname Prefix

You can add a 6-character prefix (such as a clan tag) to your account nickname which will be displayed in-game next to your nametag in the score menu, in game messages, and above your player in the game world.

* This prefix does not change your account name or statistic information (e.g. the prefix does not appear next to your name on the leaderboards).
* You can change this prefix at any time at the account login menu.

- Server Reserved Slots

You can define a list of player nicknames that will act as a "reservation list" for your server.

* The list is located in mods\bf2\settings\ReservedSlots.con
* You can add player names to the list by editing the file and adding the following text for each player :

reservedSlots.addNick <account name>

where <account name> is the player's registered account name, not including a nickname prefix (see above).
* You can define the number of slots to set aside for reserved players in the dedicated server launcher, or with the setting sv.numReservedSlots <number> in your serverSettings.con file.
* The number of players on the list and the number of reserved slots does not necessarily have to be the same.

- Mod Support

There are several new changes that improve support for mods.

* When connecting to a server that is running a mod that you have installed but not activated, it will be automatically activated and you will load into the server.
* Added a filter on the server browser for servers running the currently activated mod.
* Fixed dedicated server launcher to properly handle launching mods.
* Improved support for mods sharing archives with bf2

- Improvements to in-game HUD / Map

* The viewable area of the spawn menu / commander map is now scaled based on the out-of-bounds area so that only the playable area takes up the majority of viewable map space.
* The names of CPs are now displayed on the spawn menu / commander map and minimap
* The minimap zoom level now changes dynamically depending on the type of vehicle you are in. If you zoom in or out manually, that zoom level is remembered for that vehicle type next time you use it.
* The names of players in your vehicle are displayed in the HUD when someone enters the vehicle or switches positions.
* There is a new element in vehicle HUDs that displays the reload time for countermeasures (smoke and flares).
* Flags for each team are now displayed below their ticket count on the minimap to make it easier to tell what team you are assigned to.

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

- Many criteria for ranks and awards have changed. If you are immediately eligible for a new promotion, unlock, badge, award, or ribbon, it will be awarded the next time you receive points on a ranked server.
- Only 1 player in a vehicle will get credit for or speed up capturing a flag at a CP. The other passengers must exit the vehicle to increase the speed of capture or receive capture score.
- Commanders no longer accrue a TK when artillery hits teammates.
- The commander's supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D- map icon in the world.
- Auto team balance no longer moves players to the other team if they are a team commander or a squad leader.
- The wrench repair rate on helicopters has been decreased.
- You now receive 1 support point for destroying an enemy commander's artillery, UAV or Radar station.
- If you have received a point for healing, repairing, or resupplying a teammate, you will not receive another point from them for the same action for a set period of time.
- Singleplayer enemies use the knife more effectively.
- New engine sounds for the T98 tank.
- New engine sounds for the China/MEC light jeep.
- New cannon sounds on APCs.

BUG FIXES

- Fixed physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not killed so easily by moving vehicles.
- Fixed a physics issue that can cause you to be stuck when falling into shallow water
- Fixed an issue with soldier armor when spawning on a squad leader in a vehicle
- Fixed some objects that caused vehicles to take massive collision damage
- Fixed erroneous message stating that you punished a TK when auto- punish is OFF on the server.
- When a vehicle explodes due to external forces, the driver is no longer mis-credited for the kills.
- Added turret movement sounds to several vehicles.
- Fixed an issue that caused crosshairs to stay on the screen when switching camera views.
- Fixed an issue that caused the time limit status of the server not to be sent to clients when it is changed by the server.
- Fixed server setting sv.allowExternalViews. Setting this to 0 will disallow external views.
- Added setting for interfaceIP to the server launcher
- Changed automatic TK banning to ban by cd-key instead of IP address
- Improved the stability of secondary position turrets to reduce jerkiness during movement.
- Fixed spawning on squad leaders to prevent players from spawning where they should not.
- Fixed issue with auto team balance not sending new players to the team with less players.
- Set T90 top hatch armor to Front Armor".
- Set some wheels on jets and helpcopters to stronger armor to prevent them from being destroyed instantly by AT missiles.
- Adjusted wheeled vehicle engines on hills to improve climbing.
- Changed the Commo-rose behavior so that player does not leave crouch when using it.
- Passwords entered to join password protected servers are now cleared after use.
- Improved PLAY NOW functionality.
- Fixed some memory usage issues in the front end.
- Fixed an issue allowing color changes in player name text.
- When you click on a server in the server browser, the information from that server is updated to be more accurate.
- Fixed a crash in the Ranked Linux server when communication with stats back-end ceased.
- Improved the behavior of AA missiles when locked on an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where parachuting soldiers could not be healed.
- Added the server port to the SERVER INFO tab.
- Removed the SERVER INFO tab when playing singleplayer
- Fixed an issue causing some soldier & vehicle control keys to be used for in-game menus.
- Added new soldier artwork in BFHQ
- Added name of video directo to credits

LA_MERC_goose
October 4th, 2005, 11:05 AM
OMG! ONJI THIS IS AWESOME!!!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 4th, 2005, 11:16 AM
"Improved the behavior of AA missiles when locked on an enemy."

We can only hope.

"Commanders no longer accrue a TK when artillery hits teammates."

Woohoo!

Biggs
October 4th, 2005, 11:35 AM
bah, aa missiles are gay.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 4th, 2005, 11:59 AM
I still see nothing that fixes the gay ass c4 problem. Thanks onji I will be on early trying this one out.

LA_MERC_Onji
October 4th, 2005, 12:13 PM
']bah, aa missiles are gay.

muhahaha payback is coming lol

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 4th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Biggs is going down!!!!
nah, don't worry Biggs, the biys on the ground will take em out for you!!!

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 4th, 2005, 12:29 PM
keep us updated on promotions, if anyone figures out the new figures...see ya on tonight...w00t!

Biggs
October 4th, 2005, 12:56 PM
i think everyone gets a promo, i just logged on and is say 99% to next promo.

and about the aa. guys, in case u all forgot. i am the the man who owns the sky. i will adapt and overcome u ground pounders and if not, i will juet use the tank.

LA_MERC_Drax
October 4th, 2005, 01:06 PM
I found my tactic for dog fighting against biggs....

Go straight vertical, full throttle, afterburners and sky it out. If he follows, we both fly out of control, off the map, and die...so far, it works!

Biggs
October 4th, 2005, 01:27 PM
WOOTAGE,
i got in a game got 2 kills and i got promoted to seargent major, all the lines with a star in the middle.

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 4th, 2005, 03:25 PM
I went home for "lunch"
I got in the game...three consecutive kills got me promoted!!!!
I am now a gunny sargent...w00t!
so 19,600 ish is 2 ranks higher than 25,000 used to be
new map is bad arse...Biggs will have a field day bombing on those narrow roads.
the heli's were uber vicious the stability in the secondary guns was greatly enhanced
the AA was very improved, they locked on for way longer, and they do not just die when the pilot flies straight...they go boom.
I also got my veteran assault badge so they must have lowered the min hours for all the vet badges. will post more after I get to play more tonight.

Biggs
October 4th, 2005, 05:11 PM
i got all the unlock and the next promo is "2nd lt."

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 4th, 2005, 05:28 PM
awesome...how far away on the progress bar?

Biggs
October 4th, 2005, 07:49 PM
progrss bar is zero, lol

Biggs
October 4th, 2005, 07:59 PM
ok from bf2tracker: 2nd lt at 75000 points

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 4th, 2005, 10:26 PM
mine too....wierd and the sigs will not update?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 4th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Woohoo, I got both the good conduct award and the Chinese Service Ribon last night, woohoo along with my rank jumps.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 5th, 2005, 07:03 AM
So whats with our sigs. Do we need to update soemthing with the patch for it too work. I need to see my new medals. I will also have to give credit where credit is due. THe new map is awesome. The graphics are first rate. I love the crashed zero in the water by the US artillery. The map is non stop action. I do miss the big land cannons from 1942 and I wish they would put in better vehicles. The F35 VSTOL is not the new carrier plane. They need to put in a tomcat and a super hornet. I would also love to see my beloved A-10 like in desert combatt. One can only dream. All in all the patch is a big thumbs up from me. They still didn't fix the queer C4 but they did fix a lot. The down side is I played way too much last night. Can't focus or keep eye open. MUST get Coffee intravaneioulsly (spelling).

LA_MERC_Onji
October 5th, 2005, 07:36 AM
they blocked alot of folks who queried the stats server for sigs etc, the site we use was one of them, he is trying to get in contact with someone at EA about it, because they are letting a few folks in

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 6th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Well one good thing about the update is I went up 3 ranks overnight, Spec Ops gun is the shizzile. I also got the MEC and Chinese service ribbons, odd because I have double the hours as a USMC than either of the other armies.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
October 8th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I just made Corporal and I unlocked the Dao. Man that is a nice weapon!

Ditto on the G36C it is my second favorite now.

Biggs
October 8th, 2005, 08:45 PM
i found out that 2nd lt. is awarded at 200000 points.

also: i have all the unlocks so if any of u guys wanna try any gun out just kill me in game and grab my pack.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
October 9th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Great you have to get 200,000 points just for the pleasure of being the lowest officer rank. Whoop di do, you get to be a butter bar!!!

I'd rather be led into battle by a Gunny than some wet behind the ears 2 Lenit! :)

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 9th, 2005, 08:37 AM
LMAO

First Sargent here now...w00t!!
me and Biggs have some sweet patches!!

Biggs
October 9th, 2005, 08:51 AM
lol rgr tht diesel. we own the battlefield!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 9th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Gonna be around Christmas before I get that one, I have a life unlike some nubs.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
October 10th, 2005, 06:17 AM
At least we all work pretty well together. Hopefully I will see Staff Sgt soon.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 10th, 2005, 06:49 AM
This sig was working yesterday but is now offline.

http://badhq.com/

LA_MERC_goose
October 10th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Well, got the Basic Sniper badge and I'm 70% through Private First Class. I R LAME. lol

Anyway, guys it's been somewhat fun running around with y'all the past few nights but I believe I am going to step back for a few days - not permantly, just for a few days - see y'all soon though.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 10th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Don't do it man!

When you get it to play just tell us what badge/ribbon you are trying to get and we will do our best to help you get it. See ya in a couple days.

MindWerks
October 10th, 2005, 01:14 PM
*Sigh*

One of these days I need to start playing this game again.

I kind of quit playing it... The lag and lack of interface performance killed my interest in this game for me.

LA_MERC_Drifter
October 10th, 2005, 01:55 PM
']*Sigh*

One of these days I need to start playing this game again.

I kind of quit playing it... The lag and lack of interface performance killed my interest in this game for me.

I know what you mean Mind :sad:

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 10th, 2005, 03:48 PM
no lag, and it is an easy interface 90% of the time
....cancel update..."what is the ip?"
type it in and bingo.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 10th, 2005, 06:17 PM
My issue since I've had the game is the search function doesn't work, which is OK. But when I try to search for a server no servers come up and I can't get any servers to show up even after I clear the search section and hit "update servers." So I have to exit the game entirely and restart the game in order to see any servers. So I just don't use the search method and I check player status here on the website to get the ip that we are playing at.

I got Veteran Anti-tank today and I'm shooting to get enough hours in Spec Ops to get Veteran in that sometime this week. You guys should check it out now that the patch is out, you have more badges and ranks to shoot for and keep you interested. That's what keeps me playing shooting for badges/ribbons and ranks, not to mention hanging wit da homies.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I definately noticed the step up in my game with my upgrade. It does matter, but your talking to a man that played a year and a half of counter strike with a frame rate of 12. I still did well. Fun trying to awp leading the person by about 30 paces, lol.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 10th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Your not supposed to lead them that far? It's even more exicting when they're skipping acros the screen, have to time the shot for when they appear.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
October 10th, 2005, 10:34 PM
My issue since I've had the game is the search function doesn't work, which is OK. But when I try to search for a server no servers come up and I can't get any servers to show up even after I clear the search section and hit "update servers." So I have to exit the game entirely and restart the game in order to see any servers. So I just don't use the search method and I check player status here on the website to get the ip that we are playing at.

I got Veteran Anti-tank today and I'm shooting to get enough hours in Spec Ops to get Veteran in that sometime this week. You guys should check it out now that the patch is out, you have more badges and ranks to shoot for and keep you interested. That's what keeps me playing shooting for badges/ribbons and ranks, not to mention hanging wit da homies.

What filters do you have checked off in the search funtion? Try to limit the filters one at a time to see if the search function will start working.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 11th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Not the filters in the box below the server update box. It's when I type in a server name in the search box over where the server names are displayed. That's when zero servers show up and I can't update servers again unless I restart the game.

The boxes you can put "X" in work fine, of course I haven't changed that since about the second day of playing.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 14th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Well I think the upgrade to the anti-air rocket suck. On Wake there was a guy on US who would hover in the F-35B near the airfield for max pwnage. So I jump in a SAM put it on him get a lock and fire 2 rockets. First rocket misses while he still isn't moving, he started to move a little and the second rocket hits him. WTF? A locked on rocket can't hit a target sitting still? How do they expect it to hit a moving target?

Biggs
October 14th, 2005, 07:42 AM
he took flying lessons from me. i teach max pwning 101. lol jk, i think that sucs, if a jet isnt moving it should get blown to crap.

LA_MERC_goose
October 14th, 2005, 07:43 AM
That would be Andy's leading him to 30 paces ... 12 inches and hoping he doesn't do a barrel roll.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 14th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Lol, I need my old sound file from full metal jacket

"How do you shoot women and children"
"Easy, you just don't lead'em as much"

"If they run, they're VC"
If they don't run, they're well trained VC"

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==